News:

i mean, pardon my english but this, the life i'm living is ww1 trench warfare.

Main Menu

Real men masturbate on a weekly basis

Started by ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞, October 26, 2011, 10:15:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kai

Oh, and the insistence that gays not be allowed in the military........

Because sexual abstinence in men over long periods allows greater exercise of aggression? Thats an interesting idea.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Cain

It's commonly used in the sporting world as well.  Many teams have a "no sex" rule that comes into effect a few nights before a match.

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Cramulus on October 27, 2011, 03:17:46 AM
CB-6000: FOR ULTIMATE MANLINESS

I looked this up...   :horrormirth:
Not my kind of product personally, but if it sells it sells.

Quote from: Cain on October 27, 2011, 05:17:43 PM
It's commonly used in the sporting world as well.  Many teams have a "no sex" rule that comes into effect a few nights before a match.

Quote from: Nph. Twid. on October 27, 2011, 02:27:45 PM
Quote from: Net on October 27, 2011, 07:22:11 AM
Bunch of man-hating, ITT.

But seriously, I'm not sure what to make of that research. It's interesting, however I'm definitely not going to limit my sexual activity to such prolonged intervals.

I've done that before as an experiment in self-control and I just felt strange, and everything had a heightened sexual atmosphere. Yeah, it was kind of creepy.

Yeah, I've found that a couple days of total abstinence leads to weird dreams and a vague, locationless physical discomfort.

It's also common as a part of mystical initiation ritual.  I don't know why exactly, but it's one of the "Strange Attractors" explained in Chaoz Majnicks.  A strange attractor is a common thread that shows up in diverse forms of practice.  It can be things like blessed (or cursed) water, ritual stances, things consumed or abstained from, or whatever. 

What interested me when I started readin' up on the crazy was that this common theme shows in both sacred and profane texts with an important difference in mentality. 

For instance, The Sacred Magic of Abramelin the Mage is a work intended to set one into contact with a Holy Guardian AngelTM that then gives you a bunch of info and spiritual rights needed to gain magical super powers(I know, I know  :x).  It requires of the practitioner a LOT of abstinence from sex and certain foods, daily ritual prayer and meditation on the divine, and other things.  The abstinence is supposed to be total, but there is leeway for getting with the wifey if you absolutely must for her sake.  Then you get right back to the abstaining.  It is both a form of spiritual charge up before a major evocation ceremony and a means to clear the mind of "profane" thought forms. 
I also hear that Crowley fucked this ritual up back when he was with the Golden Dawn, big surprise there.

The contrast and link can be found in the $9.95 book of doom, a paperback version of the old Sumerian invocations that calls it's self "Necronomicon" and was once available at almost any Wal-Mart.  The initiation listed in the book is incomplete and according to the preface authors intentionally distorted.  Whatever.  The important part I'm referring to is a statement that you can worship in the temple of Ishtar during the initiation, but you may not spill thy seed.  That's right, you can get with the temple girls but not to completion.  Repeat this enough times and your state would be pretty close to slathering madman in a month or so.  Just the thing for when you want to give Pazuzu a jingle.

Since you folks don't really know me yet it's important to note that I consider myself no kind of majizzle practitioner.  I do find it fascinating.  I'm pretty sure there's some biological basis for this craziness, and the OP seems like it may point to a real, measurable difference.  I do know for a fact that the abstinence (or just regular fasting) can alter a person's force of will to a certain degree causing a person to act and react in ways that would be perhaps less likely if satiated, but it's not a ride for the faint of heart.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl