News:

TESTEMONAIL:  Right and Discordianism allows room for personal interpretation. You have your theories and I have mine. Unlike Christianity, Discordia allows room for ideas and opinions, and mine is well-informed and based on ancient philosophy and theology, so, my neo-Discordian friends, open your minds to my interpretation and I will open my mind to yours. That's fair enough, right? Just claiming to be discordian should mean that your mind is open and willing to learn and share ideas. You guys are fucking bashing me and your laughing at my theologies and my friends know what's up and are laughing at you and honestly this is my last shot at putting a label on my belief structure and your making me lose all hope of ever finding a ideological group I can relate to because you don't even know what the fuck I'm talking about and everything I have said is based on the founding principals of real Discordianism. Expand your mind.

Main Menu

Biopiracy - India vs Monsanto

Started by Cramulus, November 18, 2011, 07:01:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: 'Kai' ZLB, M.S. on November 20, 2011, 02:41:34 AM
In any case, GM organisms are not the evil here, rather, it's the monopolizing corporations like Monsanto acting as robber barons over the farmers of North America that are the real problem.

:mittens: :mittens: :mittens:

Excellent description!!

Cainad (dec.)

This is awesome; go India!

And thanks for sharing that story, Khara. I knew Monsanto are scum, but I knew of very few specific cases (and I don't think I'd heard of them screwing over American farmers before, either. I bet they try to keep that hushed up).

In semi-related info, my university's current president used to work for Monsanto. :x

Reginald Ret

Quote from: Triple Zero on November 18, 2011, 08:30:12 PM
Interesting. Though I take issue with the term "frankencrop", since it seems to imply that GM food is inherently bad, while so far it's been mostly Monsanto's corporate politics that are the real evil (well, that and monocultures, but really mainly Monsanto being evil fucks). It kinda bugs me cause it causes the eco hippies to focus on health risks and such which is a red herring because this is about bigass corporate systems being evil and GM can actually (afaik) be used for good as well.
People should reread frankenstein, The frankencrop is a gentle confused soul it's all other plants that are monster-cunts for wanting to kill frankencrop.
Wait, that metaphore got confused somehow.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"