Main Menu

Hey look, I'm not the only one....

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, December 07, 2011, 07:52:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Luna on December 08, 2011, 04:00:49 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 08, 2011, 03:55:00 AM
Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on December 08, 2011, 03:49:58 AM
How does this align with Nigel's revelation about Mr Language's "all men are deviant fucks" fallacy?

We aren't deviant.  We just aren't as advertised.  We do not in fact - as Nigel says - "do exactly what it says on the label".

Women know this, of course, and yet there's this weird social fiction that everyone chooses to agree on.

Not all men are deviant fucks.  (The fact that I can say and believe that, despite the bullshit with NYEX, is a testament to my male friends, some of whom are truly awesome.)

However, as I have heard it said, and have repeated, they were given two heads, and there doesn't seem to be enough blood in the fucking world for the poor bastards to run both at once.

That sort of reaches equilibrium at some point.  Or so I am told.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 08, 2011, 04:01:51 AM
Quote from: Nigel on December 08, 2011, 04:00:27 AM
I'm not even looking for normal.

I'm just looking for a particular brand of weird, and I can't seem to find it.

So.

When's the last time you got a really good look at THE WALL?  Because I know your brand of weird, and you ain't gonna find it at some hippie ass gallery opening.

I don't think I'm gonna find it at all, actually.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel on December 08, 2011, 04:09:18 AM

So.

When's the last time you got a really good look at THE WALL?  Because I know your brand of weird, and you ain't gonna find it at some hippie ass gallery opening.

Not if you keep looking in the same places, no.

I am in danger of forming a rant on this subject.  I can feel it rubbing against the back of my sinus cavities.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Freeky

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 08, 2011, 04:10:42 AM

So.

I am in danger of forming a rant on this subject.  I can feel it rubbing against the back of my sinus cavities.

Should we poke at it more, or let it bubble until you are able to hork it up?

Freeky

Question: How far is it reasonable to go outside of one's normal territory to search for some new blood?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Science me, babby on December 08, 2011, 04:11:31 AM

So.

Should we poke at it more, or let it bubble until you are able to hork it up?

I'm going to go to bed and choke on snot.  In the morning, the rant will be ready.

This is what we Holy MenTM do when we can't get into satori.  It's like cheating.  

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

So.

There aren't any more places for me to go. I'm stuck in this town, and I've seen about all it has.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Suu

So.

Just yesterday, I was told by a guy friend of mine that he believes that there's, "Someone for everyone".

Then, for a split second, I thought..."Holy shit. Maybe, just maybe, there someone I will willingly date, that won't turn into a total fuckwad, and I'll MARRY him. For keeps."

Then I wanted my split second back.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel on December 08, 2011, 04:12:59 AM

So.

There aren't any more places for me to go. I'm stuck in this town, and I've seen about all it has.

Balls.  There are millions of freaks in Portland.  All you have to do is screen out the lesser specimens, much as the screen in the shower stall floor traps all the horrible pounds of hair.  All that gets through is filthy water covered in funk.

And that's what we have to find for you.  Filthy goodness, covered in funk.

I think my pills are more effective when I'm sick, by the way.  Just saying.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Suu on December 08, 2011, 04:13:09 AM

Just yesterday, I was told by a guy friend of mine that he believes that there's, "Someone for everyone".

That would mean that Enki might some day breed.

As a believer in a higher power, I refute this.

Suu

You're on a fucking roll, tonight, Rog. :)
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Luna

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 08, 2011, 04:02:55 AM
Quote from: Luna on December 08, 2011, 04:00:49 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 08, 2011, 03:55:00 AM
Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on December 08, 2011, 03:49:58 AM
How does this align with Nigel's revelation about Mr Language's "all men are deviant fucks" fallacy?

We aren't deviant.  We just aren't as advertised.  We do not in fact - as Nigel says - "do exactly what it says on the label".

Women know this, of course, and yet there's this weird social fiction that everyone chooses to agree on.

Not all men are deviant fucks.  (The fact that I can say and believe that, despite the bullshit with NYEX, is a testament to my male friends, some of whom are truly awesome.)

However, as I have heard it said, and have repeated, they were given two heads, and there doesn't seem to be enough blood in the fucking world for the poor bastards to run both at once.

That sort of reaches equilibrium at some point.  Or so I am told.

Dunno, myself, but it's a good working theory, anyway.

Been trying to figure out if I'm ready to start shopping around...  I dunno, yet.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Suu on December 08, 2011, 04:16:18 AM
You're on a fucking roll, tonight, Rog. :)

I'm fucking looped, is what it is.

LMNO

Suckers. If you want a permanent Other in your life, you have to give up the Illusion that you can still live as an individual.

Companionship is a fucking STRUGGLE. Get used to it.

Freeky

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 08, 2011, 04:15:12 AM

I think my pills are more effective when I'm sick, by the way.  Just saying.

I think so, too. :lulz: