News:

Look at the world emptily, and it will gladly return the favor.

Main Menu

An acceptable gift for a bona fide hoarder?

Started by ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞, December 13, 2011, 10:52:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

See image

Yes
No

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Nephew Twiddleton

Cany see pic on phone but my clever answer is trash bags. ;)
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Murmur

Tolerable Terror for Toddlers Legionaire, Nixon Division™

"Onlookers will be horrified and amazed by the sheer volume of fluid."--TGRR

"SaraLee, I say unto you!  If ye have a cake and halve it, and then halve it yet again, you would have four quarters and yet still not have a dollar.  Eat of that cake, for it is cake which is NOT cake, which ye may have half a mind to have at a reasonable price, yet in indecision achieve satori with said stale Moon Pie.  That's what you get when YOU FUCK WITH US." - DOUR

Kai

No.

An acceptable gift to a bona fide hoarder is a box of trash bags and a map to the nearest Goodwill.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Richter

I was thinking an issue of "Iron Man" from the middle of the "Civil War" arc, but this is the evil talking.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Luna

Quote from: Richter on December 14, 2011, 03:37:27 AM
I was thinking an issue of "Iron Man" from the middle of the "Civil War" arc, but this is the evil talking.

Too recent, too easy to fill out the run.  Start with, say, Secret Wars, issue #3.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Quote from: 'Kai' ZLB, M.S. on December 14, 2011, 03:14:30 AM
No.

An acceptable gift to a bona fide hoarder is a box of trash bags and a map to the nearest Goodwill.

And maybe a gift certificate for the dump?

Quote from: Luna on December 14, 2011, 04:22:49 AM

Too recent, too easy to fill out the run.  Start with, say, Secret Wars, issue #3.

Please explain.

Phox

Quote from: Net on December 14, 2011, 09:21:26 AM
No.

Please explain.
Give said hoarder an interesting comic book in the middle of a story arc. Said hoarder will be compelled to complete the arc at great personal expense.  Laugh manically.

Telarus

Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Quote from: Doktor Zero on December 14, 2011, 09:44:36 AM
No.

Please explain.
Give said hoarder an interesting comic book in the middle of a story arc. Said hoarder will be compelled to complete the arc at great personal expense.  Laugh manically.

I don't know if comic books would pique his interest, but thanks for the wicked idea.

Dysfunctional Cunt

No.

And maybe a coupon for a weekend of helping them drag all that shit to the Goodwill and the dump. 

And bleach.  Lots of bleach.

And a gift certificate for the pest control man.

navkat

Pick up something off his own floor or one of the many loaded-down beds and surfaces when he isn't looking. Put it into a pretty gift bag...he'll never know and he'll LOVE IT. Tell him the gift bag is "special" in some fashion.

You won't be enabling the hoarder by adding any more crap to the house, and he'll save and cherish the gift bag the same as any gift you could have spent money on so in a way, you really did buy him a gift. Everybody wins!

That's just smart shopping!

Quote from: Khara on December 14, 2011, 03:48:54 PM
No.

And maybe a coupon for a weekend of helping them drag all that shit to the Goodwill and the dump. 

And bleach.  Lots of bleach.

And a gift certificate for the pest control man.

I like the coupon suggestion.

The pest control is quite fitting, since he's not throwing garbage out any more, but I cannot afford.

Quote from: navkat on December 14, 2011, 07:45:29 PM
Pick up something off his own floor or one of the many loaded-down beds and surfaces when he isn't looking. Put it into a pretty gift bag...he'll never know and he'll LOVE IT. Tell him the gift bag is "special" in some fashion.

You won't be enabling the hoarder by adding any more crap to the house, and he'll save and cherish the gift bag the same as any gift you could have spent money on so in a way, you really did buy him a gift. Everybody wins!

That's just smart shopping!

He stopped letting people into his house about a year ago because it's gotten even worse.

Clever suggestion though.