News:

PD.COM:  Mindlessly hitting the refresh button for weeks on end.

Main Menu

DWARF? PLANET

Started by wudgar, November 21, 2011, 04:35:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wudgar

I, for one, find the term "dwarf planet" sizeist, offensive and beneath the dignity of our Lady of Discord.

I propose the less pejorative term Petite Planet.

I had a better name for Her moon as well, but I can't think of the word offhand.

Try the waitress, tip your tuna.
Shameless whoring; www.zazzle.com/wudgar

Pæs

What? FYI, we're not actually Discordians.

Kai

Oh jesus, we got another Discordian.

I know theres a disclaimer in the news bar (somewhere) that says we're not actually discordians, but maybe we need to make it clearer. Somewhere in big bold letters.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

wudgar

Sorry, posted that in the wrong forum.
What I meant to post was...
Stop making CP!!! It's bad.

Faust

Eris is good but its no yuggeth.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Nephew Twiddleton

Dimo did get on the topic of changing stellar categories on the grounds that theyre not consistent. It would have been in september or october. It was an interesting thread and not at all unnecessarily zany.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Freeky

Quote from: 'Kai' ZLB, M.S. on November 21, 2011, 06:23:28 AM
Oh jesus, we got another Discordian.

I know theres a disclaimer in the news bar (somewhere) that says we're not actually discordians, but maybe we need to make it clearer. Somewhere in big bold letters.

Yes, I think it says "We're actually about disco, but thanks for playing."  Or words to that effect.

Reginald Ret

Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

The Good Reverend Roger

SON OF A BITCH!

THIS IS THREAD NUMBER 14 ABOUT THIS STUPID FUCKING HIPPIE CRAP.

SHUT

THE

FUCK

UP
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

LMNO

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: wudgar on November 21, 2011, 04:35:08 AM
I, for one, find the term "dwarf planet" sizeist, offensive and beneath the dignity of our Lady of Discord.

I propose the less pejorative term Petite Planet.

I had a better name for Her moon as well, but I can't think of the word offhand.

Try the waitress, tip your tuna.

Seriously, you must think that EVERYONE ELSE ON THE PLANET lives under a rock if you imagine that this is somehow a topic that hasn't been discussed to death here. Thanks for insulting everyone's intelligence by bringing up news that is ALMOST SIX YEARS OLD.

BTW, did you hear Obama won? We have our first black President! LOL23PINEALFNORD!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

wudgar

Yes it was evil of me but I just love hearing the monkeys howl.

Thanks for playing everyone.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: wudgar on November 22, 2011, 05:45:02 AM

Oh look! We all did just what he expected us to do.

:lulz:

You're a living trope!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Phox

Quote from: Nigel on November 22, 2011, 07:11:13 AM
Quote from: wudgar on November 22, 2011, 05:45:02 AM

Oh look! We all did just what he expected us to do.

:lulz:

You're a living trope!
D'awww! I thought I did something completely unexpected.  :cry: