News:

You're miserable, edgy and tired. You're in the perfect mood for PD.com.

Main Menu

SKYRIM

Started by Cramulus, November 11, 2011, 03:17:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: BadBeast on January 09, 2012, 08:30:03 PM
Quote from: Don Coyote on January 09, 2012, 07:52:10 PM
Don't start a new game on Master. You will cry.
I've never played it at all, and I'm already crying like I'd just taken a cock to the eye.

Did you used to be an adventurer, like Coyote, before your injury?
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Elder Iptuous

Net, if we need to coordinate to make sure that we don't duplicate Koan reviews, just drop me a PM.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Iptuous on January 30, 2012, 09:44:49 PM
Net, if we need to coordinate to make sure that we don't duplicate Koan reviews, just drop me a PM.

Is this that "sarcasm" thing I've heard about?
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

BadBeast

Quote from: Net on January 30, 2012, 09:42:36 PM
Quote from: BadBeast on January 09, 2012, 08:30:03 PM
Quote from: Don Coyote on January 09, 2012, 07:52:10 PM
Don't start a new game on Master. You will cry.
I've never played it at all, and I'm already crying like I'd just taken a cock to the eye.

Did you used to be an adventurer, like Coyote, before your injury?
Not like Coyote, no.  :roll:
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4

Elder Iptuous

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 30, 2012, 09:45:27 PM

i don't believe so...
i think it's just joke running.

i only got through two koans before i had to take off.  but, hey! i got a two day reprieve from the ATF, so that's good. :)

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Iptuous on January 31, 2012, 04:27:34 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 30, 2012, 09:45:27 PM

i don't believe so...
i think it's just joke running.

i only got through two koans before i had to take off.  but, hey! i got a two day reprieve from the ATF, so that's good. :)

See how your spiritual advisor takers care of you?
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cramulus

Bethesda gave its studios a full week to work on whatever they want and add it to skyrim. Here's a highlights reel of the awesome stuff they came up with. I wish this stuff was in the game! Maybe it'll be DLC content...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYOFLqItuW4

Wolfgang Absolutus

Quote from: Cramulus on February 09, 2012, 09:49:28 PM
Bethesda gave its studios a full week to work on whatever they want and add it to skyrim. Here's a highlights reel of the awesome stuff they came up with. I wish this stuff was in the game! Maybe it'll be DLC content...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYOFLqItuW4
:fap:
Thinking and Breathing are my main occupations.

The Rev

I play Hearts on my laptop, does that count?

Scribbly

Quote from: Cramulus on December 05, 2011, 05:16:37 PM
Lately, my apartment has been discussing a problem that's been nagging at us.

Skyrim is awesome. It's been out for a little over 20 days. Everybody in my apartment is playing it, except for the girl who has final exams coming up.

And it's remained constantly good. I'm at level 37 and I'm not running out of content. I think I've hit the point where the game's easy, but then I get annihilated by some creature I've never seen before. You think "ah I'll never have to worry about gold again", and then spend it all in one shopping trip. I keep finding fascinating locations, quests, and NPCs. In short, the game hasn't stopped being awesome.

So here's the problem:

what if it never stops being awesome?

what if we never get bored with it?

I'm remembering the people who have died while playing WoW or Starcraft or Halo 2. We could die this way!

Or on a less life threatening level: what if we never need to buy other video games now? The whole video game industry is in danger.

This is Skyrim's potentially biggest flaw: It's too good.

Randomly remembered this post.

I am now reinstalling Skyrim.  :lulz:
I had an existential crisis and all I got was this stupid gender.

Cain

People *are* still making quest mods in 2023.

Faust

Someday I will play skywind and it will be amazing.

Well done cram for predicting the next 12 years for elder scrolls, probably see a new gta before es6
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Cain

I initially started playing ESO because I was bored waiting for TES VI.

And here I am, 6 years later...playing ESO while waiting for TES VI (FWIW the new expansion does look legitimately awesome, and adds some serious depth to Hermaeus Mora. And they got Wes Johnson back in to voice him, which is just top tier)

Cramulus

Quote from: Faust on May 01, 2023, 08:16:50 AM
Someday I will play skywind and it will be amazing.

Well done cram for predicting the next 12 years for elder scrolls, probably see a new gta before es6

I have a skyrim game I occasionally fire up when I'm super bored

basically decided to play a feral orc that treats cities as a dungeon, and is trying to kill the entire killable population of every town. I use a cleared dungeon as my "residence".

its... not as hard as I expected.

But I wish I had one of those goblin staves from Oblivion.

Cain

Cram is literally the Old Orc. Got tired of challenging people by the road and has now invaded the cities.

Also Skywind had an update video the other day. It's still not gonna be out before 2030, but it is looking good.