News:

PD's body has a way of shutting pro-lifer's down.

Main Menu

Measles Outbreak.

Started by Prince Glittersnatch III, October 24, 2011, 11:36:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 25, 2011, 11:25:24 PM
Quote from: Suu on October 25, 2011, 11:18:37 PM
I thought that they ended up finding no connection to the MMR and autism? Apparently I gave the American public too much credit when it comes to reading.

Actually, what they found out was that Wakefield faked his data in the first place.

You wanna see what's awesome? His fanatical supporters absolutely refuse to believe he's been discredited: http://gaia-health.com/gaia-blog/2011-10-10/andrew-wakefield-speaks-to-private-us-physicians-on-the-smear-campaign-against-him/
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel on October 25, 2011, 11:37:55 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 25, 2011, 11:25:24 PM
Quote from: Suu on October 25, 2011, 11:18:37 PM
I thought that they ended up finding no connection to the MMR and autism? Apparently I gave the American public too much credit when it comes to reading.

Actually, what they found out was that Wakefield faked his data in the first place.

You wanna see what's awesome? His fanatical supporters absolutely refuse to believe he's been discredited: http://gaia-health.com/gaia-blog/2011-10-10/andrew-wakefield-speaks-to-private-us-physicians-on-the-smear-campaign-against-him/

Of course.  They have to blame their childrens' conditions on SOMETHING, right?

The smear campaign against him.   :lulz:

I FAKED MY DATA BUT IT DOESN'T MAKE IT NOT TRUE!
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Suu

Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Doktor Phox on October 25, 2011, 10:28:40 PM
Quote from: Nph. Twid. on October 25, 2011, 06:26:02 PM
Quote from: Cain on October 25, 2011, 03:18:34 PM
Quote from: 'Kai' ZLB, M.S. on October 25, 2011, 01:25:26 AM
What's the anti-vaccer reaction to this? Do they ignore it, pretending like it didn't happen? Do they say it's god's will? Do they write it off as being an acceptable risk for saving their children from a significantly lower risk?

Not that any of these are good reasons. I just want to know what form of idiocy is driving car.

"The fact remains, my child getting measles is better than them getting autism, or dying due to some NWO engineered virus designed to kill us all off."

That's it. I'm siding with the NWO right now just to get rid of stupid fucks like this. Maybe I'll become a high ranking officer in the Antichrist's personal guard. Break out the FEMA coffins and open up the Satanic death camps!
I'm with you. Let the cleansing begin.

Goddamn it, this is just fucking nauseating....

Isn't it though? Fucking hell.

My grandma contracted polio the same year Salk came up with the vaccine for it.

Do you see people any worse for not having contracted polio? I rather like being able to walk.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

The Rev

Jesus fucking christ.  I had measles and mumps as a kid. It meant two weeks off school each time. BFD.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Charley Brown on October 27, 2011, 02:25:37 AM
Jesus fucking christ.  I had measles and mumps as a kid. It meant two weeks off school each time. BFD.

BFD for you, sure.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1712354/

QuoteMeasles has caused millions of deaths since its emergence thousands of years ago, probably as a zoonosis [1]. Deaths from measles are due largely to an increased susceptibility to secondary bacterial and viral infections. This period of increased susceptibility lasts for several weeks to months after the onset of rash [2] and is attributed to a prolonged state of immune suppression. Most deaths associated with measles are due to pneumonia [3]. Although the global mortality from measles is falling [4], a new study in PLoS Medicine found that children in Nigeria, Niger, and Chad still recently faced unacceptably high mortality from measles [5], a largely preventable disease.

I guess the kids that die of it don't really count.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Rev

Quote from: Nigel on October 27, 2011, 03:28:30 AM

BFD for you, sure.

QuoteMeasles has caused millions of deaths since its emergence thousands of years ago, probably as a zoonosis [1]. Deaths from measles are due largely to an increased susceptibility to secondary bacterial and viral infections. This period of increased susceptibility lasts for several weeks to months after the onset of rash [2] and is attributed to a prolonged state of immune suppression. Most deaths associated with measles are due to pneumonia [3]. Although the global mortality from measles is falling [4], a new study in PLoS Medicine found that children in Nigeria, Niger, and Chad still recently faced unacceptably high mortality from measles [5], a largely preventable disease.

8 billion people the planet, untold abortions daily, untold starvation deaths every year, 241 measles deaths every year. Nah, not such a big deal at all.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Charley Brown on October 27, 2011, 03:34:33 AM

BFD for you, sure.

8 billion people the planet, untold abortions daily, untold starvation deaths every year, 241 measles deaths every year. Nah, not such a big deal at all.

How many deaths annually pre-vaccination?

I don't give a fuck about abortion, that's just a clump of cell tissue IMO. It's not a person.

The starvation is utterly unacceptable, and so is death from preventable disease like measles.

The Rev

Quote from: Nigel on October 27, 2011, 03:36:48 AM

BFD for you, sure.

I don't give a fuck about abortion, that's just a clump of cell tissue IMO. It's not a person.

The starvation is utterly unacceptable, and so is death from preventable disease like measles.

Nigeria, Niger and Chad have a very high annual rate of infant and child deaths. Measles is not the issue here.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Charley Brown on October 27, 2011, 03:39:39 AM

BFD for you, sure.

Nigeria, Niger and Chad have a very high annual rate of infant and child deaths. Measles is not the issue here.

It's certainly not the biggest issue, no. There is a lot of terrible shit going down there. But nonetheless, needless preventable deaths/lifelong complications are still a big deal IMO... and we were talking about vaccination and measles outbreaks in the US. 

The Rev

Quote from: Nigel on October 27, 2011, 03:51:22 AM
Quote from: Charley Brown on October 27, 2011, 03:39:39 AM

BFD for you, sure.

It's certainly not the biggest issue, no. There is a lot of terrible shit going down there. But nonetheless, needless preventable deaths/lifelong complications are still a big deal IMO... and we were talking about vaccination and measles outbreaks in the US. 

Then let's discuss inbreeding, malnutrition and drug use. Let us talk about equality of education and opportunity. Hell, we can even discuss availability of health care.

Freeky

Any kind of preventable death is bad and stupid.  The PROBLEM, the real problem here, is that people are actively against a prevention of a stupid, bad death.

Or even a bunch of them. 

The Rev

You are still only addressing symptoms of a greater problem and not the solution.

Freeky

The Rev