News:

If words could really hurt you, this forum would be one huge abbatoir.

Main Menu

I Have No Ass and I Must POOP! A "Shut Up™" Sermon by TGRR

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, December 12, 2011, 04:10:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juana

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 12, 2011, 04:40:33 PM
Quote from: Secret Agent GARBO on December 12, 2011, 04:35:27 PM
I kinda feel like this was a little bit directed at me (I don't feel attacked, so much as you're pointing out an error in what I said). I won't thread jack here, but I did respond by clarifying in the Obama Blinked thread.

And :mittens:

There was no connection.  I'm blasted off my gourd on pills, and just spewed whatever came into my head.
Ah. :) Well, it made me think anyway, which is good. I'm a little bit fried right now, but I may have a better response later, when less fried.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Secret Agent GARBO on December 12, 2011, 06:47:12 PM
I kinda feel like this was a little bit directed at me (I don't feel attacked, so much as you're pointing out an error in what I said). I won't thread jack here, but I did respond by clarifying in the Obama Blinked thread.

There was no connection.  I'm blasted off my gourd on pills, and just spewed whatever came into my head.
Ah. :) Well, it made me think anyway, which is good. I'm a little bit fried right now, but I may have a better response later, when less fried.

Fried = extra Holy shit.  Because your spew gland is locked in the open position.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

This is fucking amazing. Black Velvet Auschwitz.

And the thing is, yes. It's all out in the open, just sitting there to be seen if only anybody would look, and there are just a few people out of every thousand pointing and screaming but nobody else will just turn around and LOOK.

So, we have to come up with other ways to get their attention.

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Juana

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 12, 2011, 06:49:00 PM
Quote from: Secret Agent GARBO on December 12, 2011, 06:47:12 PM

There was no connection.  I'm blasted off my gourd on pills, and just spewed whatever came into my head.

Fried = extra Holy shit.  Because your spew gland is locked in the open position.
My urge to spew is totally locked on the aftermath of the Civil War/Redemption, lol. Which I find fascinating, but has only tangential value to the OP. Unless you want a semi-coherent analysis of how it came to be a false dichotomy with specific focus on racism.
It'll unfocus on that and latch onto something else. I've had a couple essays brewing lately, which need some more meat and research before I post them.

Also, yes, love the black velvet Auschwitz.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel on December 12, 2011, 06:49:54 PM
This is fucking amazing. Black Velvet Auschwitz.

And the thing is, yes. It's all out in the open, just sitting there to be seen if only anybody would look, and there are just a few people out of every thousand pointing and screaming but nobody else will just turn around and LOOK.

So, we have to come up with other ways to get their attention.

I have recently, in my despair, contemplated violence.  Shocking as this sounds - I AM, after all, a man of the cloth - it is in fact how low I have sunk in recent weeks.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Secret Agent GARBO on December 12, 2011, 06:55:05 PM
Also, yes, love the black velvet Auschwitz.

Who doesn't like black velvet?

You can get Elvis, Jesus, Elvis AND Jesus (if you're in the Ozarks, they're a little confused), a bunch of fruit, death camps, and clowns.  Lots of other shit, too.

As an aside, people tell me that clowns are scary because, you know, "what's under the mask"?  But I don't think that's the scary part.  What if there isn't anything under the mask, and that gaily decorated & grotesquely smiling head coming up over the footboard of your bed is exactly as advertised?

Juana

The Good Reverend Roger

Juana

The clown. I've never been scared of clowns, but that particular image creeped me the fuck out.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Secret Agent GARBO on December 12, 2011, 07:05:02 PM
The clown. I've never been scared of clowns, but that particular image creeped me the fuck out.

One phobia delivered.  That'll be $10.

LMNO

Chapter 80:

In a place where information is suppressed
and curiosity stifled,
the people will be uncaring, unwise, and not free.
They will rely on tradition as their guides;
They will not make observations,
or try new things,
or experiment,
or play.
They will be suspicious of outsiders
just as they are with new ideas.
Their minds will be as stagnant
as the pond where they dump their garbage.
They are surely as dead as they can be,
though they still draw breath.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on December 12, 2011, 07:17:09 PM
Chapter 80:

In a place where information is suppressed
and curiosity stifled,
the people will be uncaring, unwise, and not free.
They will rely on tradition as their guides;
They will not make observations,
or try new things,
or experiment,
or play.
They will be suspicious of outsiders
just as they are with new ideas.
Their minds will be as stagnant
as the pond where they dump their garbage.
They are surely as dead as they can be,
though they still draw breath.

Yeah, that.

How come every time I get full of rant juice, the damn Chao Ting thingie says it better?  :crankey:

Cramulus

LMNO

Plus

we've been working

on it

for about

THREE
FUCKING
YEARS.

However,

there's a good chance

that it will be in print

before 2012

kicks us in the nuts.

Damn,

I think I get

What LHX

was on about.

The Good Reverend Roger