News:

CAN'T A BROTHER GET A LITTLE PEACE?

Main Menu

IF YOU PUT OIL IN YOUR PASTA WATER

Started by Chef, October 08, 2004, 08:07:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trollax

Further... if the grease contained in the flaver sachet of one packet of instant noodles is enough to change the structure of approximately half a litre of water in such that it will boil over the pot and onto the stovetop if added all at once. how much oil would you need to do the same?

Guido Finucci

Quote from: St. Trollax, ODDFurther... if the grease contained in the flaver sachet of one packet of instant noodles is enough to change the structure of approximately half a litre of water in such that it will boil over the pot and onto the stovetop if added all at once. how much oil would you need to do the same?

Hint: it isn't the grease that does that and it isn't, "changing the structure of [the] water". It is the sudden addition of many, many gas nucleation points (the powdered flavour stuff) that allows water vapour to form lots of bubbles. The grease and stuff do help the foam hang around for a bit longer but that's about it.

Trollax

Quote from: Guido Finucci
Quote from: St. Trollax, ODDFurther... if the grease contained in the flaver sachet of one packet of instant noodles is enough to change the structure of approximately half a litre of water in such that it will boil over the pot and onto the stovetop if added all at once. how much oil would you need to do the same?

Hint: it isn't the grease that does that and it isn't, "changing the structure of [the] water". It is the sudden addition of many, many gas nucleation points (the powdered flavour stuff) that allows water vapour to form lots of bubbles. The grease and stuff do help the foam hang around for a bit longer but that's about it.

aha, all I needed to no, thankyou herr ferret

East Coast Hustle

what the fuck is a "half a litre"? what the fuck is that? fuckin' metric-talking bastards... 8)
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Felix

It's british.  Think, "A big gulp"

Trollax

Quote from: Turd Fergusonwhat the fuck is a "half a litre"? what the fuck is that? fuckin' metric-talking bastards... 8)

at least my measuring system is in an easy ratio with its own number system you imperialist freak!

namu

Quote from: Turd Fergusonwhat the fuck is a "half a litre"? what the fuck is that? fuckin' metric-talking bastards... 8)
Half a litre is approximately a pint.
Namu the Maxwell Angel
--
United we stand, divided we run free at last !

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: St. Trollax, ODD

at least my measuring system is in an easy ratio with its own number system you imperialist freak!

ahh...so you prefer a sensible, well-ordered measuring system....aneristic impostor.... 8)

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Felix

Do not forget, Turd, that the Aneristic order is of apparent order.  This is not to say that order is not useful.  The brain primarily recognizes patterns, so it's not so hard to see that naturally we'd measure things on a base ten system.

All hail the gallon. >.>

chaosgraves:agentoferis

I'm practicing for evolution... base twelve muther fuckers.
Constitution?!?!? Isn't that a D&D stat.

East Coast Hustle

*high-fives Psymoon with drop-rocks at the end*

8)

namu

Namu the Maxwell Angel
--
United we stand, divided we run free at last !

East Coast Hustle

*sneaks a look at Namu's six-fingered hand*

Hello....my name is Inigo Montoya...you kill my father...prepare to die...

8)

Mad Skillz

y'all put oil in yo' pasta water, just means y'allz some busta-ass muhfuhs that probably live in tha suburbz in some condos or some shit...reel gangstas don't gots to worry 'bout that shit cuz they cain't 'ford nothin' more than some ramen noodles anyway...maybe a jumbo jack once in a while, fo' a treat. dig.
Go 'head an' th'ow yo' set, dawg, cuz I'se a'edy th'owin' HEAT!!

EraPassing

I burn the noodles.  Every time.  Even when I'm standing over the damned pot with a wooden spoon in my hand.
Screw the oil.  Screw the noodles, while you're at it.
The only Italian food I can cook is Chef Boyardee.
Elves suck.
Yeah, I said it, I went there.  Whatcha gonna do?