News:

Don't get me wrong, I greatly appreciate the fact that you're at least putting effort into sincerely arguing your points. It's an argument I've enjoyed having. It's just that your points are wrong and your reasons for thinking they're right are stupid.

Main Menu

Tell me how you broke your favorite class. Any class from any system.

Started by Freeky, November 05, 2011, 08:16:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Freeky

Cain

It's really fun to play, combat wise, as you can no doubt see.

Freeky

Yeah it does.  If I get my hands on moneys, I am totally getting the whole thing.

Cain

Budget for about roughly double the cost of the game itself.  You'll want to purchase The Exiled Prince, Legacy, the Black Emporium and Mark of the Assassin DLCs, at the very least.  That gets you a new character and three new quests, Dog, a bunch of new items and two major side-quests.  You may also want to consider the collected item-pack DLCs, though I don't consider those to be necessary.

Freeky

Cain

DLCs are where the money is at, yo.  You can almost always get back equal to the cost of the game in downloadable content alone, which is a considerable amount.  You might be able to buy a Platinum or Ultimate Edition or something that comes with all of those pre-loaded....Amazon is your best bet.

Freeky

I'll have to be on the look out for such things. :)  Thanks, Cain.

Cain

Also, if you like this, you may want to pick up the prequel, as your choices in that can affect quests in the second game. And you'll understand more of the backstory, and the strange character cameos that make no sense.

Prince Glittersnatch III

Quote from: Demolition_Squid on November 16, 2011, 01:52:37 PM
Quote from: Bebek Sincap Ratatosk on November 16, 2011, 01:46:41 PM
The biggest issue I've seen with people RP'ing Malks is that they miss Malkavian 'madness' is generally something more along the lines of Hannibal Lecter. Malkov, their founder was the childe of Caine that came close to tearing away the veil of reality.

TGRR, for example might make a good Malkavian ;-)

I understand what the game was going for in concept.

What you get is superheroes in leather with katanas and Mysterons.

I do not see a problem with this.

I had a lot of fun playing an Alex Jones/Bill Cooper paranoid Malk, who railed against the Camarilla Globalists and praised the Patriot Anarchs. He could tell the future by "the Revelation of the Method", i.e. finding secret codes in Newspapers and Fashion magazines placed there by THEM.
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506 <---worst human being to ever live.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Other%20Pagan%20Mumbo-Jumbo/discordianism.htm <----Learn the truth behind Discordianism

Quote from: Aleister Growly on September 04, 2010, 04:08:37 AM
Glittersnatch would be a rather unfortunate condition, if a halfway decent troll name.

Quote from: GIGGLES on June 16, 2011, 10:24:05 PM
AORTAL SEX MADES MY DICK HARD AS FUCK!

Golden Applesauce

Every time the psych professor made a suspicious-sounding statement, I asked her if the experiment that generated that conclusion had been replicated.
Q: How regularly do you hire 8th graders?
A: We have hired a number of FORMER 8th graders.

Golden Applesauce

Quote from: The Freeky of SCIENCE! on November 05, 2011, 08:16:55 AM
I'll start with a one of mine, for Magus (Pathfinder, Ultimate Magic).

Requirements:  Bladebound archetype, Pool Strike arcana, shocking grasp or similar.
Minimum level: 5th Magus (by taking the Extra Arcana feat);  When this combo peaks:  10th Magus (with extra hilarity if you take a level of Rogue and Weapon Specialization somewhere along the line)
Abilities used:  Arcane Pool (burning an arcane pool point to charge the magic up), Black Blade Strike, Pool Strike, Spellstrike

Burn a point of arcane pool (swift action) to boost your weapon's enhancement bonus (at 10th, +3 is added and stacks with your weapon's natural enhancement bonus, which is +3).  Burn a point of you blade's arcane pool as a free action to do more damage (at tenth, +3).  Use your standard action to burn another arcane pool point to charge your Pool Strike, and take one last free action to attack, combining your Pool and Spellstrike abilities.  Don't forget you can do all this (except the actual attack) while moving.

Let's say I'm a Magus 10/Rogue 1.  My normal chance to hit is +13/8, I'm wielding a bastard sword, a Str of 16 (and wielding with two hands), have Weapon Spec, and I have a flank going. I missed with shocking grasp last round, too(or just waited for a better position), so that is still going.  On my round, I burn a black blade point and two arcane pool points and make a single attack. A hit!  I just did 1d10 + 1d6 sneak + 5d6 electrical + 4d6 Pool Strike + 12 damage.  CAN YOU DO THAT FIGHTER?  OR YOU, WIZARD?  I THINK FUCKING NOT.  SUCK MY DICK, YOU UNCOMPLICATED BASTARDS.  YOU'D HAVE TO TEAM UP TO TOP THE DAMAGE I'M DOING.  WHAT.  I would fucking either of those bastards in single combat. 
I exaggerate, of course.  I probably couldn't take out the fighter alone, if he min/maxed his feats for damage.  The wizard'd be dead, though, for sure.

Wiz 11 throws normal fireball for 11d6 from 800 ft away in a single round, then passes the turn, allowing all his gaming buddies to have fun without watching you make sure you have the right numbers of pool points actions remaining. I don't really see what you're getting at?
Q: How regularly do you hire 8th graders?
A: We have hired a number of FORMER 8th graders.