News:

PD.com forums: a disorganized echo-chamber full of concordian, Greyfaced radical left-wing nutjobs who honestly believe they can take down imaginary Nazis by distributing flyers. They are highly-suspicious of all newcomers and hostile to almost everyone, including themselves. The only thing they don't take seriously is Discordianism.

Main Menu

Grand Theft Auto Game Review.

Started by B23.77, October 11, 2004, 03:00:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

B23.77

CannedLizard

Would that be the first, second, third or Vice City one?
POEE Pre-Chaplain Neon Irwin of the Bahumbug Pre-Cabal, CG, UE, KoBaSN

B23.77

There's also the new San Andreas one.  I've played all the ones before that.  It's pretty fun to turn into a monster sometimes and make as much evil blood and gore as humanly possible on a realistic playing field.  I think all wars should be waged in video games.  It's the new cure for real war.  It was a good evil game.  The culture masters of GTA are definitely headed in the right wrong direction.
And that, as they say, is that.

Felix

It'd work were it for people having a whit of sense.  In accordance with the rules of Bureaucracy, nothing productive happens.  But in deference with said laws, things still happen.  So it has a chance all things considered.

CannedLizard

Oh, is San Andreas out now?

Not that it matters, I'll be waiting for the PC version, which should take a year or so.
POEE Pre-Chaplain Neon Irwin of the Bahumbug Pre-Cabal, CG, UE, KoBaSN

B23.77

SA's not out yet.  Not sure when it hits the shelves.  I'd have to find my Playstation magazine.  I wonder what the playstation 3 will look like.  Probably have holographic television by then.

East Coast Hustle

I heard a rumor that that's what the PS3 is waiting on...same rumor says that 3D TV is no more than a year or two off...so don't go blow a bunch of $$$ on HDTV....
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

fluffy

3d tv (without them glaseses) is a generation or more away
holographic tv is a few nobel prizes off

waste your money on whatever you want

the bunny has spoken

Horab Fibslager

holographic tv was invented in the 80's. needless to say it sucked.
Hell is other people.

~~~~Closed~~~~

Quote from: BlearghSA's not out yet.  Not sure when it hits the shelves.  I'd have to find my Playstation magazine.  I wonder what the playstation 3 will look like.  Probably have holographic television by then.

October 18

saint aini

Quote from: BlearghKILL!  KILL!  KILL!

Quote from: Arlo GuthrieAnd I went up there, I said, "Shrink, I want to kill.  I mean, I wanna, I
wanna kill.  Kill.  I wanna, I wanna see, I wanna see blood and gore and
guts and veins in my teeth.  Eat dead burnt bodies. I mean kill, Kill,
KILL, KILL."  And I started jumpin up and down yelling, "KILL, KILL," and
he started jumpin up and down with me and we was both jumping up and down
yelling, "KILL, KILL."  And the sargent came over, pinned a medal on me,
sent me down the hall, said, "You're our boy."
Mary: Let me ask you something.
[Grabs his hand]
Mary: Why are you alive?
John Preston: [Breaks free] I'm alive... I live... to safeguard the continuity of this great society. To serve Libria.
Mary: It's circular. You exist to continue your existence. What's the point?
John Preston: What's the point of your existence?
Mary: To feel. 'Cause you've never done it, you can never know it. But it's as vital as breath. And without it, without love, without anger, without sorrow, breath is just a clock... ticking.

B23.77

Alice's restaurant.  I gnew I copylefted that off of somewhere.  I wonder if Webster's is copyright.

~~~~Closed~~~~

the release date for San Andreas was pushed back to October 26th. so my earlier post is out dated.

eighteen buddha strike

Seeing as the Max Payne type of games suck pretty hard, GTA is about as close as I can get to Hard Boiled-esque bullet ballet. Still, the best thing about that game is probably just walking around and listening to what people say, before and after you brandish a firearm at them.

Horab Fibslager

Quote from: Eighteen Buddha StrikeSeeing as the Max Payne type of games suck pretty hard, GTA is about as close as I can get to Hard Boiled-esque bullet ballet. Still, the best thing about that game is probably just walking around and listening to what people say, before and after you brandish a firearm at them.

bullet balet?

it's bascially 'hold auto aim, mash trigger, repeat"  max payne despite shitty story(so i;ve heard) i sway more bullet balet oriented than gta ever will be(well maybe not, maybe htey'll throw soem strafe lunges/dives/rolls.)
which reminsd me, teh best way to get through a a aera of thick fighting in swbf is to simpyl strafe roll your way through it. totalyl lame bu ttotally funn y too.
Hell is other people.