News:

PD.com: We occur at random among your children.

Main Menu

Pleasing Lies

Started by Luna, October 10, 2011, 07:02:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luna

Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 10, 2011, 05:31:52 PM

It is not the business of a Doktor to tell you pleasing lies.

I was told, just last night, that the response I made to a direct question dented someone's ego.  It was an honest answer...  It just wasn't the answer that would stroke his ego. 

Yeah, I'm all done with pretty lies.  I'm through with telling a man what he wants to hear, just to spare his fragile little feelings. 

It starts off with the little stuff.  "No, it's no problem."  "Really, sweetie, I don't mind."

The next thing you know, you've "I don't mind"ed yourself into doing shit that, a decade ago, you never imagined you'd tolerate.

No more.  Fuck that noise.

Guess what, boys?  I may not be ready for another relationship, just yet...  But I'm a hell of a lot closer than I've been in awhile, and maybe, just maybe, I'll look around a bit and window shop.  See if maybe the feet I've got under me will hold my weight. 

But, it's gonna be different, this time. 

I'm through changing my words, changing my SELF in order to fit around your lives.

I've got my own life.  I'm through breaking myself in places so I can fit around you.  I'll bend... but by all that's holy, I'm not going to be the only one who bends, this time.

I'm not going to be as easy to get along with as I used to be, maybe...  And I'm gonna do some damage, here and there.

But you know what?

I'm worth it.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Precious Moments Zalgo

Good for you.  I believe it would be really difficult to have a long-term relationship with someone who can't handle knowing what you really think.

Personally, I hate when when I ask someone for their opinion, and instead of giving it to me they tell me what they think I want to hear because they don't want to hurt my feelings.  You know what hurts my feelings?  When people think I'm incapable of handling their honest opinion.
I will answer ANY prayer for $39.95.*

*Unfortunately, I cannot give refunds in the event that the answer is no.

Doktor Howl

Also, fuck 'em if they can't take a joke.

Molon Lube

Luna

Quote from: Precious Moments Zalgo on October 10, 2011, 09:49:24 PM
Good for you.  I believe it would be really difficult to have a long-term relationship with someone who can't handle knowing what you really think.

Personally, I hate when when I ask someone for their opinion, and instead of giving it to me they tell me what they think I want to hear because they don't want to hurt my feelings.  You know what hurts my feelings?  When people think I'm incapable of handling their honest opinion.

It is, PMZ, which is probably one of the (many) reasons it didn't work.

Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 10, 2011, 09:52:06 PM
Also, fuck 'em if they can't take a joke.

And if they can't take me as I am, fuck 'em sideways.  Been feeling in a very Marilyn Monroe mood, today.

Quote"I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."

Quote"I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they're right, you believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together."
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Good for you, Luna! Relationships aren't about being easy to get along with, and the person who needs that from you isn't psychologically whole themself anyway.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."