News:

All you can say in this site's defence is that it, rather than reality, occupies the warped minds of some of the planet's most twisted people; gods know what they would get up to if it wasn't here.  In these arguably insane times, any lessening or attenuation of madness is maybe something to be thankful for.

Main Menu

From the room

Started by Doktor Howl, August 08, 2020, 02:44:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

When the invasion of Iraq happened and nobody could find weapons of mass destruction, nobody asked XXXX what she had in the bag.

When the Afghanistan war lasted for 18 years and 300 tons of heroin went missing, nobody asked XXXX what she had in the bag.

When Donald Trump was elected, nobody asked XXXX what she had in the bag.

When Brexit happened, nobody asked XXXX what she had in the bag.

When "irregardless" made it into the dictionary, nobody asked XXXX what she had in the bag.

When the coronavirus went through the world like shit through a goose, nobody asked XXXX what she had in the bag.

When Beirut blew up, nobody asked XXXX what she had in the bag.

Pandora had her box, XXXX has her bag.  This is how the system works and we do not question the system.  You want to make it through this mess of an ongoing societal collapse, you shut up and you do what you have to do to get by, and you do NOT ask XXXX what she has in the bag.  You just zip that lip and go about your damn business.  If you know what's good for you.

(Edited to protect the incurably guilty)
Molon Lube

altered

I once asked what was in the bag, and I got a mischievous grin.

NOTHING HAPPENED THAT DAY.

And then, months later, I ended up in Texas.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Mind replacing the name with QGP or [redacted]?

chaotic neutral observer

"What the scientists have in their briefcases is terrifying," said Khrushchev.  But he never asked [REDACTED] what she had in the bag.

(edited to remove name - Doc)
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: chaotic neutral observer on August 09, 2020, 03:50:36 AM
"What the scientists have in their briefcases is terrifying," said Khrushchev.  But he never asked REDACTED what she had in the bag.

CNO maybe you should read the thread hm? I know you didn't do that shit on purpose. Right?

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on August 09, 2020, 03:27:33 AM
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

chaotic neutral observer

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on August 09, 2020, 07:29:42 AM
"What the scientists have in their briefcases is terrifying," said Khrushchev.  But he never asked REDACTED what she had in the bag.

CNO maybe you should read the thread hm? I know you didn't do that shit on purpose. Right?

My apologies.

I didn't draw the connection that [redacted] might be a real name. (There's a lesson here about not trying to "participate" in a thread when I don't understand the context).

ETA: Dok, you've missed a redaction in the last sentence.
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: chaotic neutral observer on August 09, 2020, 01:39:12 PM
Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on August 09, 2020, 07:29:42 AM

My apologies.

I didn't draw the connection that [redacted] might be a real name. (There's a lesson here about not trying to "participate" in a thread when I don't understand the context).

ETA: Dok, you've missed a redaction in the last sentence.

Thanks, will fix.

And you're welcome to participate any time.
Molon Lube

Q. G. Pennyworth

I appreciate it everyone. It's not like I'm not doxxed to hell already or anything, real names just make me uncomfortable.

altered

If another piece could be added to this so I could get a feel for the general vibe, I might be able to add something. I have a bout of the Bostons coming on recently.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Q. G. Pennyworth

What's in [REDACTED]'s bag, is it teeth?
I don't think that's quite all now
What's in [REDACTED]'s bag, is it teeth?
We need to sort this out now

Open up the bag, what's inside...
it's a thing she'd call a sandwich
it's just stacked lettuce leaves, and we can see,
that claim is just outlandish.

You know we got a mystery to solve,
there's bound to be more in this bag.
tip it out!

and what the hell how big's this bag
is that a nazi skull that just fell out?
there's no doubt!

What's in [REDACTED]'s bag, it's a lot.
It's where she hides her victims.
And now that we all know, we are screwed,
she'll kill to keep her secrets

(From one of the regular poetry night participants, dunno what he would prefer for credits on the interbutts but I do have permission for the repost here)

The recent maneater one I posted in Literate Chaotic is from this set, too

The Wizard Joseph

On The Essence Of Sandwiches

Sandwich is an alignment of components more than a permanent state. We call things a sandwich, Even QG has said a stack of three pieces of lettuce is a sandwich. Given this as a sort of standard this still bears questions that need answers.

For instance what is the alignment tolerance on "sandwichness"? In electronics the highest standard of alignment is about 10% width off center if you can't have something more near to perfection, but sandwiching is rare in electronics, and totally inedible in most circumstances anyway. It is not a great comparison, but we do have to ask "how far can I tug on that middle piece of lettuce before we have insufficient overlap for a decent sandwich standard?" 10%? 50%? maybe a barely perceptable liminal overlap leaving only the suggestion that the middle piece COULD be partially between top lettuce and bottom lettuce? This is a matter of consensus and documented standards surely, and so requires an authority and enforcement as such. Can sandwiches then truly be said to "exist" in a legal sense absent sandwich cops? Can they be said to exist at all?

Surely they do. I had two fried egg and toast sandwiches for breakfast just before sitting down to write this. I saw them. It was I who made them. It was I who destroyed them with great joy for my own satisfaction. They are gone now forever, but they definitely were here thnugh you must take my word and accept my judgement on this. Yet we must acknowledge them as transitory. They are not so much a thing as a temporary description of condition. How odd I find it that cooking arts have caught up with deconstructionism. You can order "deconstructed" sandwiches in some restaurants or just pile disparate foods on a plate for yourself. Calling this a deconstructed sandwich is a lie to appeal to philosophical suckers that will pay extra for less culinary effort. The sandwich has yet to be and may never manifest at all. Rather it should be called a potential sandwich. I'd use the term quantum sandwich, but I fear violent academic reprisal. Rightly.

Like an astronomical conjunction then a sandwich is a transitory condition or event with little to qualify it. Like the cake, a well known lie indeed, you cannot both have and successfully eat a sandwich. At best once demolished and enveloped completely in you it must now be some sort of burrito, but that is a speculation of my own, and a conversation for another time.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

altered

There are claims made about sandwiches, and details of the contents of The Bag, and the impossibility of knowing them.

I say to you, these claims and elucidations are simply whistling past the graveyard. We are forced in time to confront the reality of The Bag, its meaning and its final purpose.

The Bag, held by The Fugitive From Divine Justice (curses upon her unknowable nature), is nothing more and nothing less than Death.

She brings The Bag. No one questions its contents, now known to be irrational and unable to fit logically in its confines. And in her wake is Death. It's contents are the Dead, dead ideas and dead objects. When a thing is forgotten and lost, it goes to The Bag, and becomes a part of its Collection.

The Unknown Fugitive, then, as a Holder of Death, is like unto a god. But I am getting ahead of myself.

The Bag, being Death and Forgetfulness, is the lake from which the river Lethe flows. It is my contention that the Events in the wake of The Bag are all caused by a momentary lapse of memory, driven by the Proximity to Death, and which causes more Death to follow. Thus, we may say that the Fugitive is Entropy, for Memory is simply ordered information. As is consciousness.

As only Consciousness and Memory may ward against Death, and Entropy is well known to be the irreversible disordering of information, Entropy is the forerunner of Death, a harbinger, and is in its service.

There is a whole discussion to be had, therefore, on who truly is In Charge in the relationship of The Fugitive (cursed be) and The Bag.

A fool asks "What is in The Bag?" And the Universe responds: "Now it is you."

We do not ask what is in The Bag.