News:

Testimonial: "It's just honestly sad that a place like this exists"

Main Menu

Purple Manifesto

Started by Irreverend Hugh, KSC, May 25, 2003, 09:25:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Commander

I find all the advice on "learing" how to lucid dream quite odd.  As far back as I remember almost every dream I have had has been lucid.  Particularly the ones that occure the few moments before I wake up.  Maybe it was all that acid my Mom did before I was born.

The Commander
The Commander
DIA
Discordian Intelligence Agency

The Commander

Ooops!  Did I say "learing"?  Obviously I meant "leering".  Pardon me.

The Commander
The Commander
DIA

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

But can you astral travel from your dream to another's dream and then return back to yours? OBEs can be quite the 'trip' when doing them while dreaming.
"Time for the tin-foil hats, girls and boys!"

Trollax

The dreamworlds are weird... Entirely self-contained, fully malleable, having their own rules yet also reliant upon "conscious" input.
There are rules and tendencies there somewhere, but not as we know them Jim.

My personal experience with them has revealed that so long as you know where you are, and you're mind is under control it's pretty much free reign, unless you come across a few of the more vicious allaphors...

~Dreamtimely Trollax~

The Commander

Can't say I have astral traveled, well, not entirely, and not with my knowledge.  I did buy a book on astral travel once.  It had a naked lady on the cover.  

I like naked ladies. :)

The Commander
DIA
The Commander
DIA

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

Try it. I believe all of us can learn to consciously do it. I've been learning it for a short time now and it has been quite the adventure. We all do it unconsciously anyway.

The Commander

I have had the experiance of being shot back into my body and awaking with a jump.  From what I understand that happens during Astral Travel.

The Commander
DIA
The Commander
DIA

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

Keep it up and soon you'll be able to travel to other places in this world and see what is going on.

The Commander

What does it mean when you have a reram of a witch sitting on your chest, and you wake up and you can't breath until you make enough flailing noises to wake up your girlfriend and she shakes you till you can breathe?  

Honest injun that happened to me.  It was scary as hell.

The Commander
DIA
The Commander
DIA

SMFabal

Quote from: The CommanderWhat does it mean when you have a reram of a witch sitting on your chest, and you wake up and you can't breath until you make enough flailing noises to wake up your girlfriend and she shakes you till you can breathe?  

Honest injun that happened to me.  It was scary as hell.

The Commander
DIA

It means either 1) You're to fat to sleep on your back 2) you have sleep apnea or 3) you have more issues than DC & Marvel combined!  :P
SMFabal, High Pope of CoCK, PSP, CW, KSC, FP, GH, MORBJ

Q: How serious are you about this whole "Discordian" thing?
A: A blue fish Tuesday!
Q: No really, it this, like, deeply philosphical, or just a huge joke?
A: Yes.

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

Or you have met an energy vampire. They don't often present a real threat to your safety, as they can only exhaust you, and you make up the energy loss by sleeping a few more hours. You'd have to describe the situation a little better...(more details) in order for me to determine what is happening. Many times it is just a sleep/waking sync problem.

One way to be sure is to shield your aura before sleeping. It's like building up psychic immunity through exercise. There are various ways to do so. Generally, energy vampires don't present enough of a problem to most people unless you happen to live somewhere where one or more of them are also living.

If this is a real problem, feel free to personal message me about it and I can suggest ways to handle it.

The Commander

QuoteOr you have met an energy vampire. They don't often present a real threat to your safety, as they can only exhaust you, and you make up the energy loss by sleeping a few more hours. You'd have to describe the situation a little better...(more details) in order for me to determine what is happening. Many times it is just a sleep/waking sync problem.

One way to be sure is to shield your aura before sleeping. It's like building up psychic immunity through exercise. There are various ways to do so. Generally, energy vampires don't present enough of a problem to most people unless you happen to live somewhere where one or more of them are also living.

If this is a real problem, feel free to personal message me about it and I can suggest ways to handle it.

This happened a few years back.  My girlfriend and I were sleeping in my dorm room when I was in the Air Force.  I had this dream about a witch who ended up sitting on my chest.  Her weight began to suffocate me and when I woke up, I found I could not breathe.  Not only that, but I couldn't speak more than a moan and I couldn't move more than just flapping my arms a little.  Well, I moaned and flapped enough that my girlfriend woke up.  As soon as she touched me I caught my breath and was able to move and speak.

There was one more incident that was similar, but I don't remember the details.  Just the same waking up and not being able to breathe, then being touched and everything was alright.

I haven't had anything similar happen since then though...I think that was 8 years ago or so.

The Commander
DIA
The Commander
DIA

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

Most people have such experiences a few times in their lives. Many forget them, due to the nature of the experiences and the fact that they are often chalked up to sleep/wake sync problems.  Some of the energy vampires are unintentional and you can figure out who they are when you learn to astrally see while being on this 'plane'. Some of them are intentional, and these are usually either magickal adepts who are doing it for whatever reason, or people who have passed over, but don't want to leave the earth 'plane' for whatever reason. Intentional ones are pretty rare. Most of the time it is unintentional or accidental.

If you wish to look at this subject further, on your own, check out a book by Konstantino called "Vampires" which is written from the perspective of an experienced magickal adept. He talks about such things in a frank but no bull-shit manner. Even sceptics should read his material.

Official

Official Guest, Pirate, Ninja, Bastard, and Shit-Stirrer, at your service. (Purple Monkey Cabal)

SMFabal

I prefer the term "Facinating"
SMFabal, High Pope of CoCK, PSP, CW, KSC, FP, GH, MORBJ

Q: How serious are you about this whole "Discordian" thing?
A: A blue fish Tuesday!
Q: No really, it this, like, deeply philosphical, or just a huge joke?
A: Yes.