News:

If it quacks like a sociopath, but also ponders its own sociopathy, it's probably just an asshole.

Main Menu

SKYRIM

Started by Cramulus, November 11, 2011, 03:17:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cramulus

The latest installment in the Elder Scrollz series comes out today. I'm so excited that I'm making a constant high pitched eeeeeee noise.

In Skyrim, you can "be anything you can imagine". A limitless world of endless possibilities and infinite choices. You will become the character of your utmost fantasies, thrilling the world with your acts of heroism and daring-do.

Who will I become on this epic quest of righteous destiny?

I will become the Noid, the twisted and insane Dominos Pizza mascot from the late 1980s.

I'll crusade all over the frosty northlands of Tamriel, cooling down people's pizzas, and giving them clayanimation handjobs. My primary skills will be blunt weapons, stealth, and love.

Are you guys picking this shit up? What are you going to play as?

Scribbly

I preordered my copy months ago. It was supposed to turn up today. It is now 3pm, and other people in my area have had theirs arrive four hours ago... mine is not here.  :sad:

My grand plan to play TROGDOR the BURNINATOR and ensure that all of the peasants are suitably enflamed is unravelling before my eyes. I am very sad.
I had an existential crisis and all I got was this stupid gender.

Freckleback

Preordered in august.  Just waiting on UPS to deliver.

The forum posts about the PC version have me a bit worried though.

Cramulus

actually maybe I'll make SKYRIM CAIN as my character

coincidentally, this character's story will also involve insanity and pizza deliveries

Luna

I love you guys.   :lulz:
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

AFK

I will be playing as VinterFist the Lord of the Norwegian Black Metal Clan.  I will smite my enemies with inverted crosses and cover them in corpse-paint.  My lair will be my grandmother's basement. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

EK WAFFLR

This looks interesting. I might just buy my first video game in years.

And play as Noddy.
"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

Cramulus

Lenin McCarthy

After weeks of listening to my friends going all eeeeee over this game, I am more convinced than ever that I need a new computer.

Cainad (dec.)

I AM SO TOTALLY PSYCHED FOR WHEN I CAN JUSTIFY BUYING ANOTHER REALLY COOL DISTRACTION,

Which is not right now because I'm a hair's breadth from failing my classes

Cain

I'm going to get this for Xmas, since, if I buy it now, people will struggle to get me something I like.

Also, I will be boring and play a stealthy character that relies on speed, stabs people when they are looking the wrong way and occasionally uses just enough magic to stay protected from the worst damage thrown in my way.  I like to call this class "being sensible, since almost everything can kick my ass".

Also, hopefully a month and a half will give me enough time to finish Morrowind.  Though probably not  :)

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

It's gonna be here ANY MINUTE NOW! My son and I are wetting our pants with anticipation.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Scribbly

Quote from: Nigel on November 11, 2011, 05:35:33 PM
It's gonna be here ANY MINUTE NOW! My son and I are wetting our pants with anticipation.

I am so sad  :cry:

Quote from: AmazonFollowing feedback from many customers regarding non-delivery of Skyrim today, we have fully investigated the situation with Royal Mail. Unfortunately, we've now learned that our local sorting office failed to deliver some of our sacks to the main distribution hub on Wednesday evening. This has effected many orders –mainly for Skyrim on PC Royal Mail have confirmed that the delayed sacks were then taken to the distribution centre the following day (Thursday) and therefore the affected orders are now on route for delivery and should be with you very soon.

Probably monday at the earliest now.  :cry:
I had an existential crisis and all I got was this stupid gender.

Disco Pickle

God damn fucking GameStop ran out of the pre-order bonus and sold out of the Manual.

:cramstipated:

Should have done midnight release but have to work today.

Damn adult responsibilities.

Now to just get fitted for a catheter and an IV and I'm set to not move from the couch for the weekend.
"Events in the past may be roughly divided into those which probably never happened and those which do not matter." --William Ralph Inge

"sometimes someone confesses a sin in order to take credit for it." -- John Von Neumann

Cramulus

Gamestop rant:

My least favorite thing about gamestop is the antics they pull to get you to sign up for their rewards card and preorder new stuff.

Today the guy was harassing me about not pre-ordering Assassins Creed 3. I was like, dude, I just put down like 65 bucks on a game, I don't need to buy ANOTHER game today.

He's like "Are you serious? You buy it later, you're getting a $60 game for $60. You pay for it now, you're getting a $130 game for $60. "

I didn't want to get into it with him. There's no way the little preorder gift or bonus content is going to be worth more than the game itself. He was starting to get visibly pissed off at me. His tone of voice changed to annoyance, like I'm some moron crapping up his store with my outlandish cheapness.

This happened last Christmas too -- the same guy asked me if I was SURE I didn't want a rewards card about four or five times in a row. "Are you SURE? Really? It doesn't cost you anything. And you're still sure. Okay.  :roll:"

Listen man, control of my PI is worth more to me than the five percent discount or whatever. I give it to you, I don't know what's going to happen to it, but it's clearly worth MORE to you than 5% of what I spend here, otherwise rewards cards wouldn't exist. So I'm going to pay the regular market rate and hold onto my data. That's win/win, isn't it?