The Inevitable Christopher Hitchens has Died Thread

Started by Thurnez Isa, December 16, 2011, 05:56:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thurnez Isa

Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Well why don't we just set up a party on his grave

that'd be classy.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Phox

Cain

Hitchens was a moral monster in his advocation of the Iraq War and his unwavering propaganda suggesting bombing the shit out of little brown religious people across the globe.

I ain't gonna party on his grave, but if an Iraqi wants to take a shit there, I wish him the best of luck.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

He was pretty fucking unlikable.

But the whole "Yay for someone dying" thing. Seriously. Every fucking time.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Thurnez Isa

I didn't say yay
I said I didn't care
but I thought some of you might.
It seems everyone everywhere else on the internet does.
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

Murmur

Tolerable Terror for Toddlers Legionaire, Nixon Division™

"Onlookers will be horrified and amazed by the sheer volume of fluid."--TGRR

"SaraLee, I say unto you!  If ye have a cake and halve it, and then halve it yet again, you would have four quarters and yet still not have a dollar.  Eat of that cake, for it is cake which is NOT cake, which ye may have half a mind to have at a reasonable price, yet in indecision achieve satori with said stale Moon Pie.  That's what you get when YOU FUCK WITH US." - DOUR

Nephew Twiddleton

Douchebag British atheist.

I only care about 1/3 of that. And for once, British is not one of those things I care about.

What I do care about is for people to stop giving a crap about what they believe. It's all bullshit anyway. No one knows shit, other than when you are dead, you die, and you most likely paid taxes and had to come to terms with the fact that you owe your existence to your dad bonking your mom, disgusting as that image invariably is.

Pity that he's dead. I think that death is the ultimate cruelty. We are given the gift of humanity, and part of humanity is knowing that we cease to exist at some point.

I hope he's wrong and he's chillin with hannukwanzjesus right now. Partially for the "haha, you were wrong", but mostly for the "no one deserves to die. We ought to be immortal in some way."
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

East Coast Hustle

Frankly, I think it's perfectly valid to be happy that Hitchens died.

It's one thing to be an immoral shitstain. It's a completely different thing to have a global mass-media platform which you use to try to convince the rest of the world that it's good to be an immoral shitstain and that they should follow suit.

So yeah, if I were to come across his grave IRL I probably would dance on it, or at least spit on the headstone. Fuck that guy.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

AFK

Heh, if God does exist, I bet he was rubbing his hands together and giving a little evil chuckle when he heard the news. 

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

hooplala

His fascist turn in the last decade did not impress me, but I liked most everything else about the man.  I'm quite saddened by his death.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

hooplala

Quote from: Fuck You One-Eye on December 16, 2011, 01:10:11 PM
Frankly, I think it's perfectly valid to be happy that Hitchens died.

It's one thing to be an immoral shitstain. It's a completely different thing to have a global mass-media platform which you use to try to convince the rest of the world that it's good to be an immoral shitstain and that they should follow suit.

So yeah, if I were to come across his grave IRL I probably would dance on it, or at least spit on the headstone. Fuck that guy.

Stay classy.

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

hooplala

Quote from: My Lady is a Cantaloupe on December 16, 2011, 01:13:34 PM
Heh, if God does exist, I bet he was rubbing his hands together and giving a little evil chuckle when he heard the news. 

"Heard" the news?  You don't know much about this God fellow... do you?

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

Cain

Quote from: Hoopla on December 16, 2011, 01:44:58 PM
His fascist turn in the last decade did not impress me

The worst aspect of that is that, when you read his longer articles from the 1980s, you realise he knew exactly what kind of people the Bush administration were, because he'd been writing about their individual members and kooky philosophy for years beforehand.

I put it down to Hitchens' attitude towards Islam after the Salman Rushdie fatwa, which have more than just a tinge of racism to them.  Neoconservatism, when applied to the Soviet Union (ie white people with whom he had a level of ideological affinity) was wrong, whereas Neoconservatism for the Middle East was just fine.

Triple Zero

Quote from: Nigel on December 16, 2011, 06:01:25 AM
Well why don't we just set up a party on his grave

that'd be classy.
Quote from: Nigel on December 16, 2011, 06:20:10 AM
He was pretty fucking unlikable.

But the whole "Yay for someone dying" thing. Seriously. Every fucking time.

Fucking hell are you that bored that you're now looking to dig up old arguments over things that nobody actually said yet??

Stirring up shit for nothing, over nothing, if you're trolling PD, go do that somewhere else. And this isn't even jumping on some retarded n00b, but you're wilfully misinterpreting Thurnez, a long-time poster that we all know never even comes close to the sort of assholish vulture-like behaviour you're accusing him of.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.