News:

PD.com: Better than a xylophone made out of live kittens that you play with a tazer.

Main Menu

man live-tweets exploding marriage at burger king

Started by Triple Zero, November 11, 2011, 11:52:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Triple Zero

http://tweetagewasteland.com/2011/11/something-disintegrates-at-a-burger-king/

Somethingsomething expectation of privacy somethingsomething ubiquitous technology something social media something gossip vulture something Strange Times something.

DISCUSS.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

East Coast Hustle

If I was that couple, I'd have stopped fighting with each other and proceeded to kick the snot out of that guy. And after I was done, the only place his smartphone would be tweeting from would be the inside of his rectum.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Triple Zero

Quote from: Bebek Sincap Ratatosk on November 11, 2011, 12:17:14 PM
:lulz:

Burger King doesn't count as private.

Legally, no.

But just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Some people said they got what they had coming because the loud fight was disturbing to other people. I say there's two ways to deal with that, 1 mind your own business or 2 walk up to them and tell them to take their BS elsewhere. Option 3 gather all your friends to get some popcorn and watch the marital fight (or the global 21st century digital equivalent thereof) is IMO a perfectly justifiable reason for getting your ass kicked, like ECH said.

Quote from: Fuck You One-Eye on November 11, 2011, 01:00:17 PM
If I was that couple, I'd have stopped fighting with each other and proceeded to kick the snot out of that guy. And after I was done, the only place his smartphone would be tweeting from would be the inside of his rectum.

Yeah.

Except I'm not sure they were aware of the fact at that point.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

:lulz: I think it's funny, and that they deserved it. I can't stand people who argue loudly in restaurants.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I mean, they were already making a spectacle of themselves.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Nephew Twiddleton

One of my exes found it acceptible to argue loudly in public. Her rationale was that theyre all strangers who dont give a crap. It was a major contributing factor to our break up.

I once pointed out to a couple that i could see and hear them and they might want to take it elsewhere.

Other times i just thought it very loudly.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Kai

Quote from: Nigel on November 11, 2011, 05:56:23 PM

They broke civility, and that doesn't mean it was necessary for that guy to break civility as well. One of the reasons we're in such a mess is people throw their shit around and are too self absorbed to be considerate of others.

If I were in the situation, I would have told them that their loud arguing was interrupting my ability to enjoy my meal. Usually if you say that without a hint of condescension, contempt or pretension people will be shocked into consideration and quiet down.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Juana

I would have openly stared until they noticed and got the message, resorting to consumption level coughing if necessary. I find that usually works. Though I gotta agree with Nigel that it was hilarious.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Nephew Twiddleton

Staring doesnt always work. If theyre to self absorbed to notice that theyre being obnoxious in public they arent going to notice people looking at them. Though the coughing bit probably helps.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: 'Kai' ZLB, M.S. on November 11, 2011, 06:21:13 PM
Quote from: Nigel on November 11, 2011, 05:56:23 PM

They broke civility, and that doesn't mean it was necessary for that guy to break civility as well. One of the reasons we're in such a mess is people throw their shit around and are too self absorbed to be considerate of others.

If I were in the situation, I would have told them that their loud arguing was interrupting my ability to enjoy my meal. Usually if you say that without a hint of condescension, contempt or pretension people will be shocked into consideration and quiet down.

Why is it less civil for him to describe the scene on Twitter than for anyone to describe any public scene on Twitter? I think this generation has become far too self-centered and self-absorbed, and never learned the age-old lesson to be careful what dirty laundry you air in public because it will soon be all over town. People in cities assume they have some kind of right to anonymity, whereas in a smaller community you would assume that any private matters you talked about loudly in public would quickly become public knowledge.

The Good Reverend Roger

The couple made it public.  What the public did with that is no longer under their control.

Tough fucking titties.

That being said, the guy who "tweeted" it is a shitbag, too.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Nephew Twiddleton

Yeah. It would have been netter if he went up to their table and started breakdancing for them instead.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 11, 2011, 06:38:59 PM
The couple made it public.  What the public did with that is no longer under their control.

Tough fucking titties.

That being said, the guy who "tweeted" it is a shitbag, too.

I think that including personally identifying pictures and video was a bit much, but that otherwise, telling the story online of someone making a public spectacle right in front of you is perfectly fine.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I think that's where I draw the line. The PI. Otherwise, it's fair game.