News:

I hate both of you because your conversation is both navel-gazing and puerile

Main Menu

Sleight of mind in demonology

Started by Khore, December 19, 2011, 03:50:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Khore

A God ignored is a Demon born.

Think you to hypertrophy some Selves at the expense of others?

That which is denied gains power, and seeks strange and unexpected forms of manifestation.

Deny Death and other forms of Suicide will arise.

Deny Sex and bizarre forms of its expression will haunt you.

Deny Love and absurd sentimentalities will disable you.

Deny Aggression only to stare eventually at the bloody Knife in your shaking hand.

Deny honest Fear and Desire only to create senseless neuroticism and avarice.

Deny Laughter and the world laughs at you.

Deny Magick only to become a confused robot, inexplicable even unto yourself.

Source: Liber Kaos - Peter J. Carroll

Cramulus

98.   Non-Attachment

Kitano Gempo, abbot of Eihei temple, was ninety-two years old when he passed away in the year 1933. He endeavored his whole like not to be attached to anything. As a wandering mendicant when he was twenty he happened to meet a traveler who smoked tobacco. As they walked together down a mountain road, they stopped under a tree to rest. The traveler offered Kitano a smoke, which he accepted, as he was very hungry at the time.

"How pleasant this smoking is," he commented. The other gave him an extra pipe and tobacco and they parted.

Kitano felt: "Such pleasant things may disturb meditation. Before this goes too far, I will stop now." So he threw the smoking outfit away.

When he was twenty-three years old he studied I-King, the profoundest doctrine of the universe. It was winter at the time and he needed some heavy clothes. He wrote his teacher, who lived a hundred miles away, telling him of his need, and gave the letter to a traveler to deliver. Almost the whole winter passed and neither answer nor clothes arrived. So Kitano resorted to the prescience of I-King, which also teaches the art of divination, to determine whether or not his letter had miscarried. He found that this had been the case. A letter afterwards from his teacher made no mention of clothes.

"If I perform such accurate determinative work with I-King, I may neglect my meditation," felt Kitano. So he gave up this marvelous teaching and never resorted to its powers again.

When he was twenty-eight he studied Chinese calligraphy and poetry. He grew so skillful in these arts that his teacher praised him. Kitano mused: "If I don't stop now, I'll be a poet, not a Zen teacher." So he never wrote another poem.

Cramulus

Chao Te Ching
Chapter 2

When the people of the world all know Order as Order,
there arises the recognition of Disorder.
When they know there is such a thing as Illusion,
there arises the idea of Reality.

Therefore Order and Disorder produce each other,
Reality and Illusion trick each other,
Authority and Freedom define each other,
Love and Hate fuck each other.

So the wise spags look for balance,
and stick their wrench into the Machine™.

They organize, but they do not Order.
They break apart, but they do not Disorder.
They act, but they Keep Their Fucking Mouths Shut.
And so are able to act again.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cramulus on December 19, 2011, 05:14:30 PM
98.   Non-Attachment

Kitano Gempo, abbot of Eihei temple, was ninety-two years old when he passed away in the year 1933. He endeavored his whole like not to be attached to anything. As a wandering mendicant when he was twenty he happened to meet a traveler who smoked tobacco. As they walked together down a mountain road, they stopped under a tree to rest. The traveler offered Kitano a smoke, which he accepted, as he was very hungry at the time.

"How pleasant this smoking is," he commented. The other gave him an extra pipe and tobacco and they parted.

Kitano felt: "Such pleasant things may disturb meditation. Before this goes too far, I will stop now." So he threw the smoking outfit away.

When he was twenty-three years old he studied I-King, the profoundest doctrine of the universe. It was winter at the time and he needed some heavy clothes. He wrote his teacher, who lived a hundred miles away, telling him of his need, and gave the letter to a traveler to deliver. Almost the whole winter passed and neither answer nor clothes arrived. So Kitano resorted to the prescience of I-King, which also teaches the art of divination, to determine whether or not his letter had miscarried. He found that this had been the case. A letter afterwards from his teacher made no mention of clothes.

"If I perform such accurate determinative work with I-King, I may neglect my meditation," felt Kitano. So he gave up this marvelous teaching and never resorted to its powers again.

When he was twenty-eight he studied Chinese calligraphy and poetry. He grew so skillful in these arts that his teacher praised him. Kitano mused: "If I don't stop now, I'll be a poet, not a Zen teacher." So he never wrote another poem.

Wow...
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Khore on December 19, 2011, 03:50:11 PM

That which is denied gains power, and seeks strange and unexpected forms of manifestation.

Deny Aggression only to stare eventually at the bloody Knife in your shaking hand.

Utter fucking crap.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Khore

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 19, 2011, 06:18:42 PM

Utter fucking crap.

Crap? Of course. Peter J. Carroll is crap too, of course :lulz:

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Khore on December 19, 2011, 07:13:29 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 19, 2011, 06:18:42 PM

Utter fucking crap.

Crap? Of course. Peter J. Carroll is crap too, of course :lulz:

So, your plan here is to copy/paste garbage in between rants about how women are subhuman?

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Don Coyote

So Khore is a one of those them there chaotes :lulz:

I guess it's time to start paying attention to PD again.

Luna

Quote from: Cramulus on December 19, 2011, 05:14:30 PM
98.   Non-Attachment

I...  Yeah, this.

Glad I stuck my head in, despite the garbage OP.

Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Khore

Hey, here is another important "crap", of Gandhi:

"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Khore on December 19, 2011, 07:30:19 PM

"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win."

You're so last century.

Now, it goes:

"First they ignore you, then they ridiculy you, then they fight you, then you go home with a rupture."

Don Coyote

:roll:

You are not a skinny dude fighting for civil rights. You are a shit bag misogynist that is just barely two steps above pinealism.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Pope Pastor Wolf-Something-Or-Other on December 19, 2011, 07:32:46 PM

:roll:

You are not a skinny dude fighting for civil rights. You are a shit bag misogynist that is just barely two steps above pinealism.

Khore is all about freedom.  For him.  Women, to him, are animals not worthy of free will.

Because he can't get laid.  :lulz:

Luna

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 19, 2011, 07:31:30 PM

You're so last century.

Now, it goes:

"First they ignore you, then they ridiculy you, then they fight you, then you go home with a rupture."

Then there's the "worthless attention whore troll" version.

First they fight you, and you win!  Then they ridicule you, then they ignore, and then you skulk off to piss off another bunch of people, trying desperately to hide the butthurt of not being appreciated for the special snowflake that you are.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."