News:

PD.com: "the lot of you are some of the most vicious, name calling, vile examples of humanity I've had the misfortune of attempting to communicate with.  Even attempting to mimic the general mood of the place toward people who think differently leaves a slimy feel on my skin.  Reptilian, even."

Main Menu

The Tea Party LOVES America...

Started by Luna, October 19, 2011, 03:59:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on October 21, 2011, 09:12:14 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Just-world_hypothesis

QuoteThe just-world hypothesis (also called the just-world theory, just-world fallacy, just-world effect, or just-world phenomenon) refers to the tendency for people to want to believe that the world is fundamentally just. As a result, when they witness an otherwise inexplicable injustice they rationalize it by searching for things that the victim might have done to deserve it. This deflects their anxiety, and lets them continue to believe the world is a just place, but often at the expense of blaming victims for things that were not, objectively, their fault.

Another theory entails the need to protect one's own sense of invulnerability. This inspires people to believe that rape, for example, only happens to those who deserve or provoke the assault. This is a way of feeling safer. If the potential victim avoids the behaviors of the past victims then they themselves will remain safe and feel less vulnerable.

Yep, exactly.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Triple Zero

Quote from: Disco Pickle on October 21, 2011, 04:49:17 AM

Woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof?

WOOF WOOF

Woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof.

Woof woof woof woof WOOF woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof.

WOOF.  

Woof woof woof.

Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Phox

Oh there is SO much in this thread.... Nigel is beautiful in her eloquence, and being a child of a household with a somewhat similar situation to what she describes, I am fully aware of what she means, and I have neither the patience nor the ability to articulate the experience as well as she has here. And perhaps that's a failing I should address.

You see, I am harsh with Pickles because it's partially frustration with things in life, frustration with myself oveer my inability to properly express myself, and partially frustration with his seeming inability to actually follow through when he says "Oh, okay, I've learned from this." or "Oh, I'm going to read up on this and get back to you." That and the fact that posts like what he has made here are essentially telling me that it'd be better if I'd died in infancy. Or if my sister's kids died.

My brother in law was a cross-country trucker. He made pretty good money. Then his first daughter was born. So he took a bit of a pay cut by accepting a regular route between St. Louis and Paducah, so he could be at home with his daughter on the weekends. Then he took another paycut. And another. And then they laid him off, because the plant that he hauled to got shut down (I believe, could be wrong). So then he got a job delivering Coke products around the area. The upside, he's home every night, albeit late some nights. The downside massive reduction of benefits, and pay of less than a third of what he made when he was driving cross-country. And they had two kids, btw, who were not planned, after he got laid off.  My sister has not been able to secure employment, because she is unskilled, and dropped out of college, because when they got married, her husband was making enough money for the two of them to live comfortably. They were renting-to-own a decent house (as houses go around here), and all in all, she didn't need a job. In fact, my brother-in-law was preparing a nest egg to buy his own truck and go into business for himself. That was in 2006. In 2009, when they were not so well off, she was looking for a job, she got pregnant and couldn't continue. Not that it particularly mattered, because she had absolutely zero luck finding anything she could resonably attain.

So, yeah... I tend to think Pickles has nothing positive to say about people in this situation, that he thinks it is somehow magically able to be resolved if the parents believe in fairies and vote for Ron Paul, and that no one worth considering is ever in this situation, and that children should starve a little so they try harder than their parents. And no matter how many hours you spend at work a week, you should totally have time to spend 6 hours a night helping your kids with their schoolwork, even if you have to pull a 16-hour shift driving a large truck, and if you are so fucking tired in the morning that you wreck your truck and lose your job, then, well it's your own goddamn fault for not being able to function with maybe an hour of sleep and even less time to eat.

So, Pickles, I guess what I am goign to say to you is this. You, sir, are the absolute worst example of a human being I have ever met. You are not a person. You do not deserve the rights you so cherish. You do not even deserve this essay I wrote, but I didn't write it for you, anyway. You deserve to be starving in the street. You deserve to be struggling for your life. Because you did not learn a goddamn thing from your experiences. You are the worst kind of egotist, and I really, truly hope that a catastrophe befalls you and you lose your livelihood. Have a pleasant weekend, Pickles. I hope it's your last pleasant one for many years to come.

