News:

Not just a bunch of "Trotskyist, car-hating, Hugo Chavez idolising, newt-fancying hypocrites and bendy bus fetishists."

Main Menu

Hey look, I'm not the only one....

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, December 07, 2011, 07:52:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Science me, babby on December 08, 2011, 04:34:19 AM
I don't regret the monkey, but I wish I'd discovered bipedalism and FUN before him.

Yeah, but you know that he's going to be independent and have his own fucking life when you're barely 35. It's kind of amazing when they reach the age where they're saying "Mom, weren't you going out tonight? Get out".
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Suu on December 08, 2011, 04:36:42 AM
Quote from: Nigel on December 08, 2011, 04:35:30 AM
All appearances to the contrary, I'm a domestic creature. It's when I don't have someone to cook for and snuggle on the couch with that I get all crazy.

This is how I know it was a damn good idea to have kids. Little fuckers settled me RIGHT down.

I'd sure like to have the other half of that, too.

And your kids are fucking awesome, at that.

I love the little assholes. Great little assholes, they are.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Freeky

Quote from: Nigel on December 08, 2011, 04:37:29 AM
I don't regret the monkey, but I wish I'd discovered bipedalism and FUN before him.

Yeah, but you know that he's going to be independent and have his own fucking life when you're barely 35. It's kind of amazing when they reach the age where they're saying "Mom, weren't you going out tonight? Get out".

There is that to look forward to, and also the ride to enjoy.

Suu

My mom and I are exactly 20 years apart (okay, 19 years and 51 weeks, but still). It makes it kinda awesome knowing that next summer, we'll be turning 30 and 50 at the same time. I LOVE partying with my mom, we have a fucking BLAST.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

LMNO

Quote from: Suu on December 08, 2011, 04:35:41 AM

Never regret children. They make you a stronger person.

Well, shit. I was too young when I was old enough, and several miscarriages after we figured it out, I guess we're just hoping for robots.

LMNO
- guess the childless just aren't as worthy.

Freeky

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on December 08, 2011, 04:42:18 AM

Well, shit. I was too young when I was old enough, and several miscarriages after we figured it out, I guess we're just hoping for robots.

LMNO

Please to note that I am not bitching about him, but about myself and lack of Slack?

Suu

LMNO

That's not what I meant. I can't have kids, either.

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Suu

Quote from: Science me, babby on December 08, 2011, 04:44:44 AM

LMNO

Please to note that I am not bitching about him, but about myself and lack of Slack?

I think he's implying that people without kids just aren't strong, or CAN'T be stronger people without them. Which is not at all what I implied.

I have a headache. I'm going to bed.

LMNO

Sorry, everyone. Just killed a bottle of wine, and am feeling a bit melancholy. And I think I spelled that wrong, too.

Long story short. I retract the passive/aggressive post. Kids are awesome. We can't have them.

LMNO
-bitter.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Science me, babby on December 08, 2011, 04:38:45 AM

There is that to look forward to, and also the ride to enjoy.

Everyone says "enjoy them while they're little" but frankly, I find that they get more and more fun the older they get.

Freeky

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on December 08, 2011, 04:50:08 AM
Sorry, everyone. Just killed a bottle of wine, and am feeling a bit melancholy. And I think I spelled that wrong, too.

Long story short. I retract the passive/aggressive post. Kids are awesome. We can't have them.

LMNO
-bitter.

Aw. :(

Listen... if I hadn't had them, I'd probably have To The Walled myself to death by now. The strength they gave me was the strength I needed to survive. You guys had that without having kids, and also, you have each other.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Freeky

Quote from: Nigel on December 08, 2011, 04:54:01 AM
I would like to have an "each other".

ETA:  Totally this.  Kids are great, but there's a great big hole where an Other should be, which is not and should never be a place to put your own kid in, IME.

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on December 08, 2011, 04:50:08 AM

LMNO
-bitter.

Don't be sorry.

Not being able to have kids with miscarriages on top of that is an unimaginably painful thing to have to deal with—your bitterness seems completely valid.

Cut yourself some slack, Alphapance.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A