Main Menu

The Tea Party LOVES America...

Started by Luna, October 19, 2011, 03:59:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Triple Zero

Quote from: BabylonHoruv on October 31, 2011, 10:44:54 PM
Quote from: Disco Pickle on October 21, 2011, 04:14:14 AM
Quote from: Luna on October 21, 2011, 03:50:22 AM
Well, gee, Pickle, you're right.  When you lose thy job, you can just walk in, and tell thy boss, "But I have two kids, you CAN'T fire me!" and he has to let you stay, right?

Jesus fucking Christ, if you're going to be an asshole, at least attempt to not be a STUPID asshole, would ya?

I was talking about the origins of people who would do that, outside of having any skill set that would help them support a family of four.

I was a child of a family of four that couldn't support themselves, BTW.  There were "Other Circumstances" that prevented them from doing that successfully, but we can pass them over for the sake of conversation even though they are completely relevant.

The root of my question is why a person not entirely secure (or at the least, reasonably secure) in their profession would CHOOSE to have children?  Especially two?  

Yes, layoffs happen.  Yes economic conditions in a particular region can mean you can't readily find a job in thy field.

What exactly is the issue you have with my post?  That DITK family providers can get fired and not be able to find new work in their field?

So which of thy siblings did not survive?

IT'S A TRAP
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.