Don Coyote

Aucoq

Quote from: Doktor Phox on October 21, 2011, 10:55:48 PM
And no matter how many hours you spend at work a week, you should totally have time to spend 6 hours a night helping your kids with their schoolwork, even if you have to pull a 16-hour shift driving a large truck, and if you are so fucking tired in the morning that you wreck your truck and lose your job, then, well it's your own goddamn fault for not being able to function with maybe an hour of sleep and even less time to eat.

The American Dream: If you can't sleep/eat/shower in less than two hours you deserve to be poor.  :horrormirth:
"All of the world's leading theologists agree only on the notion that God hates no-fault insurance."

Horrid and Sticky Llama Wrangler of Last Week's Forbidden Desire.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Aucoq on October 22, 2011, 01:22:13 AM
Quote from: Doktor Phox on October 21, 2011, 10:55:48 PM
And no matter how many hours you spend at work a week, you should totally have time to spend 6 hours a night helping your kids with their schoolwork, even if you have to pull a 16-hour shift driving a large truck, and if you are so fucking tired in the morning that you wreck your truck and lose your job, then, well it's your own goddamn fault for not being able to function with maybe an hour of sleep and even less time to eat.

The American Dream: If you can't sleep/eat/shower in less than two hours you deserve to be poor.  :horrormirth:

If you have to work that hard, it's because you made the wrong choices. For instance, if I had made the choice to go into PHP scripting instead of lampworking... well, actually, going back a few decades, if I had made the choice to be mildly autistic so that I found PHP scripting fascinating... then I wouldn't be poor now.

It's all a matter of choices!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Laughin Jude

Pfft, it's not my fault you chose not to be born to wealthy parents.
Laughin Jude.com - Philosophy, snark, weird stories and bad art

The Plain and Honest Truth - A semi-Discordian serial novel about 9/11, the Iraq War, aliens, the origins of Western religion and an evil sock puppet from another dimension

Freeky

QuoteYou know what, if you're too tired to teach your children how to do things better than you did?

FUCK YOU

Your family and your children will get everything that's coming to them.

You know, I actually thought Roger was paraphrasing when he told me DiPshit said this, so it comes as a bit of a shock to see it word for word plastered on my screen.  I don't know WHY I'm shocked, but Christ Allmighty. 

Placid Dingo

Quote from: Nigel on October 21, 2011, 09:43:26 PM
Quote from: Cain on October 21, 2011, 09:12:14 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Just-world_hypothesis

QuoteThe just-world hypothesis (also called the just-world theory, just-world fallacy, just-world effect, or just-world phenomenon) refers to the tendency for people to want to believe that the world is fundamentally just. As a result, when they witness an otherwise inexplicable injustice they rationalize it by searching for things that the victim might have done to deserve it. This deflects their anxiety, and lets them continue to believe the world is a just place, but often at the expense of blaming victims for things that were not, objectively, their fault.

Another theory entails the need to protect one's own sense of invulnerability. This inspires people to believe that rape, for example, only happens to those who deserve or provoke the assault. This is a way of feeling safer. If the potential victim avoids the behaviors of the past victims then they themselves will remain safe and feel less vulnerable.

Yep, exactly.

Are you suggesting Pangloss deceived me cruelly?
Haven't paid rent since 2014 with ONE WEIRD TRICK.

Cain

Absolutely.  Pangloss is a douche.  If Pangloss claimed the sky was blue, I'd seek independent verification.

Of course, Pangloss' polar opposites are also wrong.  As one would naturally expect, since reversed stupidity is not intelligence.

Cramulus

from http://www.teapartynation.com/forum/topic/show?id=3355873%3ATopic%3A1576865&xgs=1&xg_source=msg_share_topic

We know two things about liberals.  First, they rarely have the courage to do anything under their own names and second, they usually lie.

The left is working overtime to try and spin Melissa Brookstone's blog into something that it was not.   

Of course with liberals, you are not allowed to disagree with them.  If you disagree with liberal Orthodoxy, you must be destroyed.   Liberals always tell conservatives that we must be tolerant of their beliefs, yet what happens when a conservative expresses an opinion?

In this case, a liberal has tried to destroy Melissa's livelihood.

An anonymous liberal sent the following email to a professional group that Melissa is a part of.

Date sent:    Sat, 22 Oct 2011 10:30:02 -0500

Subject:    NAPPS Member's Call for Actions Intended to Harm America

To:    administrator@napps.org

Copies to:    melissa@coloradoprocessservers.net, openforum@denverpost.comnewsroom@denverpost.com

Mr. Crowe, I feel it is my duty as an American to bring to your attention that a member of your association has advocated actions intended to harm the United States economy and cause financial distress to American citizens.  The manifesto promoted by Melissa Brookstone of Colorado Process Servers is an affront to all Americans.  You can see the case against Ms. Brookstone here,  as well as a link to a petition that seeks to hold her accountable.  Many have called for people to let other concerns Ms. Brookstone deals with professionally know about her irresponsible and dangerous manifesto, including court officers and law firms in the Denver area, and I would urge you and your membership to disavow this type of activity from one of your members. -- Don't Tea On Me

Wow. Isn't that brave.  Anonymously send an email to try and destroy someone's ability to make a living.

Of course, this liberal was either not bright enough to read the article or is deliberately misrepresenting it.  In the article, Melissa laid out her complaints and said, "I, an American small business owner, part of the class that produces the vast majority of real, wealth producing jobs in this country, hereby resolve that I will not hire a single person until this war against business and my country is stopped. I hereby declare that my job creation potential is now ceased. "I'm on strike!"

I know liberals are not the brightest people in the world, but "I" is the first person singular.  In this case, it denotes an action SHE is taking.  Nowhere in her blog does Melissa say anyone else should do this.  She simply says she is doing it.

Speaking of lying and people who cannot figure out the plain meaning of the English language, reporter Chase Cain in Tampa got into the act too, filing a report on WTSP TV, claiming that Tea Party Nation was calling for employers to stop hiring.  Chase Cain is a liberal reporter.  You can tell his point of view from his twitter feed.

He is also not very bright.  He attributes the comments made by Melissa Brookstone to me.   Chase, here is a hint.  When you look at a blog and see "Added by" that tells you who the author is.

In his story, he claimed he tried to reach Tea Party Nation for a comment.

He is a liar.

I have a nice computerized phone system that records incoming calls.  If I miss a call at my office, the voicemail is emailed to me.   I have a cell phone and I have multiple email accounts.  CNN had no trouble reaching me this afternoon for my comment on this story and as soon as they realized what the story really was, they decided they were not running anything on this subject.  The media has no trouble reaching me. I am not unavailable.

The truth is, Chase Cain never reached out to Tea Party Nation for a comment.  He did not want one.  All he wanted was a hit piece and a comment from us did not fit with his agenda.

If you are as disgusted as I am with a reporter who simply lies, then let WTSP know about it.  WTSP's number is (727) 577-1010.  Chase Cain's twitter feed is @chase_cain.  WTSP's twitter feed is @WTSP10News, if you want to let them know what you think.

Cainad (dec.)

"People in general should just act rationally if left to their own devices!"

"What? No, I don't want to support a system that educates people with my tax dollars! FUCK OFF!"

Notice a contradiction?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cainad on October 26, 2011, 01:29:35 AM
"People in general should just act rationally if left to their own devices!"

"What? No, I don't want to support a system that educates people with my tax dollars! FUCK OFF!"

Notice a contradiction?

:lulz:

Typical of people who believe that success can happen in a vaccuum.

BabylonHoruv

Quote from: Triple Zero on October 20, 2011, 06:56:27 PM
Quote from: Nigel on October 19, 2011, 10:29:19 PMYes; we need a progressive tax so that we are taxing excess income most heavily, and not taxing survival income at all.

That makes a lot of sense. So no taxes up to, say, $20k or something?

sales tax would also need to be eliminated, at least on those things deemed necessary for survival.
You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl

BabylonHoruv

Quote from: Disco Pickle on October 21, 2011, 04:14:14 AM
Quote from: Luna on October 21, 2011, 03:50:22 AM
Well, gee, Pickle, you're right.  When you lose thy job, you can just walk in, and tell thy boss, "But I have two kids, you CAN'T fire me!" and he has to let you stay, right?

Jesus fucking Christ, if you're going to be an asshole, at least attempt to not be a STUPID asshole, would ya?

I was talking about the origins of people who would do that, outside of having any skill set that would help them support a family of four.

I was a child of a family of four that couldn't support themselves, BTW.  There were "Other Circumstances" that prevented them from doing that successfully, but we can pass them over for the sake of conversation even though they are completely relevant.

The root of my question is why a person not entirely secure (or at the least, reasonably secure) in their profession would CHOOSE to have children?  Especially two?  

Yes, layoffs happen.  Yes economic conditions in a particular region can mean you can't readily find a job in thy field.

What exactly is the issue you have with my post?  That DITK family providers can get fired and not be able to find new work in their field?

So which of your siblings did not survive?
You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl