News:

PD.com: "a rather irritating form of hermetic terrorism".

Main Menu

This is Spinal Tap quotes in my virgin ears!!

Started by The Wizard Joseph, November 12, 2011, 12:47:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wizard Joseph

"What I've done is to arrange a whole load of charts. An' we know that the band's sign is Virgo. You see that Saturn's in the third house, alright?, and it's a bit rocky. but, because Virgo is one of the most highly intelligent signs in the zodiac we're gonna pull through this with great aplomb."
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Wizard Joseph

"We're very lucky in a sense that we've got two visionaries in the band. You know, David and Nigel are both like.. uh like poets you know like Shelly or Byron or people like that.  They're two totally distinct types of visionaries. It's like fire and ice basically you see. You know, I feel my role is, in the band, is to be kind of in the middle of that. Kind of like lukewarm water, in a sense."
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Wizard Joseph

"Six months from now I can't see myself missing Nige any more than I-I might miss eh, eh Ross McLochness or Ronnie Pudding, or Denny Upham, or uh Little Danny Schindler or any of those you know it's..."

"Ican't I can't believe this.  I can't believe that, you know, you're.. you're lumping Nigel in with, uh you know, these people that you played with for short periods of time."

"Well I'm sure I'd feel much worse if I weren't under such heavy sedation, but still in all, I mean, you've got to be realistic about this sort of thing! You know?"

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Wizard Joseph

"America we can't do that's Nigel's tune. That's not my tune."

"We know, we know, weknow weknow weknow. Well that's a nice little set isn't? That's a cozy ten minutes."

"What are we going to do? We've got nothing to play here.  We've got nothing."

"I'll tell you what we're going to have to do."

"What?"

"Jazz Odyssey."

We're not goingabout to do a free-form jazz, uh, exploration in front of, uh a festival crowd."

"You are witnesses at the new birth of Spinal Tap mark two! I hope you enjoy our new direction.."

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Wizard Joseph

"Do you feel that playing Rock and Roll Music keeps you a child? That is, keeps you in a state of arrested development?"

No. No. No, I feel it's like, it's more like going, going to a, a national park or something. And it's, you know, they preserve the moose and that's my childhood up there on stage is that moose, you know."

"So when you're playing you feel like a preserved moose on stage huh?"

"Yeah."

"David Saint Hubbins.. I, I must admit I've never heard of anybody with that name."

"Well it's an unusual name. Well he was an unusual saint. He's not a very well known saint."

"Oh there actually is, er there was a Saint Hubbins?

"That's right, yes."

"What was he the saint of?"

"He's the patron saint of quality footwear."

"If I were to ask you what your philosophy of life or your creed.. what would that be?"

Have  A  Good Time, all the time.  That's my philosophy Marty.

"I believe virtually everything I read, and I think that's what makes me more of a selective human than someone that doesn't believe anything."

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ok oblation to the gods of rock completed. Hope you enjoyed it.  I loved the movie on a few different levels.  Feel free to spag up this thread in whatever way seems a fit sacrifice to you!

FUCK YEAHHH!! SEX DRUGGZ AND VIOLENCE FOR THE BLEEDING GODS OF ROCK!!!

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I am crossing my fingers that maybe next you'll start a thread for Monty Python quotes.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Triple Zero

Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

The Wizard Joseph

It was just me picking out the moments that struck me as I watched it.

Quote from: Nigel on November 12, 2011, 03:58:23 PM
I am crossing my fingers that maybe next you'll start a thread for Monty Python quotes.

:crankey:
I would NEVER make a thread of Monty Python quotes!  What kind of monster do you think I am!?

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Salty

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7AeqEkFtUQ

ETA: BEST THREAD EVER.

ETA:
QuoteIt was just me picking out the moments that struck me as I watched it.
Ah see, here we've isolated the problem. If you took that part out this thread would be golden.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Alty on November 13, 2011, 05:41:40 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7AeqEkFtUQ    <----------    :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: Awesome!  -T.W.J

ETA: BEST THREAD EVER.

ETA:
QuoteIt was just me picking out the moments that struck me as I watched it.
Ah see, here we've isolated1 the problem. If you took that part out this thread would be golden.

I do not understand.  Was it supposed to be done for a different reason?

1Also... What's the indication that this problem is isolated?

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl