News:

And if you've misplaced your penis, never fear. This forum is full of dicks.

Main Menu

IMAGE SEARCHING CHALLENGE

Started by Triple Zero, December 15, 2011, 06:29:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Triple Zero

Back in my days on the ~Seekers board, we used to play a game. Someone would post an image and the rest would have to try and find the source and backstory of that image.

We played that game a couple of years ago with a picture from my "Javaanse Jongens" tobacco, unfortunately that thread appears to have been purged :?

Anyway, Cram and I thought it'd be fun to have another round.

The image is this:

That's the one that WaffleIron posted. TinEye gives zero results. Google visual search gives some results but none to the source.

Where did this picture come from? When/how/why was it taken? What is the backstory?

GO!
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

The Good Reverend Roger

Problem:  My laptop is down now, because I tried to find a pic that someone here posted years ago.

:lulz:

TGRR,
Laptop has the Russian syphilis.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Triple Zero

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 15, 2011, 06:30:50 PMProblem:  My laptop is down now, because I tried to find a pic that someone here posted years ago.

TGRR,
Laptop has the Russian syphilis.

Well, usually these image searches took days or even weeks with everybody cooperating posting their guesses and shreds of info and building upon that, so there's time :)

I think the "Javaanse Jongens" challenge took slightly less than a week or so.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Juana

I know, right? :lulz: The Star Trek gear makes it even better.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Cramulus

GAME ON!!!

so I got a bunch of results through google reverse image search.

The image has recently been posted to:

deadbeatgodfather.tumblr.com/
humdi.net/urls/?cid=-1
whataf.tumblr.com/
subba.blog.hu/page/3
forum.expressobeans.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&p=1229921 .... and another 6 pages of results

Now the problem here is that this image has been x-posted a TON in the last two days, mostly on tumblr blogs. If you're trying to find the origin of an image, Tumblr blogs are usually a dead end. They almost always just point to another tumblr blog as the "source".

I followed the links for a while ... right now I've clicked through about 8 blogs, and am currently searching on http://kev-n.tumblr.com/ to see when he posted it.

Cramulus

Okay, getting a little closer. Tried a different method for identifying the image's origin.

Google Image Search now has a "custom range" option. So I searched for the image being posted between 12/1/11 and 12/5/11 and found no results. I repeated the search for 12/5/11 to 12/10/11 and found FOUR results. So google indexed the image for the first time between the 5th and 10th of this month.

http://www.jokeroo.com/user-content/pictures/extreme/2011/12/853854-words-cant-explain.html (two links at jokeroo... I don't think this is the source)
http://webdiscover.ru/hard/frame-74547-wtf.html
http://himynameisjohncogs.tumblr.com/

that last one is another tumblr blog, and when I found the image on it, it points to http://vejiga.tumblr.com/post/13986023109/la-pareja-mas-extrana-de-la-historia

which sadly doesn't have a source for the image at all.

Cramulus

okay let's try thinking about this a different way

they're clearly involved in some sort of convention. It could be a fetish con. It could be a star trek con. Or it could be basically any convention that you wear costumes to.

We know it's in a city.

And if the original photo was taken this December, the chick's short sleeves indicate that they're somewhere relatively warm.

It's worth noting that they're wearing the same star trek insignia.

I'm looking at the little dude on the left. Is his forehead is crinkled, or is he wearing a klingon outfit? His ear looks slightly pinker than his face, is he a white guy wearing makeup?

what do you cats think?

the goal here is to find out where this image came from. Do you guys know of any relevant conventions which happened earlier this month?

Juana

Nope, Cram, I found a result dating from a year ago.
Asking the guy on Twitter if he remembers where he found it, on the totally off chance that he does.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cramulus

I'm looking at the riding crop in his hand, and the chick's piercings / implants, and I am about 75% sure they're on their way to a fetish fair or con or something to that effect.

I can't google that at work though!

Quote from: Secret Agent GARBO on December 15, 2011, 07:02:21 PM
Nope, Cram, I found a result dating from a year ago.
Asking the guy on Twitter if he remembers where he found it, on the totally off chance that he does.

OMFG please warn us before posting a NSFW link! There's definitely some old man dick on that page. I only looked for a second. Now I'm GAY. AT WORK.  :x

How'd you find the 1+ year ago result? any clues from that page?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I find that listening to this helps with the search: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsobFEVgNZo

Her name is Dani Danger and you will never believe where she lives. I have been unable to find an explanation for that particular photo though.

Cramulus

Quote from: Nigel on December 15, 2011, 07:07:50 PM
Her name is Dani Danger and you will never believe where she lives. I have been unable to find an explanation for that particular photo though.

that's a good clue - do you recognize her from somewhere?

where does she live?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cramulus on December 15, 2011, 07:09:05 PM
Quote from: Nigel on December 15, 2011, 07:07:50 PM

that's a good clue - do you recognize her from somewhere?

where does she live?

I tracked down the link to her website via some Russian blog that I found in Google image search.

Tempe, Arizona.