News:

Testimonial: "Yeah, wasn't expecting it. Near shat myself."

Main Menu

Best change.org petition ever.

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, November 16, 2011, 07:17:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

http://www.change.org/petitions/the-internet-stop-making-online-petitions#

QuoteOnline petitions are useless, and pretty much a waste of time. Decision-makers are more concerned about the opinions of their political constituencies, whether they be voters in a specific district or special interest groups, than unverified names from the Internet. Signing online petitions makes people feel like they are doing something to help the world, when in fact they are actually doing nothing.

Even the few seconds spend signing an online petition could better be spent doing something else for change.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Could I just tighten up the wording on that a bit?  I feel I have value to add, here.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cain

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 16, 2011, 07:19:33 PM
Could I just tighten up the wording on that a bit?  I feel I have value to add, here.

DO IT

I will forward it to Zach and maybe he'll put in an edit.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel on November 16, 2011, 08:02:14 PM
Could I just tighten up the wording on that a bit?  I feel I have value to add, here.

DO IT

k

QuoteThis petition is aimed at the members of Facebook in general, and concerns online petitions.  We, the undersigned, are truly sick and tired of getting these fucking things, and the complacent "I'm making a difference" BULLSHIT you people feed yourselves.  Doctors Without Borders make a difference.  Amnesty International makes a difference.  These Occupy Wall Street people might make a difference.  YOU, on the other hand, just get older and fatter while you spew out these meaningless and trite petitions that NOBODY WILL PAY ANY ATTENTION TO.  

I can hear you now..."I'm just happy to get the word out".  Well, that subject that's so near & dear to your hearts?  EVERYBODY ALREADY KNOWS.  If you don't actually get off your ass and go do something, then you're PART OF THE PROBLEM.  "Liking" a cause IS NOT THE SAME AS SUPPORTING IT.  If you "like" the OWS movement, but never go take part in it, you are NOT ACTUALLY HELPING.

So stop your fucking attention-whoring...Let's face it, that's ALL it is...And either shut the fuck up, or put down the economy-sized Doritos and GO DO SOMETHING MEANINGFUL WITH WHAT'S LEFT OF YOUR STINKING, USELESS LIFE.

Dunno.  Maybe I could be a little more clear about it.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 16, 2011, 08:16:59 PM
Quote from: Nigel on November 16, 2011, 08:02:14 PM
Could I just tighten up the wording on that a bit?  I feel I have value to add, here.

DO IT

k

QuoteThis petition is aimed at the members of Facebook in general, and concerns online petitions.  We, the undersigned, are truly sick and tired of getting these fucking things, and the complacent "I'm making a difference" BULLSHIT you people feed yourselves.  Doctors Without Borders make a difference.  Amnesty International makes a difference.  These Occupy Wall Street people might make a difference.  YOU, on the other hand, just get older and fatter while you spew out these meaningless and trite petitions that NOBODY WILL PAY ANY ATTENTION TO.  

I can hear you now..."I'm just happy to get the word out".  Well, that subject that's so near & dear to your hearts?  EVERYBODY ALREADY KNOWS.  If you don't actually get off your ass and go do something, then you're PART OF THE PROBLEM.  "Liking" a cause IS NOT THE SAME AS SUPPORTING IT.  If you "like" the OWS movement, but never go take part in it, you are NOT ACTUALLY HELPING.

So stop your fucking attention-whoring...Let's face it, that's ALL it is...And either shut the fuck up, or put down the economy-sized Doritos and GO DO SOMETHING MEANINGFUL WITH WHAT'S LEFT OF YOUR STINKING, USELESS LIFE.

Dunno.  Maybe I could be a little more clear about it.

:lulz: Sending this to him now.