News:

Where Everybody Knows You're Lame. 

Main Menu

Hey look, I'm not the only one....

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, December 07, 2011, 07:52:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suu

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on December 08, 2011, 04:17:55 AM
Suckers. If you want a permanent Other in your life, you have to give up the Illusion that you can still live as an individual.

I'm up for it when they are.

Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

The Good Reverend Roger

Suckers. If you want a permanent Other in your life, you have to give up the Illusion that you can still live as an individual.

Companionship is a fucking STRUGGLE. Get used to it.

This.

You have to be SERIOUS about having a good time, without going so far as to be the patsy in a badwrong situation.

And who the hell wants to live as an individual?  I found that family life really agrees with me.  Just in time for the kids to start moving out on their own.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Suu

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 08, 2011, 04:22:09 AM

This.

You have to be SERIOUS about having a good time, without going so far as to be the patsy in a badwrong situation.

And who the hell wants to live as an individual?  I found that family life really agrees with me.  Just in time for the kids to start moving out on their own.

I actually had fleeting thoughts of being a stepparent, this year.

It...didn't seem terrible. Then again, I'm also convinced that I married Herb way too young at 24. Fuck, I still think I'm too young.

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Suu on December 08, 2011, 04:27:57 AM

This.

It...didn't seem terrible. Then again, I'm also convinced that I married Herb way too young at 24. Fuck, I still think I'm too young.

I had kids by 24.   :lulz:

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Luna

Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 08, 2011, 04:15:12 AM
Quote from: Nigel on December 08, 2011, 04:12:59 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 08, 2011, 04:10:42 AM
Quote from: Nigel on December 08, 2011, 04:09:18 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 08, 2011, 04:01:51 AM
Quote from: Nigel on December 08, 2011, 04:00:27 AM
I'm not even looking for normal.

I'm just looking for a particular brand of weird, and I can't seem to find it.

So.

When's the last time you got a really good look at THE WALL?  Because I know your brand of weird, and you ain't gonna find it at some hippie ass gallery opening.

I don't think I'm gonna find it at all, actually.

Not if you keep looking in the same places, no.

I am in danger of forming a rant on this subject.  I can feel it rubbing against the back of my sinus cavities.

There aren't any more places for me to go. I'm stuck in this town, and I've seen about all it has.

Balls.  There are millions of freaks in Portland.  All you have to do is screen out the lesser specimens, much as the screen in the shower stall floor traps all the horrible pounds of hair.  All that gets through is filthy water covered in funk.

And that's what we have to find for you.  Filthy goodness, covered in funk.

I think my pills are more effective when I'm sick, by the way.  Just saying.

You do seem to have more Holy™ than usual tonight.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Luna on December 08, 2011, 04:29:40 AM
I always wanted kids.

Fuck.

Everyone waits so fucking long, these days.

I'm a little old fashioned, that way.  Have 'em as soon as you can, and don't worry about things like "affording it" or "being ready".  It is actually impossible for most people to do EITHER.

But now everyone waits until they're damn near 40 to have kids.  It ain't natural.

Suu

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 08, 2011, 04:28:44 AM
Quote from: Suu on December 08, 2011, 04:27:57 AM

This.

I had kids by 24.   :lulz:

So did my parents.

I think that's why I know I was too young.

Then again, the shoggoth I have in the shape of a uterus doesn't seem to want to cook them properly, anyway. I was born to be that crazy aunt. You know...THAT ONE. The one with the mustache and pink lipstick.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel on December 08, 2011, 04:31:37 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 08, 2011, 04:15:12 AM
Quote from: Nigel on December 08, 2011, 04:12:59 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 08, 2011, 04:10:42 AM
Quote from: Nigel on December 08, 2011, 04:09:18 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 08, 2011, 04:01:51 AM
Quote from: Nigel on December 08, 2011, 04:00:27 AM
I'm not even looking for normal.

I'm just looking for a particular brand of weird, and I can't seem to find it.

So.

When's the last time you got a really good look at THE WALL?  Because I know your brand of weird, and you ain't gonna find it at some hippie ass gallery opening.

I don't think I'm gonna find it at all, actually.

Not if you keep looking in the same places, no.

I am in danger of forming a rant on this subject.  I can feel it rubbing against the back of my sinus cavities.

There aren't any more places for me to go. I'm stuck in this town, and I've seen about all it has.

Balls.  There are millions of freaks in Portland.  All you have to do is screen out the lesser specimens, much as the screen in the shower stall floor traps all the horrible pounds of hair.  All that gets through is filthy water covered in funk.

And that's what we have to find for you.  Filthy goodness, covered in funk.

I think my pills are more effective when I'm sick, by the way.  Just saying.

You do seem to have more Holy™ than usual tonight.

Apparently, it's fueled by snot.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 08, 2011, 04:31:58 AM
I always wanted kids.

Fuck.

I'm a little old fashioned, that way.  Have 'em as soon as you can, and don't worry about things like "affording it" or "being ready".  It is actually impossible for most people to do EITHER.

But now everyone waits until they're damn near 40 to have kids.  It ain't natural.

I'm glad I had mine when I was younger. My original plan was to be done breeding by the time I was 25, but my biology didn't work with me on that one.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Freeky

I don't regret the monkey, but I wish I'd discovered bipedalism and FUN before him.

Suu

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 08, 2011, 04:31:58 AM
I always wanted kids.

Fuck.

I was told, by my GYN that women are at their reproductive peak between 16-25. After that, the risk for disorders skyrockets, and you're better off just not even trying after 32 if you intend to have a complication-free pregnancy. Unfortunately, social "norms" dictates when women SHOULD give birth, not medical facts.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

All appearances to the contrary, I'm a domestic creature. It's when I don't have someone to cook for and snuggle on the couch with that I get all crazy.

This is how I know it was a damn good idea to have kids. Little fuckers settled me RIGHT down.

I'd sure like to have the other half of that, too.

Suu

Quote from: Science me, babby on December 08, 2011, 04:34:19 AM
I don't regret the monkey, but I wish I'd discovered bipedalism and FUN before him.

Never regret children. They make you a stronger person.

Suu

Quote from: Nigel on December 08, 2011, 04:35:30 AM
All appearances to the contrary, I'm a domestic creature. It's when I don't have someone to cook for and snuggle on the couch with that I get all crazy.

This is how I know it was a damn good idea to have kids. Little fuckers settled me RIGHT down.

I'd sure like to have the other half of that, too.

And your kids are fucking awesome, at that.