Nine Years of Trying to Explain My Position, part II of V

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, November 30, 2011, 04:57:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Officer What's His /b/ear on December 10, 2013, 02:23:18 AM
FUCK!
SET EVERYTHING ON FIRE!

Also lawl at the rich couple.

It occurs to me that you youngins might never have actually seen the abomination known as "Gilligan's Island".

It was sort of like 1950 filmed in 1970, only the producers were all on bad crank and suffering from 4th stage syphilis.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Ben Shapiro

I remember seeing some special when I was younger when they finally left the island. I think it was 2-3 hour special. My wife watched a lot of the T.V. from the "good old days". I was more into "Amen", and "Mama's Family."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Officer What's His /b/ear on December 10, 2013, 02:27:26 AM
I remember seeing some special when I was younger when they finally left the island. I think it was 2-3 hour special. My wife watched a lot of the T.V. from the "good old days". I was more into "Amen", and "Mama's Family."

The good old days of television make "Survivor" look like Goddamn Shakespeare.  Every TV producer from 1950-2000, except for Gene Roddenberry, should be shoved into traffic in their wheelchairs.  Bastards.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Ben Shapiro

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on December 10, 2013, 02:29:03 AM

The good old days of television make "Survivor" look like Goddamn Shakespeare.  Every TV producer from 1950-2000, except for Gene Roddenberry, should be shoved into traffic in their wheelchairs.  Bastards.

LUCY!!!!

Pæs

Somehow I remember watching a lot of Gilligan's Island but am only 24. This is the kind of stuff they do on television in upside-down land. When we run out of hobbits and wizards, it's reruns from the 70s and curfew is imposed until the series is over.

Ben Shapiro

Quote from: Pæs on December 10, 2013, 02:31:40 AM
Somehow I remember watching a lot of Gilligan's Island but am only 24. This is the kind of stuff they do on television in upside-down land. When we run out of hobbits and wizards, it's reruns from the 70s and curfew is imposed until the series is over.

Good old fashioned values!

I haven't seen any reruns of matlock, or night rider yet.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

OH GOD OH GOD OH GOD I KNOW

And then you get these contemptuous fucks who are like "TV is such trash these days"

Um

Um

Um

I DARE them to go back and watch old TV. It was HORRIBLE.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Pæs

Quote from: Officer What's His /b/ear on December 10, 2013, 02:32:41 AM
Quote from: Pæs on December 10, 2013, 02:31:40 AM

Good old fashioned values!

I haven't seen any reruns of matlock, or night rider yet.
We got reruns of both.

I remember Knight Rider because we missed our chance to get the shopping done before they boarded up the doors and started the broadcast. You'd be surprised how many common household objects are edible.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Radagast's Red Velvet Pancake Puppies on December 10, 2013, 02:33:24 AM

OH GOD OH GOD OH GOD I KNOW

And then you get these contemptuous fucks who are like "TV is such trash these days"

Um

Um

Um

I DARE them to go back and watch old TV. It was HORRIBLE.

Nick at Night should be enshrined as a means by which to educate people on how bad the past was.

MASH.  Gilligan's Island.  Charles in Charge.  My Three Sons.  That fucking Green Acres.

And don't even get me started on Welcome Back Kotter.

The Good Reverend Roger

MASH was particularly bad.  Here's this Nurse Captain, Hoolihan, and she's trying to run a MILITARY HOSPITAL to deal with HORRIBLE WARTIME CASUALTIES.

And the heroes are all "NICE RACK, BIMBO!"

*laugh track*

Oh, and Hee Haw.   :argh!:

Eater of Clowns

I don't remember if I read the OP before, but wow am I glad I did now.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Pæs

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on December 10, 2013, 02:37:25 AM
MASH was particularly bad.  Here's this Nurse Captain, Hoolihan, and she's trying to run a MILITARY HOSPITAL to deal with HORRIBLE WARTIME CASUALTIES.

And the heroes are all "NICE RACK, BIMBO!"

*laugh track*

Oh, and Hee Haw.   :argh!:
And the rare occasion that she manages to chase a bit of wartime romance with Frank or someone else, manages to find someone who wants something more than to ogle and objectify her, the rest of the unit prank her and make the tent fall down to embarrass them, or set up an elaborate series of tricks such that they are both running all about the camp and always missing each other and the audience supports them. NOPE, TRY AGAIN LATER, BACK TO THE TRAUMATIC INJURIES AND DYING INNOCENCE OF SOLDIERCHILDREN.

THE MASH WIKIA HAS AN ENTIRE SECTION DEDICATED TO HER ASS: http://mash.wikia.com/wiki/Margaret_%22Hot_Lips%22_Houlihan#Rear

Ben Shapiro

Reginald Ret

I have no taste and i always liked MASH. But i am repeating myself.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Q. G. Pennyworth