News:

What the fuck is a homonym?  It's something that sounds gay.

Main Menu

Nine Years of Trying to Explain My Position, part II of V

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, November 30, 2011, 04:57:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I loved MASH as a kid. But I was SIX. As an adult, the sexism is fairly horrifying.

More horrifying? It was considered progressive for the time because it had women in nontraditional roles.

Progressive. For the time.

Just let that sink in.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

hooplala

"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

LMNO

Junkenstein

Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Junkenstein on December 10, 2013, 06:54:09 PM
Nice. Did this get continued?

There's a part III, if you search for it.  And thanks to Stella, I'm gonna finish the series.  Ho ho.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Reginald Ret

Quote from: Radagast's Red Velvet Pancake Puppies on December 10, 2013, 05:01:07 PM
I loved MASH as a kid. But I was SIX. As an adult, the sexism is fairly horrifying.

More horrifying? It was considered progressive for the time because it had women in nontraditional roles.

Progressive. For the time.

Just let that sink in.
I haven't watched it in a while. So that may be an element.
Luckily I have a quite strong suspension of disbelief and near limitless faith in humanity's goodness (It is what i need to maintain my misanthropy, disappointment doesn't come from realism, you know.) I can watch Starship Troopers and like it for it's edgy mockery of propaganda. I watch Arnold Schwarzenegger fo their philosophical messages for fuck's sake. MASH is comparatively easy.

Progressive for the time is a horrible thought, I'm just glad we progressed quite a bit further.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"