News:

That line from the father's song in Mary Poppins, where he's going on about how nothing can go wrong, in Britain in 1910.  That's about the point I realized the boy was gonna die in a trench.

Main Menu

Official: FBI have too much time on their hands.

Started by Mangrove, November 02, 2011, 10:00:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trix

Quote from: Fuck You One-Eye on November 03, 2011, 11:55:32 AM
PLEASE, TRIX, TEACH ME HOW TO PROPERLY UNDERSTAND THE FUNNY.

You need to have my particular brand of brain damage.

Every now and then I wake up the next morning and realize I was a tool.  I shake my head and bump ICP songs until the feeling goes away.
There's good news tonight.  And bad news.  First, the bad news: there is no good news.  Now, the good news: you don't have to listen to the bad news.
Zen Without Zen Masters

Quote from: Cain
Gender is a social construct.  As society, we get to choose your gender.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel on November 02, 2011, 11:56:55 PM
Quote from: trix on November 02, 2011, 11:47:50 PM
Quote from: Fuck You One-Eye on November 02, 2011, 11:14:02 PM
Quote from: trix on November 02, 2011, 10:35:34 PM
And Juggalos include many "modern hippies" as well.  Headbangers include many hippies as well.  Some headbangers listen to the 'Dead as well.  Some Juggalos do too.  Many Juggalos listen to Headbanger music.  Blah blah blah.

Perhaps you should have gone with the temptation.

Your unfunny pedantry is showing. Perhaps you should try getting it caught in your zipper.

Your "missing the point entirely" is showing.  The post was satire on the Juggalos being as much of a 'gang' as deadheads or headbangers.  Who's being pedantic again?  Yeah.

YES, IT IS TOTALLY EVERYONE ELSE AND NOT EVER YOU AT ALL. ALSO I AM ONLY POSTING THIS BECAUSE I AM ONE OF ROGER'S FANS.

You know, maybe it's just because the no sleep thing has started again, but I'm getting less and less tolerant of that sort of shit (not you, the random assholes who claim that my friends are actually just rabid fanboys who do anything I say, yada yada, like I'm Jim fucking Jones or some shit).

It's stopped even being amusing.  It's flat out boring.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

trix

but Roger, I had to WIN!  And I had to do it in a way that convinces people (read: myself) that SHE is the one trying to win!

Because I like waking up the next morning, re-reading the thread, and feeling like a tool.  It gives me a THRILL.
There's good news tonight.  And bad news.  First, the bad news: there is no good news.  Now, the good news: you don't have to listen to the bad news.
Zen Without Zen Masters

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: trix on November 03, 2011, 02:29:14 PM
but Roger, I had to WIN!  And I had to do it in a way that convinces people (read: myself) that SHE is the one trying to win!

Because I like waking up the next morning, re-reading the thread, and feeling like a tool.  It gives me a THRILL.

That much has become painfully obvious.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 03, 2011, 02:23:08 PM
And Juggalos include many "modern hippies" as well.  Headbangers include many hippies as well.  Some headbangers listen to the 'Dead as well.  Some Juggalos do too.  Many Juggalos listen to Headbanger music.  Blah blah blah.

Your unfunny pedantry is showing. Perhaps you should try getting it caught in your zipper.

Your "missing the point entirely" is showing.  The post was satire on the Juggalos being as much of a 'gang' as deadheads or headbangers.  Who's being pedantic again?  Yeah.

YES, IT IS TOTALLY EVERYONE ELSE AND NOT EVER YOU AT ALL. ALSO I AM ONLY POSTING THIS BECAUSE I AM ONE OF ROGER'S FANS.

You know, maybe it's just because the no sleep thing has started again, but I'm getting less and less tolerant of that sort of shit (not you, the random assholes who claim that my friends are actually just rabid fanboys who do anything I say, yada yada, like I'm Jim fucking Jones or some shit).

I find it particularly distasteful because it seems like a deliberate attempt to dehumanize everyone involved. Like, oh, Roger can't have any actual friends because he's not a real person, so that means that all these people who are acting like his friends must really be brainwashed sycophants.

Just wow.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel on November 03, 2011, 08:30:07 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 03, 2011, 02:23:08 PM

I find it particularly distasteful because it seems like a deliberate attempt to dehumanize everyone involved. Like, oh, Roger can't have any actual friends because he's not a real person, so that means that all these people who are acting like his friends must really be brainwashed sycophants.

Just wow.

It's a logical fallacy, no different than an ad hominem fallacy.

If nobody agrees with Joe, Joe is wrong.

If everyone agrees with Joe, it's because Joe is making them do it.  Joe is wrong.

Freeky

Who is even this trix douche anyway?  Why is anyone responding to it? :?

With regard to the OP, I can believe it.  My friend Torch tried to get a job at the local prison, but she got turned down because she's in a gang, which is evidenced because she has a Hatchet Man tattoo.  They for real said that.

East Coast Hustle

They might have said that to her because they didn't want to just say "HAHAHAHAHA...yeah, we don't hire Juggalos." :lulz:
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

trix

Quote from: Science me, babby on November 03, 2011, 10:57:48 PM
Who is even this trix douche anyway?  Why is anyone responding to it? :?
Apparently certain people cannot resist.

Quote from: Science me, babby on November 03, 2011, 10:57:48 PM
With regard to the OP, I can believe it.  My friend Torch tried to get a job at the local prison, but she got turned down because she's in a gang, which is evidenced because she has a Hatchet Man tattoo.  They for real said that.
:horrormirth:
That is surprising.  I didn't think most people would take this seriously.  Even federal employees not of the FBI.
I guess TFY,S is overrated.
Zen Without Zen Masters

East Coast Hustle

Again, the fact that nobody wants to hire a Juggalo doesn't mean they're taking the FBI seriously. I'm guessing the FBI isn't even taking this seriously. I'm guessing someone in the FBI was convinced to do the rest of the world a favor and give them a legal excuse to tell Juggalos to fuck off without having to worry about some ridiculous discrimination lawsuit.

You know, if there's ever a day when a Juggalo could afford a lawyer.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

trix

Quote from: Fuck You One-Eye on November 03, 2011, 11:30:06 PM
Again, the fact that nobody wants to hire a Juggalo doesn't mean they're taking the FBI seriously. I'm guessing the FBI isn't even taking this seriously. I'm guessing someone in the FBI was convinced to do the rest of the world a favor and give them a legal excuse to tell Juggalos to fuck off without having to worry about some ridiculous discrimination lawsuit.

:lulz: :lulz:
Zen Without Zen Masters

maphdet

Quote from: Fuck You One-Eye on November 03, 2011, 11:30:06 PM

That-Or could be too that someone at the FBI had to come up with an 'assignment' or lose the raise they were up for.

Because-fucking-Really, are these people actually causing harm or whatnot to anyone?
* rolls eyes*

Why would the FBI really need to waste their time on shit like this?
arrrggghhh.

-maph
doesn't get it, yet again.
I wish I was in Tijuana
Eating barbequed iguana-

Phox

To be perfectly fair, in my area there have been problems with Juggalo-themed gangs. Minor problems, mind you, that certainly wouldn't warrant FBI attention, but still...

East Coast Hustle

I mean, I fully support the right of Juggalos to look like idiots, say dumb catch phrases, and have awful taste in, well, everything, but...cats gotta realize that running around in clown makeup yelling "WHOOP WHOOP" is not likely to endear them to mainstream society and they should be prepared to deal with the consequences of their choices without whining about it.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Fuck You One-Eye on November 04, 2011, 01:39:17 AM
I mean, I fully support the right of Juggalos to look like idiots, say dumb catch phrases, and have awful taste in, well, everything, but...cats gotta realize that running around in clown makeup yelling "WHOOP WHOOP" is not likely to endear them to mainstream society and they should be prepared to deal with the consequences of their choices without whining about it.

Yes, but the problem with Juggalos realizing anything at all is that they're IDIOTS.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."