PD.com: Trimming your hair in accordance with the anarchoprimitivist lifestyle

Main Menu

Curry hot wings

Started by Bruno, November 12, 2011, 01:11:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Fuck You One-Eye on November 12, 2011, 05:04:40 PM
Pok Pok?

because their wings are quite simply the best wings I've had anywhere in the world, and possibly the single best snack I've ever had, period.

I don't know the proportions, but I know that fish sauce and palm sugar are the primary ingredients.

Yes, Pok Pok. Those wings are like CRACK. I've never had a bad dish there, actually. Not once.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

East Coast Hustle

Nope. As far as I'm concerned he's the best chef in PDX (sorry Gabe Rucker), and one of my favorite chefs anywhere.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Bruno

Quote from: Nigel on November 12, 2011, 04:51:09 PM
The Thai place up the street does some killer wings. I think they have a lot of fish sauce on them.

When I was googling around for "curry hot wings" I found at least one recipe that called for fish sauce. I've never used it before. I'll have to get a bottle next time I'm at the asian store.

I just finished eating the curry-coconut-brown sugar hot wings, and they were amazing!
Formerly something else...

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Now I want me some Pok-Pok.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Jenne

FUCK YOU GUYS FOR MAKING ME WANT WINGS TONIGHT FOR DINNER.  :x

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Jenne on November 16, 2011, 05:04:49 PM
FUCK YOU GUYS FOR MAKING ME WANT WINGS TONIGHT FOR DINNER.  :x

NOM NOM, WINGS!

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: Nigel on November 12, 2011, 07:19:23 PM
Pok Pok?

because their wings are quite simply the best wings I've had anywhere in the world, and possibly the single best snack I've ever had, period.

I don't know the proportions, but I know that fish sauce and palm sugar are the primary ingredients.

Yes, Pok Pok. Those wings are like CRACK. I've never had a bad dish there, actually. Not once.

I have had 75% of their menu items over the past few years and I 169% agree. They can't go wrong.

And those wings....sweet merciful fuck!
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Agent Buttchug on November 17, 2011, 10:54:41 AM
Quote from: Nigel on November 12, 2011, 07:19:23 PM
Pok Pok?

I have had 75% of their menu items over the past few years and I 169% agree. They can't go wrong.

And those wings....sweet merciful fuck!

I like going with a group of people and ordering a bunch of shit so we can try everything.

I have no idea whether Pok Pok Noi has the same menu as the one on Division, though. I've been to the one on Division a few times and it was really good, but I don't remember the menu well. I think it's different.

Jenne

They  need to bring a Pok Pok Noi over to California.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Jenne on November 18, 2011, 04:46:53 PM
They  need to bring a Pok Pok Noi over to California.

It is some amazing, amazing stuff. The dishes aren't large but the flavors are intense and incredibly satisfying.