News:

Please take a stand against our terrible values

Main Menu

This is Spinal Tap quotes in my virgin ears!!

Started by The Wizard Joseph, November 12, 2011, 12:47:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wizard Joseph

You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Wizard Joseph

"You don't talk so much just smile and look smart."
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Wizard Joseph

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Wizard Joseph

"Fucking Limeys!"

"Well, you know. They're not..they're not used to that world. Frank Sinatra. It's a different world that they're in."

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Wizard Joseph

"This tasteless cover is a good indication of the lack of musical invention within. The musical growth rate of this band cannot even be charted. They are treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry"

"That's nitpicking isn't it?"

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Wizard Joseph

"The White album? What was that? There was nothing on that goddamn cover."

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Wizard Joseph

"They see us on stage with tight trousers. We've got, you know, armadillos in our trousers. It's really quite frightening. The size. And they run screaming."

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Wizard Joseph

"This is a top to, uh, what we use on stage, but it's very, very special because if you can see the numbers all go to eleven! Look! Right across the board, eleven, eleven, eleven."

"Most amps go up to ten."

"Exactly."

"Does that mean it's louder, I mean is it any louder?"

"Well it's one louder isn't it? It's not ten. You see most blokes, you know, will be playing at ten. You're on ten here, all the way up, all the way up, all the way up. You're on ten on your guitar. Where can you go from there? Where?"

"I don't know."

"Nowhere, exactly!  What we do is if we need that extra push over the cliff you know what we do? 11. exactly. One louder."

"Why don't you just make ten louder and make ten be the top number and make that a little louder?"

"These go to eleven!"

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Wizard Joseph

"What's the difference between golf and miniature golf? The walls."

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Wizard Joseph

"It's such a fine line between stupid and clever."

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Wizard Joseph

"Certainly in the topsy-turvey world of heavy rock having a good, solid piece of wood in your hand is quite often useful."

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Wizard Joseph

"Dozens of people spontaneously combust each year, It's just not really widely reported."

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Wizard Joseph

"Given the history of Spinal Tap drummers, uh, in the past do you have any fears, um, for your life?"

"When I did join, you know, they did tell me.  They kind of took me aside and said well mate it's, you know, it's like this. And it did kind of freak me out a bit but it can't ALWAYS happen to every can it?"

"The law of averages..."

"the law of averages.."

"..says you will survive"

"..Yeh"

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Wizard Joseph

"I'm really influenced by Mozart and Bach, It's sort of in between though. Really it's like a Mach piece really."

"What do you call this?"

"This piece is called Lick My Love Pump"

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Wizard Joseph

"I do not, for one, think that the problem was that the band was down. I think that the problem may have been that there was a Stonehenge monument on the stage that was in danger of being crushed..by a dwarf! Alright? That tended to understate the hugeness of the object."

"I think you're just making much too big a thing out of it."

"Making a big thing out of it would have been a good idea."

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl