News:

Testimonial - Well it seems that most of you "discordians" are little more than dupes of the Cathedral/NWO memetic apparatus after all -- "freethinkers" in the sense that you are willing to think slightly outside the designated boxes of correct thought, but not free in the sense that you reject the existence of the boxes and seek their destruction.

Main Menu

Steve Jobs is dead! A sad day for hipster douchebags everywhere!

Started by Prelate Diogenes Shandor, October 06, 2011, 03:38:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

Quote from: Epimetheus on October 06, 2011, 03:00:01 PM
Wait yo, he never said he was happy about it, and I quote ":|," ya turkeys.
Me no have no strong feelings about this either, really. Although he helped leaps in technology, those leaps will continue. The good news is, now I can evoke his spirit to fix my iPod. My sympathies to those who are sad.

Well, except for saying outright the only people who would be upset were hipster douchebags, and that Jobs sold his soul to a demon, no, he didn't say anything which would suggest he was happy about it, no.

YOU.

FUCKING.

IDIOT.

Christ, what is it with the apparent infestion of derp on the boards?  Reading inbetween the lines, motherfucker, have you heard of it?  It pains me to even have to write this.

I'm no great fan of Apple, but if I was going to be dickish about some guy's death, I'd at least attempt to be funny about it.  PDS failed on those grounds because...well, he fails at pretty much everything he does here.

The Rev

I wonder if Gates will attend the funeral. The war between those two lifted technology faster and further that I think it would have gone without them.

RIP Steve, thanks for the memories.

Doktor Howl

The first computer my family had that could do much of anything was a nice, affordable Apple II+, way back in the year dot.  I spent 5 fun years with half of my friends (the other half were gearheads) geeking out like a mad bastard, pushing our own limits in programming logic and coding.

Oh, and I could play video games without hemmoraging quarters.

So long, Mr Jobs.  Thanks for the fun.

And fuck PDS in the ass with a potted cactus.

Molon Lube

Triple Zero

Quote from: The Rev on October 06, 2011, 03:21:04 PM
I wonder if Gates will attend the funeral. The war between those two lifted technology faster and further that I think it would have gone without them.

Quote from: Bill Gates
http://www.thegatesnotes.com/Personal/Steve-Jobs

I'm truly saddened to learn of Steve Jobs' death. Melinda and I extend our sincere condolences to his family and friends, and to everyone Steve has touched through his work.

Steve and I first met nearly 30 years ago, and have been colleagues, competitors and friends over the course of more than half our lives.

The world rarely sees someone who has had the profound impact Steve has had, the effects of which will be felt for many generations to come. 

For those of us lucky enough to get to work with him, it's been an insanely great honor.  I will miss Steve immensely.

Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

The Rev

Quote from: Triple Zero on October 06, 2011, 03:49:21 PM
Quote from: The Rev on October 06, 2011, 03:21:04 PM

Quote from: Bill Gates
http://www.thegatesnotes.com/Personal/Steve-Jobs

I'm truly saddened to learn of Steve Jobs' death. Melinda and I extend our sincere condolences to his family and friends, and to everyone Steve has touched through his work.

Steve and I first met nearly 30 years ago, and have been colleagues, competitors and friends over the course of more than half our lives.

The world rarely sees someone who has had the profound impact Steve has had, the effects of which will be felt for many generations to come. 

For those of us lucky enough to get to work with him, it's been an insanely great honor.  I will miss Steve immensely.

:mittens:

kingyak

Except for the IIe's we had in my high school, I've never really used Apple products, but that's mainly because  so far Apple hasn't convinced me that its products have enough extra features to justify the extra cost. I never saw the point of the OS/brand tribalism that some people engage in. I'm not going to celebrate Jobs' death, but I'm also not going to act like it was an unexpected tragedy that the world will never recover from. He was responsible for a lot of innovations, but it's not like he cured cancer or anything.
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."-HST

Freeky

Quote from: Cain on October 06, 2011, 03:10:33 PM

Christ, what is it with the apparent infestion of derp on the boards? 

I was just saying that yesterday!  What the hell is up with that?

Payne

Cain

Quote from: Science me, babby on October 06, 2011, 03:52:42 PM

Payne mentioned it today as well.

I propose a Committee to Investigate the Causes of Derp

Freeky

Quote from: Cain on October 06, 2011, 03:54:11 PM

Yes, definitely. 

Payne

I propose a developmental department to create the tools and fools of the future, to think outside the box when it comes to making the morons of tomorrow more moronic. I propose we call it DERPA.

Freeky

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on October 06, 2011, 03:54:11 PM

Whew, when I went to bed last night I was wondering if I'm just being extra bitchy and finding things derpier than usual. Glad to know it isn't just me, especially because I don't actually feel like I'm in a bad/hypercritical mood.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on October 06, 2011, 11:28:15 AM
I can think of nothing more hipster douchebaggy than logging onto the internet a short time after someone has died to declare how you essentially hated them and are glad they died....because they make electronic products you don't like.

Perfect storm of douchebaggery, hipster entitlement and techno-nerd fashionable whining, in one neat little package.

This pretty much sums it up.

Of course, if this thread is just a troll, PDS wins completely.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: kingyak on October 06, 2011, 03:51:36 PM
Except for the IIe's we had in my high school, I've never really used Apple products, but that's mainly because  so far Apple hasn't convinced me that its products have enough extra features to justify the extra cost. I never saw the point of the OS/brand tribalism that some people engage in. I'm not going to celebrate Jobs' death, but I'm also not going to act like it was an unexpected tragedy that the world will never recover from. He was responsible for a lot of innovations, but it's not like he cured cancer or anything.

Really?

Props for at least trying to be funny; you get the "too soon" pass.