News:

For my part, I've replaced optimism and believing the best of people by default with a grin and the absolute 100% certainty that if they cannot find a pig to fuck, they will buy some bacon and play oinking noises on YouTube.

Main Menu

Nine Years of Trying to Explain My Position, part III of V

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, December 05, 2011, 05:16:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Richter on December 06, 2011, 03:14:04 AM
Charley knew Schroeder would keep his face out of things.  It's how he was.  Play dumb and go back to playing the piano, front it like some floosy artsy type, or the spaced out virtuoso when the questions came around.  He was on the ball though, and could key out any classical you wanted while still putting two and two together.  Arithmetic.

That's really what it was about at the end wasn't it?  The simple human arithmetic of it all. 

Linus would always add it up the same way.  If a column came out in the moral red, he had to pipe up.  (HIS moral red, mind you.  Which was a sight more exacting than anyone ever liked.)  He was read, and reasoned.  Schoolteacher.  Classics down at the local public high.  Tried to get Socrates through Hobbes into the head of anyone who wasn't immediately bound for Voc. Tech., or stymied out of intellectualism, and put into the parochials by their parents.  For all his head full of ethics and world views, he was more dualist than anyone. It came down to right or wrong for him.  If it was wrong, it was unacceptable, and you had to fix it. 
...Thing was, he argued like an idealistic intellectual too.  Thought that being "Wrong", and being told how you were "Wrong" was why you should stop.  Life doesn't work like that though, and it got him shut up.

He's still around.  He got his job back after.  After a week in the hospital, and three months in mental care for "nerves".  He latched onto this bit of fabric, a curtain, first thing he could get, and held it next to his face.  Never let it go until an hour before his discharge.
He never spoke up much after that.

Pig Pen was almost an opposite to him.  Remember the old street cleaners?  Bucket on wheels and a push broom?  That's what he did.  He must've been paid for it because he got by OK, but we never asked.  Pig PEn, he watched the city, the streets.  He knew it's laws and it's moves, the perverse human jungle.  He watched it all, the harmless trash man sweeping at the Sisyphean accumulation.  Get on his good side, and he'd quote a bit of Darwin or Kipling at you.  Not in a way that made you want to argue, but in a way that made you look at Chicago again, and somehow see it like a sunset, a forest, or a stormy ocean.  Terrible, but compelling. 
He'd just go back to sweeping it all.  At the bottom, in the shit, yet somehow above it, impervious to it.  At home.

Pig Pen would see it all happen and never bat and eyelash.  Broke one or two cases for Charles too.  Dropping him a hint or a lead that Charles would just mutter away before turning over in the dumpster to barf, but would somehow be relevant to the next folder on his desk when he finally rolled into the precinct.

Shit yeah

more tomorrow.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

DECI4

:hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer:
My-my-my-my music hits me so hard makes me say oh my Lord
Thank you for blessing me with a mind to rhyme and two hyped feet
It feels good when you know you're down
A superdope homeboy from the Oaktown
And I'm known as such
And this is a beat uh u can't touch

I told you homeboy u can't touch this
Yeah that's how we're livin' and you know u can't touch this
Look in my eyes man u can't touch this
You know let me bust the funky lyrics u can't touch this Fresh new kicks and pants
You got it like that now you know you wanna dance
So move out of your seat
And get a fly girl and catch this beat
While it's rollin' hold on pump a little bit
And let me know it's going on like that like that
Cold on a mission so pull on back
Let 'em know that you're too much
And this is a beat uh u can't touch

Yo I told you u can't touch this
Why you standing there man u can't touch this
:hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer:

http://i.imgur.com/EiZZK.jpg

BadBeast

Once he'd knocked Lucy out, he shoved the football down her throat. Only after sitting there peacefully for a minute or two, did he take the pump out from under his coat, and began to inflate it. By the time it was fully inflated, Charley, for some reason no longer wanted to play football. He also realised with a wry smile, he never really did.   
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4

The Good Reverend Roger

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

BadBeast

"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Ben Shapiro

LMNO

The Good Reverend Roger