News:

PD.com: We're like the bugs in the Starship Troopers movie: infinite, unceasing, unstoppable....and our leader looks like a huge vagina

Main Menu

World's most powerful laser to tear apart the vacuum of space

Started by Chairman Risus, November 09, 2011, 03:28:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Triple Zero

Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Triple Zero on November 14, 2011, 04:40:07 PM
This is the most tricky thing ... people believing that a dimension [in this context] is somehow like a parallel universe or "shadow reality" or something like that. And then when you explain what it actually is (a reasonably straightforward mathematical term), it is so boring and they forget it immediately.

That kinda takes all the fun out of HP Lovecraft.

Except the Hounds of Tindalos, which actually come out ahead in the bargain.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

LMNO

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on November 14, 2011, 05:43:58 PM
DO NEVER TEST THE IMPOSSIBLE ANGLES.

Ah, but the hounds only required REGULAR angles.  Any old angle would do.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Freeky

If we start getting eldritch horrors from beyond in this universe, they'll start taking our (the legal citizens of this universe) jobs and get rich on welfare!  WE HAVE TO PUT A STOP TO THIS!

Triple Zero

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 14, 2011, 05:42:08 PM
Quote from: Triple Zero on November 14, 2011, 04:40:07 PM
This is the most tricky thing ... people believing that a dimension [in this context] is somehow like a parallel universe or "shadow reality" or something like that. And then when you explain what it actually is (a reasonably straightforward mathematical term), it is so boring and they forget it immediately.

That kinda takes all the fun out of HP Lovecraft.

Hmm. Given the amount of physicists I know that really enjoy their Lovecraft, it might be time for a paradigm shift! :lulz:
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Don Coyote