News:

PD.com: You're safer in New Bedford.

Main Menu

ECH, seize your culinary destiny!

Started by Cain, November 12, 2011, 11:34:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

Apparently, we need to figure out how to cook food in space.

Potential upsides to this: working for NASA instead of on a boat, guaranteed fame, a legacy that will last a thousand years.

Potential downsides: experimenting with cooking in space leads to balls of sizzling fat, which then chase you around the kitchen, burning you extensively. Which to be honest, except for the bit where they float, sounds like working in any normal kitchen.

Luna

Huh.  Never really thought about it, beyond trying some of the "space ice cream" stuff they sell at the Museum of Science.  (Styrofoam.  Ugh.)
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

East Coast Hustle

This intrigues me. Especially the part where, despite its obvious advantages in that environment, I would insist on coming up with a way to cook in zero-G that NEVER EVER EVER involved sous vide.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Cain

That's pretty much what prompted me to pass it on.  When I go to live on the Mars Colony, I'm not doing sous-vide every single night for the 9 month trip.

Triple Zero

Quote from: Fuck You One-Eye on November 12, 2011, 01:02:14 PM
This intrigues me. Especially the part where, despite its obvious advantages in that environment, I would insist on coming up with a way to cook in zero-G that NEVER EVER EVER involved sous vide.

I was gonna say, that was the first thing that popped to mind, but I know you hate it :lol:

Though to really finish a sous-vide piece of meat you still need to torch the outside bits for crunchy. I don't think that would go over very well in a spaceship, with limited oxygen and all.

Though I recently had something that was truly incredible. Which I will put in the other thread, to not jack this one.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.