News:

We can't help you...in fact, we're part of the problem.

Main Menu

375 years ago today...

Started by Suu, November 22, 2011, 11:58:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suu

An egotistical prick who was kicked out of Boston for not being Puritan connived a chunk of land from Wampanoag natives who could barely speak English, and said, "What cheer?"

He founded his swampy domain solely on total religious tolerance, and named it after God's divine providence. The first Baptist Church of America and the first Jewish Temple in America were built shortly thereafter.

The first event of the American Revolution took place down stream in some little port at the time called Warwick with the burning of the HMS Gaspee, but Boston stole their glory with their namby pamby queer tea party. So, they followed with their own tea party, in which they just threw everything from the boat in the water, set shit on fire and killed people, instead. No costume required.

Built on seven hills like Rome, most of them landfill to cover the swamp, and a few re-routing of the rivers after severe hurricanes, the city would become a mecca of macabre cultists, artsy hipsters, and destitute who I swear I saw 5 years ago in downtown Boston.

Happy birthday to the East Coast capital of Discord: PROVIDENCE, RHODE ISLAND.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Cain

Also 48 years ago, blue-balled CIA assets working in their Cuba section shot JFK in the head for being able to bang both Marilyn Monroe and Jackie Kennedy

Suu

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

PopeTom

Quote from: Cain on November 23, 2011, 12:18:40 AM
Also 48 years ago, blue-balled CIA assets working in their Cuba section shot JFK in the head for being able to bang both Marilyn Monroe and Jackie Kennedy

In two years I'm going to dig him up and shoot him again for the exact same reason.
-PopeTom

I am the result of 13.75 ± 0.13 billion years of random chance. Now that I exist I see no reason to start planning and organizing everything in my life.

Random dumb luck got me here, random dumb luck will get me to where I'm going.

Hail Eris!

kingyak

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."-HST

Suu

Quote from: kingyak on November 23, 2011, 03:16:42 PM
Related: "He, Roger Williams"--Slim Cessna's Auto Club

Awesome! Where are these guys from?

Btw, the First Baptist Church in America is absolutely gorgeous. I take pics of it all the time.

kingyak

I think they're from Denver. I first heard them in a documentary by J.D. Wilkes of Th' Legendary Shack Shakers and the Dirt Daubers.
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."-HST