News:

Attempting to do something

Main Menu

Transsexuality, Discordianism, and Self-confidence

Started by Zenpeanut, December 14, 2011, 07:54:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juana

Quote from: Zenpeanut on December 15, 2011, 03:35:49 AM
One other issue that I'm seeing is that when I say that I identify as a woman, I don't mean that I focus on making myself as feminine as possible. While I was pretty feminine compared to many other guys when I was a boy, I'm not all that feminine of a girl. While I do feel a lot more comfortable in feminine clothing, I still curse a lot. I still have a competitive bent often times.  When I say I identify as a woman, that doesn't mean I want to be overtly feminine. If I wanted that, I would just be an effeminate man.
Sure is a pink tool box ya got there. Did it come with a hoop skirt?
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

The Good Reverend Roger

And if I have to be a label, then it's fucking "asshat".  

Fucking weird ass catagorizing bullshit this religion is going straight to hell in a space shuttle why in my day
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Secret Agent GARBO on December 15, 2011, 03:50:25 AM
One other issue that I'm seeing is that when I say that I identify as a woman, I don't mean that I focus on making myself as feminine as possible. While I was pretty feminine compared to many other guys when I was a boy, I'm not all that feminine of a girl. While I do feel a lot more comfortable in feminine clothing, I still curse a lot. I still have a competitive bent often times.  When I say I identify as a woman, that doesn't mean I want to be overtly feminine. If I wanted that, I would just be an effeminate man.
Sure is a pink tool box ya got there. Did it come with a hoop skirt?

You

are

a

bad

person

:lulz:

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Juana

"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Phox

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 15, 2011, 03:48:40 AM
Quote from: Doktor Zero on December 15, 2011, 03:45:51 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 15, 2011, 03:43:15 AM
Hoo boy, there's a lot to cover here so I guess I'll just dig in.

Nigel, your focus on seems to be centered more on SRS and practices surrounding it. I agree wholeheartedly that the criteria for having SRS is abysmal. The Standards of Care (health criteria for trans issues) was, and still is, decided by cissexuals.

Wait.

By what?
Cissexual is a term for non-trans person.

Fuck that shit.  I'm a people.  Someone else can be one of these fucking labels.
I agree, Roger but you know pople and their love of labels. Obsession, I tells ya. Streamlined communication my ass! It just complicates ideas.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Doktor Zero on December 15, 2011, 03:54:19 AM

Nigel, your focus on seems to be centered more on SRS and practices surrounding it. I agree wholeheartedly that the criteria for having SRS is abysmal. The Standards of Care (health criteria for trans issues) was, and still is, decided by cissexuals.

Wait.

By what?

Fuck that shit.  I'm a people.  Someone else can be one of these fucking labels.
I agree, Roger but you know pople and their love of labels. Obsession, I tells ya. Streamlined communication my ass! It just complicates ideas.

It seems like an effort to jargonize the subject, by which I mean add an air of legitimacy via poor communication.  My boss does that.  It pains me.

And there's no need to lend legitimacy to what a person chooses to do to or with their own body, right?  I mean, am I just being silly here?  I was lost at "genderqueer".

The Good Reverend Roger

Phox

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 15, 2011, 03:56:26 AM

Wait.

By what?

It seems like an effort to jargonize the subject, by which I mean add an air of legitimacy via poor communication.  My boss does that.  It pains me.

And there's no need to lend legitimacy to what a person chooses to do to or with their own body, right?  I mean, am I just being silly here?  I was lost at "genderqueer".
Yeah, the problem is that people, especially those in certain fields that start with "psychology" and end with.... "psychology", really, really, like to make up words and labels.

And unfortunately, Roger, not so many people like to keep it as simple as you. They want their "rules", and their "taboos", and their jargonized bullshit. Because that totally means something, damn it!  :lulz:

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Doktor Zero on December 15, 2011, 04:01:02 AM

Wait.

By what?

Fuck that shit.  I'm a people.  Someone else can be one of these fucking labels.

It seems like an effort to jargonize the subject, by which I mean add an air of legitimacy via poor communication.  My boss does that.  It pains me.

And there's no need to lend legitimacy to what a person chooses to do to or with their own body, right?  I mean, am I just being silly here?  I was lost at "genderqueer".
Yeah, the problem is that people, especially those in certain fields that start with "psychology" and end with.... "psychology", really, really, like to make up words and labels.

And unfortunately, Roger, not so many people like to keep it as simple as you. They want their "rules", and their "taboos", and their jargonized bullshit. Because that totally means something, damn it!  :lulz:

No, they also do it in the corporate sector.

YOU HEAR ME, JIM?  "ACTIONIZE" IS NOT A FUCKING VERB.  IT IS NOT EVEN A FUCKING WORD.

And yes, things are almost always simple.  Until people decide they aren't.

Juana

Phox

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 15, 2011, 04:02:11 AM
Quote from: Doktor Zero on December 15, 2011, 04:01:02 AM

Wait.

By what?

Fuck that shit.  I'm a people.  Someone else can be one of these fucking labels.

It seems like an effort to jargonize the subject, by which I mean add an air of legitimacy via poor communication.  My boss does that.  It pains me.

And there's no need to lend legitimacy to what a person chooses to do to or with their own body, right?  I mean, am I just being silly here?  I was lost at "genderqueer".

No, they also do it in the corporate sector.

YOU HEAR ME, JIM?  "ACTIONIZE" IS NOT A FUCKING VERB.  IT IS NOT EVEN A FUCKING WORD.

And yes, things are almost always simple.  Until people decide they aren't.
Actionize?  :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz:

Yeah, it is a species wide problem, I agree. Why can't people just be people, and do what people fucking do?  :argh!:

The Good Reverend Roger

I really don't get it.

People are by definition not all the same.  There is no need to try to make groups of them the same by inventing catagories.

I AM A FUCKING PEOPLE.  DOKTOR ZERO IS A FUCKING PEOPLE.  ZENPEANUT IS A FUCKING PEOPLE.  If that doesn't make you special enough, then the problem isn't with society, the problem is IN YOUR HEAD1.  Also, Agent Garbo is a people, but she does things.  Terrible things.  People still talk about them, but never when she's around.

1  However, the lesson of Matthew Shepherd should be kept in mind while around yahoos.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Secret Agent GARBO on December 15, 2011, 04:04:15 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 15, 2011, 03:58:13 AM
Quote from: Secret Agent GARBO on December 15, 2011, 03:51:32 AM
:thanks:

I am starting to rub off on you.   :lulz:

I advise turpentine and a pressure washer, stat.
I can only hope that's enough.

I was talking about ME.  YOU just need something to get my horrible hair off the furniture before your cat goes allergic.

Phox

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 15, 2011, 04:06:32 AM
I really don't get it.

People are by definition not all the same.  There is no need to try to make groups of them the same by inventing catagories.

I AM A FUCKING PEOPLE.  DOKTOR ZERO IS A FUCKING PEOPLE.  ZENPEANUT IS A FUCKING PEOPLE.  If that doesn't make you special enough, then the problem isn't with society, the problem is IN YOUR HEAD1.  Also, Agent Garbo is a people, but she does things.  Terrible things.  People still talk about them, but never when she's around.

1  However, the lesson of Matthew Shepherd should be kept in mind while around yahoos.
I think Mr. Swift's description of the Yahoo is applicable to a far larger portion of the population than he might have thought, as unfortunate as that is.

But Roger, you are certainly riding the correct Houyhnhnm with your position.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Doktor Zero on December 15, 2011, 04:13:02 AM

But Roger, you are certainly riding the correct Houyhnhnm with your position.

You can't prove a fucking thing.