News:

Licenced Jenkem provider since 2007

Main Menu

De hierro negro hilo de prisión

Started by LMNO, December 16, 2011, 12:49:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Cataplanga

I just realized this translation work will be much easier if I had an account at the BIP wiki. I mean, constantly quoting, discussing and editing posts in a forum gets annoying fast, but that kind of thing is the whole point of wikis. I could add a small link to the spanish version next to each article in the Table of Contents, and we could work collaboratively, as wikis are designed that way.

He notado que trabajar en la traducción sería mucho más fácil si tuviera una cuenta en el wiki del BIP. Constantemente tener que citar, discutir y editar posts en un foro es muy molesto, pero las wikis fueron diseñadas con ese propósito en mente.

Khore

Quote from: Lord Cataplanga on December 18, 2011, 06:08:14 PM
I just realized this translation work will be much easier if I had an account at the BIP wiki. I mean, constantly quoting, discussing and editing posts in a forum gets annoying fast, but that kind of thing is the whole point of wikis. I could add a small link to the spanish version next to each article in the Table of Contents, and we could work collaboratively, as wikis are designed that way.

He notado que trabajar en la traducción sería mucho más fácil si tuviera una cuenta en el wiki del BIP. Constantemente tener que citar, discutir y editar posts en un foro es muy molesto, pero las wikis fueron diseñadas con ese propósito en mente.

Estoy de acuerdo, yo no se como crearla... si alguien puede que se responsabilice de esa parte por favor. Me parece un texto muy interesante y me veo reflejado en él al menos por lo que he leido.

Triple Zero

I think RWHN can set you up with an account.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Lord Cataplanga

Quote from: Triple Zero on December 19, 2011, 02:00:40 AM
I think RWHN can set you up with an account.

What's His Name indeed.
A quick google search (because this site's search doesn't work) suggests that his current name is My Lady is a Cantaloupe. I'll PM him my request.

Según google, RWHN se llama ahora My Lady is a Cantaloupe. Le voy a enviar un mensaje personal pidiéndole una cuenta.

ETA: Got an account, now. Thanks, Triple Zero and What's Your Name! I'll resume working on the translation as soon as I get back home. Right now I'm too busy with my actual work...

Lord Cataplanga

http://www.blackironprison.com/index.php?title=Bienvenido_a_la_Prisión

That's the Spanish version of LMNO's Welcome to Prison. I'm not sure from where I should link it, though. Should I put a link to the Spanish versions next to each entry in the Table of Contents? Or should I create a new "Tabla de Contenidos" entirely?

Maybe I'm getting a bit ahead of myself. For the moment I'll stop worrying about the format and just focus on the content. I shall commence working soon on chapter 13th: "On the Nature of Reality", because I like that essay and it's full of simple declarative sentences that should be straightforward to translate.

Cramulus

Quote from: Lord Cataplanga on December 19, 2011, 11:03:59 PM
Or should I create a new "Tabla de Contenidos" entirely?

I think this one - start a separate page for the spanish version

BTW, welcome to the rare and illustrious BIP wiki cabal. There aren't a lot of us! That's why we're so elite and cool.