News:

PD's body has a way of shutting pro-lifer's down.

Main Menu

SKYRIM

Started by Cramulus, November 11, 2011, 03:17:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pæs

Don Coyote

Eh...I'll wait until I can get for like $10. :lulz:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Dalek

Oh good! I haven't went out of the house except for school in the last week, because of World of Warcraft. Now I've got another game to keep me home, away from pointless social life.

LMNO

Welcome to the Machine, FUCKOS.

:FFF:

Cain

Quote from: Beardman Meow on November 12, 2011, 04:18:01 AM
Quote from: Cain on November 11, 2011, 11:45:25 PM
Quote from: Bu☆ns on November 11, 2011, 11:08:58 PM
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/7.322746-Barrel-Aided-Crime-Spree-Ravages-Skyrim

ZGT posted this in irc -- basically convinced me to get this game now. 

Best game feature ever
So much this. I will be the ultimate criminal.

Fuck levelling up using stealth and illusions.  I'm going to get a hundred ranks in "putting buckets on heads".

Fractalbeard

I can't let myself have this game until February  :x
Any technology distinguishable from magic is insuficiently advanced.

Triple Zero

Quote from: Rurouzaru of Pancreas on November 12, 2011, 04:35:09 PM

Well it'll be cheaper by then, no?
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I pre-ordered it because my son wanted it for his birthday, and $60 to make a kid happy, considering how little he asks of me, seemed pretty reasonable.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Scribbly

Quote from: Triple Zero on November 12, 2011, 05:05:29 PM
Quote from: Rurouzaru of Pancreas on November 12, 2011, 04:35:09 PM

Well it'll be cheaper by then, no?

I would be very surprised.

I got it for £28 from Amazon. AAA titles like Skyrim will maintain their pricing based on how much content there is (and therefore how many second-hand copies there are floating around) and how popular they are.

I don't think you'll see it dip much cheaper than launch price for at least eight months, probably a year. Unless you count buying it second hand (but I dislike doing that because it doesn't support the developers).
I had an existential crisis and all I got was this stupid gender.

PopeTom

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on November 12, 2011, 03:43:18 PM
Welcome to the Machine, FUCKOS.

:FFF:

IT'S WINTER AND THE MACHINE HAS HEAT!!!!!!!
-PopeTom

I am the result of 13.75 ± 0.13 billion years of random chance. Now that I exist I see no reason to start planning and organizing everything in my life.

Random dumb luck got me here, random dumb luck will get me to where I'm going.

Hail Eris!

The Wizard Joseph

I got to watch my brothers playing this a little bit yesterday.  I'm not as into it as much as some, but I started the Elders Scrolls series playing Daggerfall on PC.  Every iteration they took something out and then added something different or expanded in cool ways. (like the alchemy getting better and making poisons.. instead of potions that fuck you up or getting rid of passwall and eventually levitation)

Did they entirely dispense with the attribute stats in favor of the health/magic/stamina bars and skill tree selections?  What determines carrying capacity if so?  It's the most important stat for jacking NPCs for their stuff!
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Don Coyote

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on November 13, 2011, 02:54:40 PM
I got to watch my brothers playing this a little bit yesterday.  I'm not as into it as much as some, but I started the Elders Scrolls series playing Daggerfall on PC.  Every iteration they took something out and then added something different or expanded in cool ways. (like the alchemy getting better and making poisons.. instead of potions that fuck you up or getting rid of passwall and eventually levitation)

Did they entirely dispense with the attribute stats in favor of the health/magic/stamina bars and skill tree selections?  What determines carrying capacity if so?  It's the most important stat for jacking NPCs for their stuff!

I think baskets.

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Pope Pastor Wolf-Something-Or-Other on November 13, 2011, 05:30:22 PM
Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on November 13, 2011, 02:54:40 PM

I think baskets.

See, now I'm just outdated and slow to adopt on this basket thing.  You gotta be able to carry all those sets of armor you just stole using this newfangled basket method right?
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Cain

I am a level six basketweaver!