News:

PD.com forums: a disorganized echo-chamber full of concordian, Greyfaced radical left-wing nutjobs who honestly believe they can take down imaginary Nazis by distributing flyers. They are highly-suspicious of all newcomers and hostile to almost everyone, including themselves. The only thing they don't take seriously is Discordianism.

Main Menu

I feel sick

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, December 15, 2011, 01:36:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

He isn't letting it go through because they made it less onerous.  He agreed to it because they made it MORE onerous.

ETA:  Sometimes I really, really hate being a prophet.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

East Coast Hustle

No surprise there.

he's just GWB in blackface.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Fuck You One-Eye on December 15, 2011, 01:49:37 AM
No surprise there.

he's just GWB in blackface.

You know what the real DRAG is about being a Holy Man™ and a prophet and all that shit is, in the 21st century?

Nobody wants to know the future.

Fucking democrats.  Fucking republicans.  A plague on both their houses.

Phox

I'd love to say this was a shocking turn of events, but... well, ECH nailed it.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Doktor Zero on December 15, 2011, 01:52:17 AM

Yeah, I know.

But I kept thinking - obviously a result of drug abuse - that there would be some kind of limit, some point at which even The Smiler would say, Jesus H Christ, maybe I don't want to be America's Sulla.

I need to cut back on the pills.

Phox

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 15, 2011, 01:54:15 AM

Yeah, I know.

But I kept thinking - obviously a result of drug abuse - that there would be some kind of limit, some point at which even The Smiler would say, Jesus H Christ, maybe I don't want to be America's Sulla.

I'm right there with you, Roger. I am still amazed by the extent at which it gets ignored by the monkeys, though. They still seem to be convinced that it's not 1984 meets A Brave New World, because Obama won in 2008....

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Doktor Zero on December 15, 2011, 01:57:48 AM

Yeah, I know.

I'm right there with you, Roger. I am still amazed by the extent at which it gets ignored by the monkeys, though. They still seem to be convinced that it's not 1984 meets A Brave New World, because Obama won in 2008....

Turns out that he's worse than Dubya.   :lulz:

Phox

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 15, 2011, 01:58:23 AM

Yeah, I know.

It's the next logical step, of course. I'm just waiting for the Love Czar to be appointed.  :lol:

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Doktor Zero on December 15, 2011, 02:00:36 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 15, 2011, 01:58:23 AM

Yeah, I know.

It's the next logical step, of course. I'm just waiting for the Love Czar to be appointed.  :lol:

Naw.  I knew Dubya wasn't gonna try for Imperator, but I knew it would happen in my lifetime.

WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Cainad (dec.)

I thought I had set my expectations low enough:

"He'll fuck us just as hard, but at least he'll fuck us in a different way. We'll have something different to bitch about other than the same crap that's been happening since I was 11." <--- my dumb ass, circa 2008

God damn it.

It's the same. Fucking. Thing.

It's not even different shit. We have been served the exact same shit with different-colored sprinkles.

Roger, this future is broken. I'd like a new one, please. In case I wasn't clear with my specifications before, I'd like one where there aren't spiders hiding in every unopened drawer, and where the faucets don't run with blood that I have paid to be spilled.

Telarus

Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Telarus

So, the thing's not even signed yet, and these are popping up on FB:

Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Cain

To be fair, when Obama said he "wanted to shut down Guantanamo Bay" he meant exactly that.  He did and does want to shut it down.

He just said nothing about the policy of indefinite detention.

Also, if you will, cast your mind back to the Democratic Congress of 2007-8.  Recall, week after week and month after month the revelations that the Democrats were aware of things like extraordinary rendition, and torture, granting retroactive immunity to the telecoms involved in spying and refusing to defund the Iraq War.

Everyone put that down to usual Dem spinelessness, which just shows how insufficiently cynical and in thrall to political stereotyping they are.  No, what happened was the Dems realised they could seize the White House in 2008, and that they would then have that power.  And who was one of the Senators of the Bush Presidency?

Why, none other than a certain Kenyan born Muslim Marxisant militant called Barak Obama.

Dysfunctional Cunt

QuoteBut the bill includes a narrower provision, drafted by the Senate, authorizing the government to detain, without trial, suspected members of Al Qaeda or its allies — or those who "substantially supported" them — bolstering the authorization it enacted a decade ago against the perpetrators of the Sept. 11 attacks.

I just  :x

I mean there is no way this is going to open doors for some idiot to say "Oh look, them thar mooslim fellers over there look mighty suspect to me, I think they are up to something walking down the street like that, we should take them in for questioning."

Nat that it isn't already happening, I am sure.  :sad: