News:

Yeah, fuckface! Get ready to be beaten down. Grrr! Internet ain't so safe now is it motherfucker! Shit just got real! Bam!

Main Menu

IF YOU PUT OIL IN YOUR PASTA WATER

Started by Chef, October 08, 2004, 08:07:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chef

WHY ARE YOU STILL ALIVE?

CHEF D,
OWNS THIS JOINT.
CHEF LIVES IN A MANTION.  YUO LIVE IN TENSE.

Malaul

I use oil and salt and butter

so there
NYAH
Coito ergo sum
O! Plus! Perge! Aio! Hui! Hem!
"You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy,the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named Bush, Dick, and Colon.  --Comedian Chris Rock

Chef

Quote from: MalaulI use oil and salt and butter

so there
NYAH

saint aini

I use butter.  It has all the salts and oils necessary.

I used to use olive oil, but solid foods require solid fats.
Mary: Let me ask you something.
[Grabs his hand]
Mary: Why are you alive?
John Preston: [Breaks free] I'm alive... I live... to safeguard the continuity of this great society. To serve Libria.
Mary: It's circular. You exist to continue your existence. What's the point?
John Preston: What's the point of your existence?
Mary: To feel. 'Cause you've never done it, you can never know it. But it's as vital as breath. And without it, without love, without anger, without sorrow, breath is just a clock... ticking.

East Coast Hustle

put the oil or butter on the pasta after it's done cooking...putting oil or butter in the water with the pasta is bad...bad, bad, bad....it may completely disrupt the temporal flow of this timeline...as a chef, I'm with Chef on this one... 8)
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Guido Finucci

Quote from: ChefWHY ARE YOU STILL ALIVE?

Chef, don't you think threads about the finer points of pasta cooking are a little, well, metrosexual, for your big, bad palangi self?

gnimbley

If you put oil in your pasta water you are just wasting oil.

(OMG, don't tell Dick Cheney. He'll get Bush to invade your kitchen!)

namu

I concur. Any kind of fat in pasta water is utterly useless. You have to put it on the pasta after filtering the water out, when pasta is cooked.

Acceptable forms of fat to put on pasta:
- spagghetti sauce
- carbonara sauce (+ raw egg as an option)
- napoletana sauce
- coconut milk with curry and fried onion rings and raisins
- tomato sauce with either garlic or basilic
Namu the Maxwell Angel
--
United we stand, divided we run free at last !

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: namuI concur. Any kind of fat in pasta water is utterly useless. You have to put it on the pasta after filtering the water out, when pasta is cooked.

Acceptable forms of fat to put on pasta:
- spagghetti sauce
- carbonara sauce (+ raw egg as an option)
- napoletana sauce
- coconut milk with curry and fried onion rings and raisins
- tomato sauce with either garlic or basilic

you forgot bolognese, puttanesca, and the Turd's own sun-dried tomato/walnut/spinach lemon cream sauce...
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

agent compassion

'I'll take you out for a meal with Mr. and Mrs. Pain, order up some violent quiche. Do you want some?' - ++++++ Moon

Trollax

actually about a tablesppon of vegetable oil in a pan of boiling water helps your pastacook faster :P

and CHEF, I'm with guido on this one.
PS your keyboard is broken, there's no lower case, are you speaking in acronyms all the time or shouting?

Horab Fibslager

Quote from: MalaulI use oil and salt and butter

so there
NYAH

oil AND AND butter?
dude! wtf?

gopt somethign agasin sticky noodles or soemthing?

personally i use water. tho i dont; make the stuff often. abit of salt to make the water boil faster. don;t help much tho, i jst read while i cook.
Hell is other people.

Bella

I normally do my best to avoid cooking.
But if I have to cook pasta, all I use is a little salt and then I add a bit of olive oil after the water has been drained off the noodles or whatever.
just like in a dream
you'll open your mouth to scream
and you won't make a sound

you can't believe your eyes
you can't believe your ears
you can't believe your friends
you can't believe you're here

saint aini

Quote from: Guido Finucci

Chef, don't you think threads about the finer points of pasta cooking are a little, well, metrosexual, for your big, bad palangi self?

We might as well say Chef is gay today for he has started a thread.
Mary: Let me ask you something.
[Grabs his hand]
Mary: Why are you alive?
John Preston: [Breaks free] I'm alive... I live... to safeguard the continuity of this great society. To serve Libria.
Mary: It's circular. You exist to continue your existence. What's the point?
John Preston: What's the point of your existence?
Mary: To feel. 'Cause you've never done it, you can never know it. But it's as vital as breath. And without it, without love, without anger, without sorrow, breath is just a clock... ticking.

Chef

Quote from: Guido Finucci

LOOK AT MY MONIKER, FOOL!

CHEF D,
IS SICK OF HAVING TO EXPLAIN THESE THINGS TO STUPID OPIEZ.