News:

What the fuck is a homonym?  It's something that sounds gay.

Main Menu

10 Points to Ponder. Or Kill TGRR.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, December 20, 2011, 01:01:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: trix on December 26, 2011, 12:48:55 AM
I missed whatever drama has Roger riled up this time,

Sucks to be you then, doesn't it?
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

BadBeast

Duck's cock? I must have missed that.
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: BadBeast on December 26, 2011, 02:50:08 AM

It's a Milwaukee thing.  It's sort of like Kent, except without as high a degree of culture as you'd expect.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

trix

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 26, 2011, 02:21:03 AM
Quote from: trix on December 26, 2011, 12:48:55 AM
I missed whatever drama has Roger riled up this time,

Sucks to be you then, doesn't it?

Yeah, I've been crying inconsolably ever since I realized I missed some drama.  Why didn't I get the memo!?

Heh, chosen at random.  Figured a decent chance it's here somewhere though.  Next time I get a sec I'll go find one.  Just for completeness.

ETA: NSFW
There's good news tonight.  And bad news.  First, the bad news: there is no good news.  Now, the good news: you don't have to listen to the bad news.
Zen Without Zen Masters

Quote from: Cain
Gender is a social construct.  As society, we get to choose your gender.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: trix on December 26, 2011, 02:52:35 AM

Yeah, I've been crying inconsolably ever since I realized I missed some drama.  Why didn't I get the memo!?

Well, yeah.  I mean, here the drama is all over, and you're determined to get your share.  Can't say I blame you, of course.  It was some high quality drama, though it had nothing to do with my suggestion to revisit the ban rules.  Really, Trix, I'd expect you to read a bit more carefully than that when you stalk me.  I have very high standards for my stalkers, and you're going to have to up your game a bit.

Just saying.

Telarus

Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

BadBeast

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 26, 2011, 02:51:17 AM

It's a Milwaukee thing.  It's sort of like Kent, except without as high a degree of culture as you'd expect.
I always thought a Duck would have had a Drake, rather than a Cock. (Or maybe a"Quacka Cloaca"?)
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: BadBeast on December 26, 2011, 03:00:57 AM

I always thought a Duck would have had a Drake, rather than a Cock. (Or maybe a"Quacka Cloaca"?)

It's theirs, and they can call it anything they like.

Actually, I owe Trix a small debt of gratitude.  Having read his windy shit about "the declining quality of my rants/hateshitting/whatever", I got to thinking, and now I'm only going to rant when the mood hits me, rather than because I feel I should.  Somehow I got myself feeling obligated at a religious level, and now I've seen the light...Which is why I've slowed down a tad.  I'm mostly just writing horrible letters to politicians, these days.

BadBeast

There are 2 Kents, one North of (I think) the Medway, and one South. Depending on which side of the this sewerage ditch of a river you hail from, you are either a Kentish Man, or a Man of Kent. No-one ever goes there anyway. We don't like to go much further East than Marlborough. Not since that business with the Kite and the Helicopter.

And if Kent's so great, how come the Duke of Kent never goes near the fookin' place?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: BadBeast on December 26, 2011, 03:11:46 AM

There are 2 Kents, one North of (I think) the Medway, and one South. Depending on which side of the this sewerage ditch of a river you hail from, you are either a Kentish Man, or a Man of Kent. No-one ever goes there anyway. We don't like to go much further East than Marlborough. Not since that business with the Kite and the Helicopter.

And if Kent's so great, how come the Duke of Kent never goes near the fookin' place?

Probably for the same reason my landlord avoids me like the plague.   :lol:

BadBeast

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 26, 2011, 03:04:19 AM

Actually, I owe Trix a small debt of gratitude.  Having read his windy shit about "the declining quality of my rants/hateshitting/whatever", I got to thinking, and now I'm only going to rant when the mood hits me, rather than because I feel I should.  Somehow I got myself feeling obligated at a religious level, and now I've seen the light...Which is why I've slowed down a tad.  I'm mostly just writing horrible letters to politicians, these days.

You should write to their Wives instead. Far more likely to get a response too. I would have thought.
eta; "Dr Mr Clinton . . . . . "

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: BadBeast on December 26, 2011, 03:14:39 AM

Actually, I owe Trix a small debt of gratitude.  Having read his windy shit about "the declining quality of my rants/hateshitting/whatever", I got to thinking, and now I'm only going to rant when the mood hits me, rather than because I feel I should.  Somehow I got myself feeling obligated at a religious level, and now I've seen the light...Which is why I've slowed down a tad.  I'm mostly just writing horrible letters to politicians, these days.

You should write to their Wives instead. Far more likely to get a response too. I would have thought.

I feel uncomfortable asking a man's wife if his decisions are due to fetal alcohol sydrome or terminal syphilis. 

Which is another way of saying, "I like to torment the staffers who actually read the letters.", and I assign myself bonus points every time I get a non-form letter in response (which isn't often, no matter how loudly I bray).

trix

Actually, I owe Trix a small debt of gratitude.  Having read his windy shit about "the declining quality of my rants/hateshitting/whatever", I got to thinking, and now I'm only going to rant when the mood hits me, rather than because I feel I should.  Somehow I got myself feeling obligated at a religious level, and now I've seen the light...Which is why I've slowed down a tad.  I'm mostly just writing horrible letters to politicians, these days.

Probably moot at this point but, that windy shit really was intended as a joking bunch of BS to poke you with a stick.  Boredom relief, is all.  If you took that as my true opinion of the quality of your rants, that was not my intent.  I chose you as a target because your rants are some of my favorite to read, and no other reason.

I am, however, waiting with baited breath the next couple chapters of the Discordian Handbook or whatever it's called.  That thread full of tips on starting running and maintaining a cabal.  I have found that to be endlessly useful.
There's good news tonight.  And bad news.  First, the bad news: there is no good news.  Now, the good news: you don't have to listen to the bad news.
Zen Without Zen Masters

Quote from: Cain
Gender is a social construct.  As society, we get to choose your gender.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: trix on December 26, 2011, 03:24:41 AM

Probably moot at this point but, that windy shit really was intended as a joking bunch of BS to poke you with a stick.  Boredom relief, is all.  If you took that as my true opinion of the quality of your rants, that was not my intent.  I chose you as a target because your rants are some of my favorite to read, and no other reason.

I am, however, waiting with baited breath the next couple chapters of the Discordian Handbook or whatever it's called.  That thread full of tips on starting running and maintaining a cabal.  I have found that to be endlessly useful.

1.  Well, there's the law of unintended consequences for you...Or maybe LMNO's Axiom in a slightly different context.

2.  Well, I stopped writing that 2-3 years ago, so don't hold your breath too long.  It occurred to me that expecting what works for me to work for other people was kind of silly...and besides, it gets in the way of the old drama, doesn't it?  I mean, while I'm busy writing things like that, I could be picking fights and suggesting odd changes to the rules.

TGRR,
A big cunt, but not as big as your GF's.

BadBeast

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 26, 2011, 03:16:48 AM
Quote from: BadBeast on December 26, 2011, 03:14:39 AM

I feel uncomfortable asking a man's wife if his decisions are due to fetal alcohol sydrome or terminal syphilis.  

Which is another way of saying, "I like to torment the staffers who actually read the letters.", and I assign myself bonus points every time I get a non-form letter in response (which isn't often, no matter how loudly I bray).

Ah, OK, that sounds all good too. Remind the Toadying little fuckers just what a sack of pus they're working for, kinda thing?  Just be careful not to lose control of those emotions.   :lulz: