News:

PD.com: "the lot of you are some of the most vicious, name calling, vile examples of humanity I've had the misfortune of attempting to communicate with.  Even attempting to mimic the general mood of the place toward people who think differently leaves a slimy feel on my skin.  Reptilian, even."

Main Menu

Official: FBI have too much time on their hands.

Started by Mangrove, November 02, 2011, 10:00:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Freeky

Quote from: Fuck You One-Eye on November 04, 2011, 01:39:17 AM
I mean, I fully support the right of Juggalos to look like idiots, say dumb catch phrases, and have awful taste in, well, everything, but...cats gotta realize that running around in clown makeup yelling "WHOOP WHOOP" is not likely to endear them to mainstream society and they should be prepared to deal with the consequences of their choices without whining about it.

:lulz: 

Freeky

Quote from: Nigel on November 04, 2011, 02:43:51 AM
I mean, I fully support the right of Juggalos to look like idiots, say dumb catch phrases, and have awful taste in, well, everything, but...cats gotta realize that running around in clown makeup yelling "WHOOP WHOOP" is not likely to endear them to mainstream society and they should be prepared to deal with the consequences of their choices without whining about it.

Yes, but the problem with Juggalos realizing anything at all is that they're IDIOTS.

:lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz:

trix

You speak truth here.

Part of the problem is that at some point, Juggalo became popular enough to convert a million hipsters.  Not that there weren't a fuckton of retarded Juggalos before that, but at least they had less mainstream exposure, and the ratio of intelligent-to-retarded was a little better.

It's a tiny bit similar to some of the silly dumbasses who run around fnording everything up and spouting forced-random BS in the name of Discordia.  I wont tell them they aren't Discordian, but, some people seem to think the PD just meant to be silly for the sake of silly and try to stick a fnord everywhere.

Of course, one rather important difference is in order to even get that far into Discordia, you have to read a book.  At least the one.  Juggalos don't have that problem.  And since reading a book, to too many hipsters and clique-lovers, is boring, you have the kind of Juggalos that draw the spotlight these days.  It's gotten so bad I see a lot of older Juggalos that have a functioning brain choosing not to claim kinship or identify with the current hipster ones.  It wasn't originally a stereotype.  It did not, originally, mean to wear tons of ICP gear everywhere and paint your face all the time.  Hell, most of the intelligent Juggalos I know own few, if any, ICP branded clothing or items.  But those guys aren't the ones out there grabbing media attention.  Those guys aren't what "Juggalo" has come to mean anymore.

Gah, off on a tangent.  In the end though, anyone that identifies with a label strongly enough to actually emulate the stereotype and let it change their behavior, is probably going to end up making themselves, and the group they identify with, look stupid.  See: stoners.

- trix
There's good news tonight.  And bad news.  First, the bad news: there is no good news.  Now, the good news: you don't have to listen to the bad news.
Zen Without Zen Masters

Quote from: Cain
Gender is a social construct.  As society, we get to choose your gender.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: trix on November 04, 2011, 07:12:27 PM
You speak truth here.

Part of the problem is that at some point, Juggalo became popular enough to convert a million hipsters.  Not that there weren't a fuckton of retarded Juggalos before that, but at least they had less mainstream exposure, and the ratio of intelligent-to-retarded was a little better.

It's a tiny bit similar to some of the silly dumbasses who run around fnording everything up and spouting forced-random BS in the name of Discordia.  I wont tell them they aren't Discordian, but, some people seem to think the PD just meant to be silly for the sake of silly and try to stick a fnord everywhere.

Of course, one rather important difference is in order to even get that far into Discordia, you have to read a book.  At least the one.  Juggalos don't have that problem.  And since reading a book, to too many hipsters and clique-lovers, is boring, you have the kind of Juggalos that draw the spotlight these days.  It's gotten so bad I see a lot of older Juggalos that have a functioning brain choosing not to claim kinship or identify with the current hipster ones.  It wasn't originally a stereotype.  It did not, originally, mean to wear tons of ICP gear everywhere and paint your face all the time.  Hell, most of the intelligent Juggalos I know own few, if any, ICP branded clothing or items.  But those guys aren't the ones out there grabbing media attention.  Those guys aren't what "Juggalo" has come to mean anymore.

Gah, off on a tangent.  In the end though, anyone that identifies with a label strongly enough to actually emulate the stereotype and let it change their behavior, is probably going to end up making themselves, and the group they identify with, look stupid.  See: stoners.

- trix

Quote from: The TGRR Translation DeviceBeing a Juggalo was cool until it became all mainstream.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

trix

I suppose the first couple sentences could be simplified as such.

Except Juggalo was never cool.  Not then, not now.
There's good news tonight.  And bad news.  First, the bad news: there is no good news.  Now, the good news: you don't have to listen to the bad news.
Zen Without Zen Masters

East Coast Hustle

Dude, even hipsters aren't lame enough to be Juggalos.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

trix

Quote from: Fuck You One-Eye on November 04, 2011, 11:53:22 PM
Dude, even hipsters aren't lame enough to be Juggalos.
Did a Juggalo steal your milk and/or cookies?

...Do you want to talk about it?
Zen Without Zen Masters

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Hahahaha no fucking way hipsters became juggalos, unless you redefine "hipsters" as "uneducated suburban trash". Hipsters and juggalos are at different ends of the spectrum.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

the last yatto

Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

Triple Zero

Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Phox

So I have decided to infiltrate and sterilize these Juggalos. I consider this a public service. From now on, I will be known as "Doktor Murderbitch Deezy Mac C". The correct abbreviation for you lazy folks is "Phox".