News:

If you can't abuse it, it's not power.

Main Menu

ATTN Nigel

Started by Cain, October 27, 2011, 12:53:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suu

I believe in ghosts, or at the very least negative/positive energy influences. My house right now is FULL of negativity, and because I feel uncomfortable, I see/hear shit. I'm smudging the fuck out of this place when I clean tomorrow so nothing follows me.

But as far as hauntings go, I'm pretty sure that the house I lived in when I first moved to Providence with Herbert was haunted. Toooo many creepy things happened there. Like the bed depressing next to me with no one home.

This is also New England, and there's not much room for skeptics up here. "The mall is haunted!" "The school is haunted!" "The parking lot that used to be a gas station before it was Dunkin Donuts that was torn down 20 years ago is haunted because before the gas station some guy had a house and he drowned in the bathtub!"

Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Anna Mae Bollocks

Do you mean those digital recorders, Nigel? You can get all kinds of weird shit on digital, I've had things that sounded like footsteps, typewriters clacking, people swearing. I was sitting right there recording and didn't hear anything but it all came up on the recorder. I'd hesitate to call it ghosts, it could just be some defect in digital that makes weird noises and my brain interprets it as this or that. I know one time I was doing this and the dogs started barking, when I played it back I could hear some guy going "MOTHERFUCKER! MOTHERFUCKER!" every time the dogs barked.  :lulz:
Digital cameras are the same way, that's where people always get the weird effects.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Jean-Lustine d'Hadamard

"But one intelligence source we know suggests that an injection of a tiny amount of pure nicotine in the anus has the result of killing someone without leaving a mark. We're still trying to get to the bottom of this." --- Robert Eringer, On Marilyn, the Illuminati, and the Father of Our Country, The Investigator, 14 February 2009

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Anna Mae Bollocks on October 29, 2011, 04:32:39 PM
Do you mean those digital recorders, Nigel? You can get all kinds of weird shit on digital, I've had things that sounded like footsteps, typewriters clacking, people swearing. I was sitting right there recording and didn't hear anything but it all came up on the recorder. I'd hesitate to call it ghosts, it could just be some defect in digital that makes weird noises and my brain interprets it as this or that. I know one time I was doing this and the dogs started barking, when I played it back I could hear some guy going "MOTHERFUCKER! MOTHERFUCKER!" every time the dogs barked.  :lulz:
Digital cameras are the same way, that's where people always get the weird effects.

I was thinking more like a tape recorder... I haven't bought a recording device since I was in college 20 years ago, to tell the truth.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Triple Zero

don;'t you have a phone with a memo recorder or video recorder function?

[of course then the iffy part is getting the recorded file to a computer, which can be difficult on older models]
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Radioshack still has both cassette and digital http://www.radioshack.com/family/index.jsp?s=A-StorePrice-RSK&categoryId=4018812&camp=PPC%3AGoogle%3AHome&Office%3ABroad=&pg=1&searchSort=TRUE&retainProdsInSession=1

If you can find a store that doesn't get much business they probably have a lot of stuff like this on clearance.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Triple Zero on October 29, 2011, 04:40:05 PM
don;'t you have a phone with a memo recorder or video recorder function?

[of course then the iffy part is getting the recorded file to a computer, which can be difficult on older models]

Yeah, I have an iPhone. So if I am downstairs I can totally hit the button. I was thinking more along the lines of leaving a recorder on when I went to bed though.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Anna Mae Bollocks on October 29, 2011, 04:54:45 PM
Radioshack still has both cassette and digital http://www.radioshack.com/family/index.jsp?s=A-StorePrice-RSK&categoryId=4018812&camp=PPC%3AGoogle%3AHome&Office%3ABroad=&pg=1&searchSort=TRUE&retainProdsInSession=1

If you can find a store that doesn't get much business they probably have a lot of stuff like this on clearance.

There's a Radio Shack near me... I wish I wasn't so broke! I'd really like to get something along the lines of the recorder I had when I was in college.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Call 'em up and ask 'em if they have any of that stuff on clearance. I've seen recorders marked down as low as five bucks.
They used to be able to check inventory for the whole district and if something you wanted was at another store, they'd have it sent over. Might still do that...

Cain

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on October 31, 2011, 11:02:19 AM
So, what happened?

Nothing whatsoever, as far as I can remember. Not even a goddamn thing. I remember waking up at one point thinking that my housemate had come home, but that was it.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

My son crashed out on the couch, and he doesn't remember hearing anything either.

Triple Zero

Quote from: Nigel on October 31, 2011, 12:22:11 PM
Quote from: Cain on October 31, 2011, 11:02:19 AM
So, what happened?

Nothing whatsoever, as far as I can remember. Not even a goddamn thing. I remember waking up at one point thinking that my housemate had come home, but that was it.

I just remembered I dreamed about this and you (or your house) (which I don't know) and something happening.

Except the ghost had a garden hose.

I'm not sure if I dreamt it on the correct night, but for the sake of paranormal research, I'm assuming I did.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

A ghost with a garden hose! EFO and I were just talking about a photo shoot with a guy in a plastic fireman hat sitting on a tricycle holding a garden hose.