News:

MysticWicks endorsement: "Spoiled brats of the pagan world, I thought. I really don't have a lot of respect for Discordians. They just strike me as spiritually lazy."

Main Menu

I know this is way out of character for me...

Started by Kai, November 11, 2011, 04:36:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kai

...but I've realized that Twitter makes it far easier to spread science news than Facebook or PD ever will. I feel like I've gone over to the dark side, but the fact is that I can summarize and send off a link in less than 30 seconds on Twitter, whereas the Weekly Science News thread here would take me hours, and Facebook with it's crappy posting box (where you can't even see the cursor) takes me less time but still too much to post everything I want to post.

I've had people tell me in the past that they appreciate my feed of science stuff, so if anyone wants to follow me, just send me a PM and I'll give you the name (It's my IRL name, so I can't post it here for fear of google destroying my future employment chances).
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Cain

Actually, even I can accept the only good use of Twitter is link sharing.  Because it is.

Triple Zero

PM incoming!

I don't check Twitter that much anymore these days, but when I do, it's for grabbing some interesting links to read, and I'll be happy to throw your links into that mix :)
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

LMNO