News:

OK fuckers, let me out of here. I farted for you, what more do you want from me? Jesus fuck.

Main Menu

I am incredibly stupid and help me get my drugs.

Started by Dalek, October 05, 2011, 09:33:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: The R-tist Sometimes Known as WHN on October 06, 2011, 05:27:49 PM
Quote from: Khara on Hiatus.... on October 06, 2011, 05:25:26 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 06, 2011, 05:17:31 PM
People getting high on bath salts depresses the fuck out of me.

I had to go look it up.  I thought people were snorting shit from their grandmother's linen closets.  :x

Nope, it's a marketing gimmick to skirt the FDA.  And it's working.  It's banned in Maine and a few other states but it is still legal to get in many locations across the country.  Hell, in some places you can buy the stuff at truckstops. 

Just imagine your typical long-hauler behind the wheel of a big rig on a busy highway on some of this stuff.  Doesn't that give you a nice cozy feeling in the pit of your stomach? 

I don't understand people's desire to find new ways to fuck themselves up.  Aren't there enough legal ones already out there?

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: Khara on Hiatus.... on October 06, 2011, 05:28:06 PM
I'm sorry, but who the hell takes a drug that lists "suicidality" as a known side effect?

What. The. Fuck?

Young males.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

AFK

So far they seem to be the drug of choice of men between the ages of 20 and 40.  For whatever reason it really hasn't hit the youth population yet.  (at least not in the States)

Also, it seems to be popping up in very distinct pockets.  For example in Maine there are really only three or four population areas where it has become a big problem and Portland isn't one of them.  It isn't following the typical traffic growth pattern other drugs follow.  Basically it seems to be spreading socially.  Someone gets the stuff shares it with friends, and it grows from there.  

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 06, 2011, 05:03:45 PM
Quote from: Nigel on October 06, 2011, 04:59:43 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 06, 2011, 04:54:46 PM
Quote from: P3nT4gR4m on October 06, 2011, 04:52:36 PM
Never tried cactus but if it's further out there than our uk shrooms then I really don't wanna know  :eek:

Aside from the puking, it's not bad. 

Well, also aside from killing lizards in the back yard with empty bourbon bottles, eating them raw, and screeching at the neighbors that I am the MIGHTY HUNTER.

I almost wish I had seen that. Except, poor lizard! Also, gross.

What do you mean, "gross"?  Sure, I was a nude 40-something guy waving a whiskey bottle, but I was decently covered up.

With hair.  Hair in places I didn't even used to notice I had.  Imagine a bald sasquatch, or a weaponized ape.  But don't get any weird ideas.  I have an iguana out back that attacks strap ons on sight.  Don't ask how he learned to do that.

:x :x :x :x I was talking about eating a raw lizard! But thank you for the multiple unwanted mental images that no amount of therapy will be able to erase.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Science me, babby on October 06, 2011, 05:28:47 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 06, 2011, 05:03:45 PM
Quote from: Nigel on October 06, 2011, 04:59:43 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 06, 2011, 04:54:46 PM
Quote from: P3nT4gR4m on October 06, 2011, 04:52:36 PM
Never tried cactus but if it's further out there than our uk shrooms then I really don't wanna know  :eek:

Aside from the puking, it's not bad. 

Well, also aside from killing lizards in the back yard with empty bourbon bottles, eating them raw, and screeching at the neighbors that I am the MIGHTY HUNTER.

I almost wish I had seen that. Except, poor lizard! Also, gross.

What do you mean, "gross"?  Sure, I was a nude 40-something guy waving a whiskey bottle, but I was decently covered up.

With hair.  Hair in places I didn't even used to notice I had.  Imagine a bald sasquatch, or a weaponized ape.  But don't get any weird ideas.  I have an iguana out back that attacks strap ons on sight.  Don't ask how he learned to do that.

(I taught him. :) )

:spittake:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Freeky

FEAR MY PENIS EATING PREHISTORIC LIZARD PET! BAHAHAHAHAHA
               /
          :magick:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

If you google "bath salts drug" or "research chemicals drug" you get enough threads of information to keep you busy for hours, including lots of specific chemical names which you can follow to a multiplicity of firsthand accounts about the effects of various of these chemicals on druggie info-sharing forums.

There are a lot of things I have, and will, put into my body. None of the RC's I've read about so far fall into that category. Some of them (albeit, probably not the popular and cheap ones) are probably pretty benign, and in 30 years when we know that for sure maybe I'll try them. In the meantime, no fucking way. I value my body and my brain far too much to use it for that kind of "research".

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: Net on October 06, 2011, 05:32:25 PM
I'm sorry, but who the hell takes a drug that lists "suicidality" as a known side effect?

What. The. Fuck?

Incredibly stupid Young males who then post about it on the internet......

Fixxored.   :x

Triple Zero

Quote from: The R-tist Sometimes Known as WHN on October 06, 2011, 05:25:43 PM
Yes, I am specifically NOT linking to resources that list chemicals for a particular reason.  I actually have a resource that is very thorough with chemical information that would be very handy to someone who wanted to make these things.  (I'm sure Faust will appreciate me NOT linking to this information)

I meant the chemical name, not the recipe how to brew it.

QuoteAnd you and Dalekk and others are free to not believe me, but I have sat through a few (very thorough and detailed) briefings now and I can say with pretty solid confidence that the drug that Dalekk is talking about falls into the category of "bath salts" which have the health effects listed in the PDF.  And one of the other ways "bath salts" have been marketed in the U.S. and abroad is as "Research Chemicals".  They will typically get around FDA and other regulation by putting something like "not for human consumption" on the package even though it is very obvious they are intended for human consumption.

It's not that I don't believe you, in fact I think I specifically stated otherwise--twice.

It's just that you link to a PDF that just states something about "bath salts" which are, from what I understand a very wide range of different chemicals, to illustrate that you know exactly how dangerous they are.

It's like saying there's this category of drugs called "white powder", which includes coke, heroin, sugar and a whole bunch of chemicals that haven't even been synthesized yet, and listing a very specific range of side effects.

Which is insulting to everybody's intelligence.

So instead I would rather say that these things are dangerous BECAUSE you don't know what they are, because they could do anything, long-term effects are unknown and because you're taking completely unknown chances if you take them.

Which is honest, upfront, and a clear warning to anyone with half a brain.

What. The. Fuck?

Nearly everybody that takes anti-depressiva.

Yes it's counter-intuitive and paradoxical, but many of them actually carry "suicidal thoughts" or "increased risk of suicide" as a side effect.

Not that anybody would want to take an SSRI recreatively, anyway, because happy serotonine feelings are the long term effect (weeks), and the short-term is just nausea or heart arrythmia (in stupid high doses).

Quote from: Nigel on October 06, 2011, 05:42:45 PMThere are a lot of things I have, and will, put into my body. None of the RC's I've read about so far fall into that category. Some of them (albeit, probably not the popular and cheap ones) are probably pretty benign, and in 30 years when we know that for sure maybe I'll try them. In the meantime, no fucking way. I value my body and my brain far too much to use it for that kind of "research".

I'm not really looking forward to trying such things either.

I just think "you don't know how dangerous it could be" is a much better warning than pretending you do, when you actually don't.

Except for young kids. You can tell them anything.

"You remember that time when we had to cancel Christmas? Yeah it was because Santa took Ethcathinone."
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: The R-tist Sometimes Known as WHN on October 06, 2011, 05:27:49 PM
Quote from: Khara on Hiatus.... on October 06, 2011, 05:25:26 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 06, 2011, 05:17:31 PM
People getting high on bath salts depresses the fuck out of me.

I had to go look it up.  I thought people were snorting shit from their grandmother's linen closets.  :x

Nope, it's a marketing gimmick to skirt the FDA.  And it's working.  It's banned in Maine and a few other states but it is still legal to get in many locations across the country.  Hell, in some places you can buy the stuff at truckstops. 

Just imagine your typical long-hauler behind the wheel of a big rig on a busy highway on some of this stuff.  Doesn't that give you a nice cozy feeling in the pit of your stomach? 

That and meth.  If you want to experience a real thrill, take I10 through Tucson, especially at the I19 cut off, at about 4AM.  4 lanes means room for one truck.
Molon Lube

AFK

Quote from: Triple Zero on October 06, 2011, 05:49:17 PM
It's not that I don't believe you, in fact I think I specifically stated otherwise--twice.

It's just that you link to a PDF that just states something about "bath salts" which are, from what I understand a very wide range of different chemicals, to illustrate that you know exactly how dangerous they are.

A range of chemicals which includes the one that Dalekk mentioned and have the effects listed in that PDF.  

QuoteIt's like saying there's this category of drugs called "white powder", which includes coke, heroin, sugar and a whole bunch of chemicals that haven't even been synthesized yet, and listing a very specific range of side effects.

Which is insulting to everybody's intelligence.

Uhh, no, it's not like that at all.  

QuoteSo instead I would rather say that these things are dangerous BECAUSE you don't know what they are, because they could do anything, long-term effects are unknown and because you're taking completely unknown chances if you take them.

Which is honest, upfront, and a clear warning to anyone with half a brain.

You can say what you'd rather say based upon your experience and I will say what I'd rather say based upon my experience.  Again, you are free to disagree but I feel pretty confident in my sources and information.  
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: el sjaako on October 06, 2011, 04:20:22 PM
Quote from: Nph. Twid. on October 06, 2011, 05:33:33 AM
Ecstasy, for example, was prescribed for marriage counseling. Now we know it tears holes in your brain while simultaneously causing you to like bad techno and glow sticks.

This is not actually true (although it is still being pushed as such by some agencies). See, for instance, http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2002/apr/18/drugsandalcohol.

Research chemicals can be dangerous, but the point is nobody really knows. All drugs, including generally accepted safe ones like ritalin, were once research chemicals, and they should be judged on a case by case basis.

The bolded part is still true, and a far worse side-effect.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Nigel on October 06, 2011, 04:59:04 PM
I am a pretty experiential, experimental person. However, with all the awesome goofy drugs that grow in plants and have been around for millennia co-evolving with us and NOT causing massive brain damage, severe life-destroying addiction, and self-destructive and/or violent dissociative behavior, it absolutely baffles me why anyone would seek out some synthetic wild card rather than one of the relatively safe psychoactives that have been around for long enough to know what they really do to you.

On a related note, did you know that alcoholism wasn't a big problem until we learned to distill that shit on a widespread and inexpensive basis? Suddenly we went from swilling weak homebrews morning, noon and night to swilling hard liquor morning, noon and night. Our brains basically evolved to find alcohol pleasurable, and in mild doses, it is very pleasurable indeed. Suddenly, though, our poor little monkey brains were getting saturated with concentrations tens of times stronger than we were adapted for, and for a time drunkenness was a plague, leading to Prohibition (which never made sense to me until I started watching this documentary... now it makes perfect sense, even though it was an unsuccessful reaction to a real and severe problem).

We seem to be gradually adapting to the availability of strong alcohol, fortunately. Or unfortunately; I don't know.

Villager and I watched the same one. PBS rules!
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube