News:

PD.com: We'll make you an offer you can't understand.

Main Menu

I'm so sorry to hear about your cat's penis

Started by Cramulus, October 14, 2011, 03:05:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cramulus

My post in that thread was deleted and I got a warning from yahoo :lulz:

BadBeast

Quote from: Cramulus on October 26, 2011, 04:04:29 PM
I hope you appealed, and gave well founded reasons why your answer was not in breach of their guidelines in any way, shape or form. Then they can send you one of their hilarious automated unsuccessful appeal mails.
Like this.

Thanks for writing to Yahoo! Answers Customer Care.

Thank you for your query regarding the Question and Answer content that
was recently removed from Yahoo! Answers.

We cannot enter into personal dialogue over individual deletions,
however content is generally deleted if it is in violation of the
Answers' community guidelines.

Some of the reasons that questions and answers might be deleted include:

"    Posting Abusive Content (or links to content, including photos):
Including referencing the harming of minors, violence, racism, abuse,
threats, slander, violation of any applicable laws, profanity, vulgarity
or sexually explicit language, that glorification of self-harm, suicide,
anorexia, bulimia, commercial or advertising, rant, posting personal
ads, violating the Yahoo! Answers Community Guidelines or the Yahoo!
Terms of Service in any manner.

"    Chatting or Personal Communications
"    Point-Gaming: Posting content for the explicit purpose of gaining
points, trading points, or soliciting others for points or otherwise
"game" the Yahoo! Answers points system
"    Posting of Commercial Activity
"    Posting Repeated Postings: You may not post similar or identical
postings.

We hope to draw your attention to the product guidelines and to
cooperate with our efforts to make Yahoo! Answers a valuable knowledge
search product.

"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4

BadBeast

Or if you are very lucky, and a member of staff reads it, and sees the word "penis", you might get this one instead.

Thank you for writing to Yahoo! Answers Customer Care.

Your content was deleted for sexually explicit or offensive content.

In Yahoo! Answers you may not post, request or link to content or images
that are sexually explicit or otherwise offensive

On review of your case we have decided not to reinstate your content.

Please refer to the Answers Community Guidelines and Yahoo! Terms of
Service for further information on participating in Yahoo! Answers.

We appreciate your contribution to making Yahoo! Answers a valuable
knowledge search product.

We were very sorry to hear about your cat's penis.

Regards,

Antoine Green

Yahoo! Answers Customer Care
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cramulus on October 26, 2011, 04:04:29 PM

Mine too.  :lulz:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

BadBeast

One day, someone will actually post a useful or informative Answer there, and all their servers will collapse from the shock. Y/A is like a Pond full of Frogspawn, and Tadpoles. Except instead of Frogspawn, It's Trollspawn. And instead of Tadpoles, it's got millions of little tiny baby Trolls.

Cat's = Psychopathic Misanthropes
Men's Health = Penis talk
Relationships = Does he/she like me?
Cultures = Racism
Women's Health = Am I pragnent?
TGLB = Screeching Queens, vs Homophobes
Myths and Folklore = Am I a Vampire / Mermaid / Lycan

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: BadBeast on October 26, 2011, 06:41:35 PM
One day, someone will actually post a useful or informative Answer there, and all their servers will collapse from the shock. Y/A is like a Pond full of Frogspawn, and Tadpoles. Except instead of Frogspawn, It's Trollspawn. And instead of Tadpoles, it's got millions of little tiny baby Trolls.

Cat's = Psychopathic Misanthropes
Men's Health = Penis talk
Relationships = Does he/she like me?
Cultures = Racism
Women's Health = Am I pragnent?
TGLB = Screeching Queens, vs Homophobes
Myths and Folklore = Am I a Vampire / Mermaid / Lycan

:lulz: It truly is the worst forum for interaction ever created on the web.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

BadBeast

The setup at Y/A is engineered to minimise interaction between users, except on a strictly Question / Answer basis. They get far more revenue from the site being used as a "knowledge research product" (their words, not mine) than they would if it was a chat forum. Also, their moderation policy works along the same lines as a Secret Police force, relying on butthurt levels, and "Trusted Reporters" to have posts removed. The more times a user reports posts that are found to be in breach of guidelines, the greater their level of status as a ''Trusted Reporter" is.

So there are collectives of TR's in just about every section, who make it their business to Police their particular areas of 'expertise'. They use dummy accounts to round up known Trolls in their contact lists, and by collaborating with their TR accomplices to post Trollworthy questions as entrapment. Then when they have a contact list full of Trolls, they pick one or two of the more regular ones, and go back through their histories reporting any tiny rule infraction, going back as far as 2 years in order to ramp up the level of violations that person accrues in a short time. Then their accounts are suspended.
This leads to the person Trolling making multiple accounts in self defence, which bumps up the number of user accounts for Yahoo, making Answers a more premium and saleable product.

In accordance with the Aneristic principle, Imposition of order, leads to Escalation of Disorder. So there are some extremely dedicated and proficient groups of Trolls, chipping away at Y/A's credibility by skilfully Trolling the more lulzy sections, finding out who the Report Monkeys are, and outing them, then reporting their posts to the extent that they have to rest their accounts, and make new ones, or lose them.

It's a bit like France in WWII, with Clandestine Resistance Cells running around taking down Collaborators, and Staff overlooking the "Only one account per user" rule to enable their TR's to operate. When you appeal successfully against a violation, the Karma of the person who reported you goes down, until they no longer enjoy "Trusted" status, resulting in their reports losing influence with the Staff.
Very clever on Yahoo's part, because it ensures the number of user accounts is always rising. When you lose an account, it only ever gets suspended. Posts remain up and showing in search engines, so each suspended account is still an asset to Yahoo. Divide and conquer.

Eventually, you just get so pissed off with it, you go and Troll another site instead. Even so, your dozens, or even hundreds of Y/A accounts left suspended and inaccessible to you, are making money for Yahoo.     

BadBeast

Sir Squid Diddimus

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Sir Squid Diddimus

navkat

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: navkat on November 05, 2011, 09:14:31 PM
Is that Trent Reznor?

Yes. My friend Trent Reznor. I will let him know that you recognized him, he'll be so pleased.

Placid Dingo

Quote from: Nigel on November 06, 2011, 12:43:24 AM
Quote from: navkat on November 05, 2011, 09:14:31 PM
Is that Trent Reznor?

Yes. My friend Trent Reznor. I will let him know that you recognized him, he'll be so pleased.

Is the cat in the picture the one that kept growing it's claws? Like it had REALLY long nails?
Haven't paid rent since 2014 with ONE WEIRD TRICK.