News:

if the thee off of you are revel in the fact you ds a discordant suck it's dick and praise it's agenda? guess what bit-chit's not. hat I in fact . do you really think it'd theshare about shit, hen you should indeed tare-take if the frontage that you're into. do you really think it's the hardcore shite of the left thy t? you're little f/cking girls parackind abbot in tituts. FUCK YOU. you're latecomers, and you 're folks who don't f/cking get it. plez challenge me.

Main Menu

My opinion > your opinion.

Started by trix, October 09, 2011, 04:23:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Luna on October 12, 2011, 06:01:44 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 12, 2011, 05:35:20 PM
Quote from: trix on October 12, 2011, 05:25:53 PM
Quote from: Science me, babby on October 12, 2011, 05:13:46 PM
Quote from: Nigel on October 12, 2011, 04:41:17 PM
What I don't understand is why he feels the need to bring his second-year philosophical wankery here. He's IN COLLEGE, isn't he? Aren't there a bunch of other naive gits there who haven't had this discussion ten thousand times that he could be boring with his pointless sophomoric rehash, and might therefore actually find it interesting?

You are seriously overestimating this wankery's interesting to college student's factor.  :lulz:

I am flattered by the crush you and Phox have on me, and I find you both to be pleasant, brilliant, and insightful people as well.  Perhaps we should exchange phone numbers?

A/S/L?

This thread delivers.

What IS it with the "please shit on me" attention whores these days?

They have 900 numbers for that.  Seriously.

To be fair, a few people are riding him like a :hosrie:

On the other hand, he's responding.

:monkeydance:
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: trix on October 12, 2011, 05:22:49 PM
Quote from: Nigel on October 12, 2011, 05:13:28 PM
Quote from: trix on October 12, 2011, 04:55:43 PM
What I don't understand is why he feels the need to bring his second-year philosophical wankery here. He's IN COLLEGE, isn't he? Aren't there a bunch of other naive gits there who haven't had this discussion ten thousand times that he could be boring with his pointless sophomoric rehash, and might therefore actually find it interesting?

I discuss it with them too.  However, most of them speak first and think later, leading to some rather frustratingly dim-witted conversations.  Besides, the fact that many of you are well past these elementary concepts and discussions is why I am interested in your input, as you'll have that older, wiser perspective.  In theory, at least.

Instead, what you find is that we find your topics tedious and dimwitted, and are irritated and frustrated that you expect us to have actual conversations about something that most of us dissected and digested years ago.

Listen, if we wanted to be elementary school teachers, we could do that. Or we could be on Fizzy Grizzly, schooling the little 'uns. But we aren't, and we have no obligation to provide you with training wheels. Take that philosophy 122 class, that's what it's for. Seriously.

Here, read a book:

http://www.amazon.com/Practical-Ethics-Peter-Singer/dp/0521707684/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1318435873&sr=8-1

I put it out there not expecting anything.  I put it out there in case anyone felt like discussing it.  I was under the impression both that PD had people of all shapes and sizes (thus, there might be other college level people that are interested in studying it), and that those who aren't interested in discussing it would simply click a different thread.  It was not my intention to waste your time, but not everyone has had these conversations to death, and I figured that some of those people who have not might be here as well.

Unless I made a serious error in judgement, and PD is only for old farts that have already discussed every topic I might encounter in college.

You're seriously underestimating the brainpower here. It's not that discussions of philosophy aren't interesting, it's just that overall, the board does have a bit of a higher standard, and I, for one, like it that way. If you're expecting mixed-grade-level subject matter and discussion areas for beginners, you're on the wrong board. Even the teenagers here are able to hold their own in intellectual discussion, and don't come here looking to debate elementary-school level topics. You are insulting the average intelligence of the other board users with this crap.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: trix on October 12, 2011, 05:22:49 PM
Unless I made a serious error in judgement, and PD is only for old farts that have already discussed every topic I might encounter in college.

You need to mention mind control lasers and REAL discordianism.

My bingo card is almost full.
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

The other thing, Trix, is that while I have seen you start plenty of threads trying to get other people to feed you their opinions, I haven't seen you write a single rant, essay, or manifesto presenting yours.

That's the single best way to get people's attention and interaction. "What makes one person's opinion worth more than another person's opinion?" is gonna make a lot of people grit their teeth and say "THINK FOR YOURSELF, SCHMUCK!"

Instead, tell us what you think makes one person's opinion worth more than another person's opinion.

You do think, right?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

trix

Quote from: Nigel on October 12, 2011, 06:10:45 PM
The other thing, Trix, is that while I have seen you start plenty of threads trying to get other people to feed you their opinions, I haven't seen you write a single rant, essay, or manifesto presenting yours.

That's the single best way to get people's attention and interaction. "What makes one person's opinion worth more than another person's opinion?" is gonna make a lot of people grit their teeth and say "THINK FOR YOURSELF, SCHMUCK!"

Instead, tell us what you think makes one person's opinion worth more than another person's opinion.

You do think, right?

Taking into account that, as I've mentioned, I don't have the wit or creative writing skills of the majority of active posters here, combined with the fact that I have only (somewhat) recently started "T[ing]FY,S", further combined with what already happens just from merely asking for the opinions of others, and I've gotten the idea that posting some of my opinions would cause even worse headache-inducing threads than the ones you're already complaining about.

Especially considering I am not nearly as well read as many of you, making my opinions uninformed by comparison.
Especially considering that asking people for their opinions generally causes less backlash then spouting my own, in my experience.

Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 12, 2011, 06:03:15 PM
To be fair, a few people are riding him like a :hosrie:

On the other hand, he's responding.

:monkeydance:
:mrgreen:
It's probably the attention whore primate in me, but I rather enjoy the exchanges.
There's good news tonight.  And bad news.  First, the bad news: there is no good news.  Now, the good news: you don't have to listen to the bad news.
Zen Without Zen Masters

Quote from: Cain
Gender is a social construct.  As society, we get to choose your gender.

Doktor Howl

The real truth is, we just like to yell and carry on.
Molon Lube

trix

There's good news tonight.  And bad news.  First, the bad news: there is no good news.  Now, the good news: you don't have to listen to the bad news.
Zen Without Zen Masters

Luna

Trix...  if you want to develop the kind of writing skill you see here, you have to have the balls to WRITE.  Do some of the regular posters here make me feel like an underinformed, semi-literate monkey sometimes?  Yep.  I'd name names, but i'd leave people off because I would forget.

Dead serious, here.  Do it.  Accept that people here will pull your brain apart, it's a tough crowd.  Deal with the fact that we may tell you in no uncertain terms when we tthink you have your head so far up your own ass that you can see daylight.  But, you'll learn.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

trix

Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 12, 2011, 06:44:41 PM
Quote from: trix on October 12, 2011, 06:37:40 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 12, 2011, 06:32:17 PM
The real truth is, we just like to yell and carry on.
Yup, figured that.
Hail discordia.

Never mind.

Nobody can say I didn't try.
:?
I must have missed something here.

In my defense, I'm doing homework at the same time so my attention is diverted.
Zen Without Zen Masters

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: trix on October 12, 2011, 06:31:17 PM
Quote from: Nigel on October 12, 2011, 06:10:45 PM

You do think, right?

Taking into account that, as I've mentioned, I don't have the wit or creative writing skills of the majority of active posters here, combined with the fact that I have only (somewhat) recently started "T[ing]FY,S", further combined with what already happens just from merely asking for the opinions of others, and I've gotten the idea that posting some of my opinions would cause even worse headache-inducing threads than the ones you're already complaining about.

Especially considering I am not nearly as well read as many of you, making my opinions uninformed by comparison.
Especially considering that asking people for their opinions generally causes less backlash then spouting my own, in my experience.

The only way to build skills is to exercise them.

Yes, you will write some shoddy bullshit, and we will tear it down and tell you why you are wrong, and you will try to defend your argument and get laughed at. But in the process, you will learn to think critically and examine your own views for flaws, you will learn to present yourself cogently, and you will learn to build a defensible argument. You will end up better off for it, but you aren't going to get there sitting on the sidelines and asking the players what it's like to play.

ETA: What Luna said.

trix

Quote from: Nigel on October 12, 2011, 06:51:31 PM
(quote pyramid snipped)

The only way to build skills is to exercise them.

Yes, you will write some shoddy bullshit, and we will tear it down and tell you why you are wrong, and you will try to defend your argument and get laughed at. But in the process, you will learn to think critically and examine your own views for flaws, you will learn to present yourself cogently, and you will learn to build a defensible argument. You will end up better off for it, but you aren't going to get there sitting on the sidelines and asking the players what it's like to play.

ETA: What Luna said.

Alrighty, next time I have something to say, I'll toss it out there.  However, don't say I didn't warn you.

Quote from: NEWSFEED
My opinion > your opinion
:lulz: :mrgreen:
Was that there already?  Because if it was not, I think that makes me an official spag!

ETA: QUE HORA ES!
Just to add something funny.
Zen Without Zen Masters

Phox

You are seriously overestimating this wankery's interesting to college student's factor.  :lulz:

I am flattered by the crush you and Phox have on me, and I find you both to be pleasant, brilliant, and insightful people as well.  Perhaps we should exchange phone numbers?

A/S/L?
22/F/IL. PM Incoming.

Phox,
Doesn't afraid of anything.

Pæs

Quote from: Doktor Phox on October 12, 2011, 10:31:42 PM

A/S/L?
22/F/IL. PM Incoming.

Phox,
:popcorn:

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Doktor Phox on October 12, 2011, 10:31:42 PM

A/S/L?
22/F/IL. PM Incoming.

Phox,

You're in for a wild ride, it seems, Trix.  :lulz:
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS