News:

OK fuckers, let me out of here. I farted for you, what more do you want from me? Jesus fuck.

Main Menu

Another Libertarian Utopia

Started by BabylonHoruv, November 18, 2011, 05:39:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BabylonHoruv

http://www.fastcoexist.com/1678720/former-seasteaders-come-ashore-to-start-libertarian-utopias-in-honduran-jungle#disqus_thread

The seasteading folks are apparently coming ashore in Honduras.

I'm curious to see how they'll react when they get hit by a hurricane, or when Honduras decides that they do actually want taxes after all.
You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl

The Good Reverend Roger

They're all gonna die of disease.

Boo hoo hoo.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cain

Are these the same jungles were Los Zeta, who the government has recently started a massive fight back against, also live in?

Because, and maybe it's just me, but I can't see the Honduran government being terribly discerning between one group of overly armed drug users and another.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on November 18, 2011, 05:46:13 PM
Are these the same jungles were Los Zeta, who the government has recently started a massive fight back against, also live in?

Because, and maybe it's just me, but I can't see the Honduran government being terribly discerning between one group of overly armed drug users and another.

It's not just that, Cain.  The jungle EATS equipment and supplies (you may have heard of "The Amazon Effect", from a similar effort decades ago), and there's nothing like a little yellow fever to liven things up.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cain

I hadn't heard the term, but I can believe it.  Humidity is a bitch, and ruins everything.  And if the rainforest has a good supply of anything, it's water and heat.  Also venomous spiders, but the less said about those, the better...

BabylonHoruv

Quote from: Cain on November 18, 2011, 05:46:13 PM

The Honduran president actually approached the Libertarians, so I doubt they'll be shooting at each other, at least for a while.

The Libertarians and Los Zetas might be shooting at one another though.  That way Los Zetas could stand in for the pirates that would take down seasteaders.
You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl

Juana

Because all American attempts to live in that area have gone well. :lulz: But I suppose at least they were invited this time, at least.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Dysfunctional Cunt

QuoteThe startup may have found its first taker in Honduras, whose government amended its constitution in January to permit the creation of special autonomous zones exempt from local and federal laws

:lulz:

Oh yeah, that's plausible deniability being set up...

I'm so terribly sorry that your entire party is being held for ransom, you are not in our jurisdiction.....  :lulz:

Nephew Twiddleton

I like the idea of hondurans eventually demanding that they learn spanish.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: BabylonHoruv on November 18, 2011, 05:39:57 PM
http://www.fastcoexist.com/1678720/former-seasteaders-come-ashore-to-start-libertarian-utopias-in-honduran-jungle#disqus_thread

The seasteading folks are apparently coming ashore in Honduras.

I'm curious to see how they'll react when they get hit by a hurricane, or when Honduras decides that they do actually want taxes after all.

Oh my god.  :lulz: This is GREAT.

Actually, if it weren't for political unrest and the complete lack of social services, I would LOVE to live in Honduras.

but this is fabulous just because it's guaranteed to be a fabulous clusterfuck.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

trippinprincezz13

Quote from: Khara on November 18, 2011, 06:14:16 PM
QuoteThe startup may have found its first taker in Honduras, whose government amended its constitution in January to permit the creation of special autonomous zones exempt from local and federal laws

I'm so terribly sorry that your entire party is being held for ransom, you are not in our jurisdiction.....  :lulz:

:lulz: They don't want government intervention after all.  Bets on how quickly they come crying for help when something like this, or equally unpleasant happens?
There's no sun shine coming through her ass, if you are sure of your penis.

Paranoia is a disease unto itself, and may I add, the person standing next to you, may not be who they appear to be, so take precaution.

If there is no order in your sexual life it may be difficult to stay with a whole skin.

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: trippinprincezz13 on November 18, 2011, 06:28:14 PM
Quote from: Khara on November 18, 2011, 06:14:16 PM

:lulz: They don't want government intervention after all.  Bets on how quickly they come crying for help when something like this, or equally unpleasant happens?

EXACTLY!!  :lulz: