"15 Food Companies that Serve You 'Wood'"

Started by Kai, November 23, 2011, 03:29:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dysfunctional Cunt

This thread is not about a meal with a "happy ending" which the title implies......   :argh!:

What?  You know some of you thought the same thing....  :lulz:

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Nigel on November 23, 2011, 09:02:22 AM
Sorry, that may have been a bit Dawkins Fallacy of me. But as far as I can tell, added plant fiber isn't actually hurting anyone... especially not in this gluttonous country. If you're buying reduced fat cookies, more undigestible fiber is probably your friend.

Yes.

I think I heard somewhere that a human in its natural environment (ie, before the Industrial era) is supposed to poo like 3 times a day.

How often does that happen to anyone unless they've been on a bender or had a lot of beans?
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Cramulus

I definitely poop 3 times a day.

I'm trying to get up to 5.

TBH most of the time I just go to the bathroom out of boredom.

drinking coffee all day doesn't help

Elder Iptuous

what is the advantage of poop frequency? (apart from the added reading time)

Cramulus

Elder Iptuous

you should see the poop my 4yo produces.  he has constipation issues sometimes, and occasionally passes a sample the size of his forearm.  this is not hyperbole.
we have found that aloe juice does the trick in keeping him regular, and no longer suffering on the commode like he once did, but he will still from time to time walk into the room and announce that he 'pooped a telephone pole', or 'pooped a train', and it requires our admiration.

Triple Zero

It does!!

Sometimes I wish I could still announce my epic poops to people for admiration.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Cramulus

I'd be happy to start a thread for that

I'm sure Richter would use it too

Triple Zero

Until that time, I'll just use this thread.

It's in the right subforum, after all.
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

Precious Moments Zalgo

This reminds me of another article I read while back.  The author was trying to make high fructose corn syrup as scary as possible by listing the steps of the process by which it's made in the most technical terms he could.  One of the steps was described as something about using beta-amylase to convert polysaccharides into monosaccharides.  I posted a comment, "Oh, so they malt the corn, and then use the naturally present enzymes to convert the starches into simple sugars.  Got it."
I will answer ANY prayer for $39.95.*

*Unfortunately, I cannot give refunds in the event that the answer is no.

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Precious Moments Zalgo on November 30, 2011, 09:24:58 PM
This reminds me of another article I read while back.  The author was trying to make high fructose corn syrup as scary as possible by listing the steps of the process by which it's made in the most technical terms he could.  One of the steps was described something about using beta-amylase to convert polysaccharides into monosaccharides.  I posted a comment, "Oh, so they malt the corn, and then use the naturally present enzymes to convert the starches into simple sugars.  Got it."

This is what irks me about high fructose corn syrup.  It's the problem those pro-corn syrup commercials have as well.

The problem with high fructose corn syrup isn't that it's deadly to consume.  THE PROBLEM WITH HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP IS IT THAT IT'S IN EVERYFUCKING THING.  EVERYWHERE.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Precious Moments Zalgo

HFCS is bad in the same sense that all simple sugars are bad, i.e. OK in moderation but too much is harmful.  I have been told that HFCS is metabolized more quickly than other sugars, so it might be slightly worse.  It's by far the cheapest form of sugar on the market.  When I see it in a list of ingredients, it tells me that the manufacturer is more interested in saving money than in producing a quality product, and that's the main reason I avoid it.

Triple Zero

Quote from: Precious Moments Zalgo on November 30, 2011, 09:50:02 PMIt's by far the cheapest form of sugar on the US market.

Fixed. We use sugar beets here. Other places use cane, or whatever. The US just has a lot of corn.

Also, compared to whatever kind of sugar, artificial sweeteners like aspartame or sucralose are practically free. I'm still not sure whether aspartame is bad for you or not (though some people do have bad reactions to it), I just avoid it because the aftertaste is yucky. Sucralose, while it doesn't taste quite like sugar, is not bad for you.

Precious Moments Zalgo

Quote from: Triple Zero on November 30, 2011, 10:05:23 PM
Quote from: Precious Moments Zalgo on November 30, 2011, 09:50:02 PMIt's by far the cheapest form of sugar on the US market.

Fixed. We use sugar beets here. Other places use cane, or whatever. The US just has a lot of corn.

Also, compared to whatever kind of sugar, artificial sweeteners like aspartame or sucralose are practically free. I'm still not sure whether aspartame is bad for you or not (though some people do have bad reactions to it), I just avoid it because the aftertaste is yucky. Sucralose, while it doesn't taste quite like sugar, is not bad for you.
Thanks, Trip.  Sorry about my Amerocentrism.  We subsidize the fuck out of corn, and that's the main reason HFCS is so cheap here.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Triple Zero on November 30, 2011, 10:05:23 PM

Sucralose gives me gut cramps and the explosive runs like a motherfucker. In that sense, it's definitely bad for me.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."