News:

PD.com: Trimming your hair in accordance with the anarchoprimitivist lifestyle

Main Menu

Walking through doorways causes forgetting, research shows

Started by Triple Zero, November 21, 2011, 01:00:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Placid Dingo

If you're dealin with sone and their adrenalin is too high they're in 'no no no' mode.

Changing context is also a way to deal with this.
Haven't paid rent since 2014 with ONE WEIRD TRICK.

Elder Iptuous

you are suggesting that one might lead the unruly sone through a doorway to better their odds of persuading them?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Placid Dingo on November 23, 2011, 11:26:33 AM
If you're dealin with sone and their adrenalin is too high they're in 'no no no' mode.

Changing context is also a way to deal with this.

wat
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Elder Iptuous

unrelated:
Roger, every time you see a discontinuity in a post and reply 'wat', it makes me think of something like

which is odd, but somehow pleasing.

Dysfunctional Cunt

Y'all drank all that scotch when I left the room didn't you?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Iptuous on November 23, 2011, 03:21:12 PM
unrelated:
Roger, every time you see a discontinuity in a post and reply 'wat', it makes me think of something like

which is odd, but somehow pleasing.

Oddly enough, the same image was in MY head, except it had Nigel and LMNO with big fucking chainsaws, chasing Buddhists around while singing Gerry Rafferty songs.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Dysfunctional Cunt

Elder Iptuous

as they rightly deserve!
"why you runnin', monk?! you wouldn't have to suffer if you weren't so attached to you entrails!"

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Iptuous on November 23, 2011, 03:26:19 PM
as they rightly deserve!
"why you runnin', monk?! you wouldn't have to suffer if you weren't so attached to you entrails!"

LMNO: "IF YOU'VE DONE NOTHING WRONG, THEN YOU AND YOUR TULPA HAVE NOTHING TO BE AFRAID OF!"

Nigel:  "Yeeeaah, this is my way, of telling you that every day I'm loving you so much more..."

Chainsaw:   BZZZZZZZZZZZZRRRRRRUUUUUNK!

LMNO

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 23, 2011, 03:28:42 PM

Nigel:  "Yeeeaah, this is my way, of telling you that every day I'm loving you so much more..."

STOP! In the maim of love, before you eat my heart...
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Net on November 23, 2011, 03:58:32 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 23, 2011, 03:28:42 PM

STOP! In the maim of love, before you eat my heart...

Not Gerry Rafferty.

There are protocols to follow here.

LMNO

Way down the street there's a light in his place
He opens the door
He's got that look on his face
             /

Rococo Modem Basilisk

Since the doorway thing is a trained response, presumably it wouldn't have the same effect if you walked through the doorway backwards -- you'd be able to impose an entirely different meaning on doing that (which may be why it's part of some funerary rites). Cram's molasses doorway thing on the other hand is an amplified form of the normal doorway response (in addition to taking more time, which probably helps with the short term memory thing if I'm understanding the intent correctly).

Anyone feel like memorizing sequences of numbers and then walking backwards through doors?

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.